What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

tbh you have to see them live. On record, I like their proggy jamming era, the lightweight country stuff not so much. 

Oh I’ve seen plenty of live grating endless noodle jams, just don’t get it

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It was probably me that posted the Gene Clark. That's a pretty damn good compilation, all stuff I've been into for years - although much of it is not remotely 'country'. If any tracks particularly take your fancy, I can point you in the direction of further listening. 

It was you!

I'd looked for it in albums and not found it but it was in 'what song'.

To be honest, this record's been literally spinning for about 30 minutes now and I haven't dropped the arm. I can't stand first listen to something whilst also doing something else. I like to give it my undivided. So I've postponed it until I've finished my chores and checked the footy scores...

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It was probably me that posted the Gene Clark

It was, after I posted the song "Gene Clark" by the fannies in the "what song.." thread.

• Like 1

I have never understood what people see in the Grateful Dead.

Me either. There's something not quite "right" about their stuff. Dunno what it is. For example this

is an OK song, but I find it hard to listen all the way through,... but when someone else covers it (albeit someone I love), like this

it becomes a thing of wonder

• Like 1

Reverse for me.   The cover does nothing for me.   That's not really too representative of the most of the Dead's stuff, though.

I remember once in Kansas City in the late '70s I got in the car and turned on the local rock radio station and was pleasantly surprised to hear a Dead song.  Sadly, it was just ending.  The DJ came on and said someone had called in to complain about him playing the Grateful Dead.  His next words were, "All I can say to that is:  'Here's some Grateful Dead'"  and proceeded to play another.  Made me smile.

Here's some Grateful Dead:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Reverse for me.   The cover does nothing for me.   That's not really too representative of the most of the Dead's stuff, though.

I remember once in Kansas City in the late '70s I got in the car and turned on the local rock radio station and was pleasantly surprised to hear a Dead song.  Sadly, it was just ending.  The DJ came on and said someone had called in to complain about him playing the Grateful Dead.  His next words were, "All I can say to that is:  'Here's some Grateful Dead'"  and proceeded to play another.  Made me smile.

Here's some Grateful Dead:

Same for me.  I don't think I've ever heard a Grateful Dead track before, but I quite like that.  That cover, not at all I'm afraid.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Moved onto this now. One for @chrisp65 and @dAVe80

Lee Perry - Open the Gate. Triple album compilation Box Set that cost £11.99 many years ago

D052F081-49C2-4ECC-B52D-D0563B2DEF55.jpeg

That looks grand!

Absolutely knackered and mentally drained today and I've got ticks for Mungo's HiFi Soundsystem later, so I think I'll try a bit of Mr Perry to see if I can get in the mood.

I think I've driven over a thousand miles this week, including a couple of 16 hour days. So right now, a gig that starts at 10 and goes deep in to the early hours feels a bit daunting.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That looks grand!

Absolutely knackered and mentally drained today and I've got ticks for Mungo's HiFi Soundsystem later, so I think I'll try a bit of Mr Perry to see if I can get in the mood.

I think I've driven over a thousand miles this week, including a couple of 16 hour days. So right now, a gig that starts at 10 and goes deep in to the early hours feels a bit daunting.

Yeah I'd feel like jibbing a gig if I felt like that

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That looks grand!

Smoke a banana skin, give praise to mighty Jah, and you'll be feeling irie in no time.

DbSzKDXWAAIvF7Q.jpg

DbSzpMiWAAAQnTb.jpg

hopefully all those independent shops get a bit of attention today, more people realise they exist and they get enough cash through the tills today to still be trading in a few months time when its back down to the usual nerds and saddos

best of luck to all of them

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

DbSzKDXWAAIvF7Q.jpg

DbSzpMiWAAAQnTb.jpg

hopefully all those independent shops get a bit of attention today, more people realise they exist and they get enough cash through the tills today to still be trading in a few months time when its back down to the usual nerds and saddos

best of luck to all of them

I was out in Shrewsbury at 7am, about 50 people (i was in the 20's) in a queue for one of the 3 shops there. Unfortunately they only seemed to have 1 - 2 or none of most of the titles and after they had served the first 10 people who got to pick whatever they wanted from the already limited stock it was slim pickings by 8.30. Nipped over to another store after leaving to find another queue of 30 or so people being allowed in on a 1 in one out basis. By the time i left at 10.00 i had managed a small haul but only about 1/3 of what i actually wanted but also found a telescopes lp that i didn't even know was due out so that was a bonus. Guess i'll just buy the rest on ebay for double/treble the price.

This is all i managed to find

HRWo874.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I was out in Shrewsbury at 7am, about 50 people (i was in the 20's) in a queue for one of the 3 shops there. Unfortunately they only seemed to have 1 - 2 or none of most of the titles and after they had served the first 10 people who got to pick whatever they wanted from the already limited stock it was slim pickings by 8.30. Nipped over to another store after leaving to find another queue of 30 or so people being allowed in on a 1 in one out basis. By the time i left at 10.00 i had managed a small haul but only about 1/3 of what i actually wanted but also found a telescopes lp that i didn't even know was due out so that was a bonus. Guess i'll just buy the rest on ebay for double/treble the price.

See, this wasn't true for the disc I wanted last year. I got it for £5 cheaper a few days later, and now there are still plenty knocking about on eBay £15 cheaper!

Â