What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, well, it was posted on youtube in 2010 and already 17 people have liked it, so it shows what you know.

Indeed, I thought dub was when you taped something, or stuff you put on your boots.

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Indeed, I thought dub was when you taped something

well, yeah, that's what it is, it's taking an existing track and playing with the desk and tape machine stripping stuff off and adding things on

take a reggae classic and dub it your own way using quite a restricted palette of tricks limited by convention, technology and budget 

it's why, once you get your ear tuned in to it, some dub tracks can sound somewhat similar to others :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 30/03/2018 at 23:30, rjw63 said:

I feel sorry for your neighbours

I wish my Neighbours had such taste tbh. The Wazzock next door plays f***ing Smooth Fm religiously out of his shed. The inclement weather can continue for as many days as possible as Shed season hasn't started yet

Probably one of the first Albums I ever bought. Haven't played it for years and it plays very well for a 39-year-old album that's been lugged absolutely everywhere with me. Not just house moves aplenty but from club to club to club too

7E051428-31C3-473F-954E-2F689CAE3A94.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I wish my Neighbours had such taste tbh. The Wazzock next door plays f***ing Smooth Fm religiously out of his shed. The inclement weather can continue for as many days as possible as Shed season hasn't started yet

Ugh, painful

I think this is my favourite album of the year so far. I think I’ve also posted it before 

Ty Segall & the Freedom Band - Freedom's Goblin.

Undoubtedly Ty but the influences are all over the place, It’s insane what he's crammed into this. Possibly the best thing he’s ever done

6A09ED85-7238-472F-9C1A-64AF984B9578.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Ty Segall & the Freedom Band - Freedom's Goblin.

Undoubtedly Ty but the influences are all over the place

I heard a (very) Hawkwind influenced track, and really liked it, but the rest of his stuff (that I've heard) I don't like at all. Still, that's why music's great.

• Like 1

Â