What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's a funny kind of taste, I'll give you that :)

We'll have to have a meet up and see what records we have in common.

I've got Mars by Holst which I'd have thought you like, what with it being the first heavy metal piece and all that.

Do you have an extensive dub section?

R-454592-1291180081.jpeg.jpg

California by Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle were one of the most extreme bands signed to a major label (Warner Bros.) until their break up in 2004. 'California' is the bands final and most tame release, but it's still pretty out there as far as mainstream records go. This record tackles genres such as Surf Rock, Folk, Lounge, Jazz and Thrash Metal during its 44 minute run time, it's quite a refreshing and unique album to spin to say the least. 

Also if anyone wants one hell of a musical ride they should seek out Mr. Bungle's debut record self-titled 'Mr. Bungle', it's a record that drives head on into Ska, Jazz Fusion, Funk, Carnival Music, Heavy Metal and Death Metal often within the confines of a single song. I love these guys even though they won't be to the taste of most, they are unique if nothing else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We'll have to have a meet up and see what records we have in common.

I've got Mars by Holst which I'd have thought you like, what with it being the first heavy metal piece and all that.

Do you have an extensive dub section?

No dub I'm afraid. Give me your address and I shall start hiking asap. If you provide the tea and cakes and I'll provide the road kill. I'll take you back to your childhood with a bit of Budgie and Rainbow.

55 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No dub I'm afraid. Give me your address and I shall start hiking asap. If you provide the tea and cakes and I'll provide the road kill. I'll take you back to your childhood with a bit of Budgie and Rainbow.

That was clearly a time where the child protection unit was rushed off its feet 

58 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Come on then @Seat68 I need to know...were you really confused by my Wednesday evening listening selection, or were you still getting to grips with the new fangled likes and dislikes button?

the latter, definitely.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2017 at 20:02, Rugeley Villa said:

Really liked that.

You should check out

"Sunflower" (1970)

"Surfs Up" (1971)

"Carl & The Passions - So Tough" (1972)

"Holland" (1973)

Easily my favourite Beach Boys period, and criminally overlooked.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You should check out

"Sunflower" (1970)

"Surfs Up" (1971)

"Holland" (1973)

Seconded. It could be argued that Pet Sounds was merely a transitional album between their early surf/cars pop music and this era - progressive BBs, for want of a better term. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

You should check out

"Sunflower" (1970)

"Surfs Up" (1971)

"Holland" (1973)

Definitely this, as periods go many bands would struggle to match this period. No doubt Pets and Smiley Smile get the plaudits but wow thats a quality stretch.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Although tbf, while those albums have their high spots, they are all a bit patchy. .

I don't think it's that controversial to say 'Forever Changes' batters any BB album out the park, but you should be getting a pretty glorious comp out of the BB's back cat, for sure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xann said:

I don't think it's that controversial to say 'Forever Changes' batters any BB album out the park, but you should be getting a pretty glorious comp out of the BB's back cat, for sure.

Nah, I've got that album and I've really tried to see what everyone goes on about, it doesn't do much for me.

• Like 1

Â