What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Yeah and a few of his songs were on the soundtrack, that's how I found him. His music is great for chilling out and I like to listen to it when I'm studying.

Yep, that's how I got into The Perturbator too. That soundtrack is fantastic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep, that's how I got into The Perturbator too. That soundtrack is fantastic.

Carpenter Brut is the best of the lot in my opinion, his music is insane. Got two of his t-shirts :lol:

On 20 March 2016 at 08:18, Stevo985 said:

It's grown on me a LOT!

As do most albums to be fair, as mentioned above.

Miles away from his best, but a good listen. Worst bit are the tracks that aren't songs. Boring as shit. I miss the skits of College Dropout etc

Bringing this back for Chance the Rapper's new album. 

Hadn't really heard of him until the verse on Ultralightbeam, my lad had mentioned him a couple of times, but took no notice until then. 

Listened to his new album 'colouring book' a few times today. Properly good, well worth your time. Kanye's influence is all over it, it's college dropout/late registration-esque in parts, but not in a try hard, rip off, kind of way. He mixes his flow up really well and it's a real soulful summer record. 

• Like 1

Consider it bought. I love his part on Ultralight beam but never got round to finding out who it was. It sounded strangely familiar so I was constantly racking my brains to figure out who it was.

FMacRumours.PNG

I went proper record shopping in Keswick last weekend (by proper I mean after an hour I got offered a chair...) bought tusk, been listening to FM all week

Rumours is a stunning album, with a bit of context it's absolutely incredible

Landslide is still the one for me, I'll b honest and say I first heard it on southpark, that's a heartbreaker

I set out to buy 'Your Future Our Clutter' by The Fall. It was out of stock, but Ash the shop owner was keen to tell me she had seen them live last night.

It would appear the keyboard player was sacked somewhere between putting up the keyboard stand and plugging in the keyboard. Same old same old Mark.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I went proper record shopping in Keswick last weekend (by proper I mean after an hour I got offered a chair...) bought tusk, been listening to FM all week

Rumours is a stunning album, with a bit of context it's absolutely incredible

Landslide is still the one for me, I'll b honest and say I first heard it on southpark, that's a heartbreaker

brilliant band.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I feel like I've only scratched the surface of them

It's all good stuff, though you can probably skip anything post-Tango in the Night. I saw them live in London in 2013, they were fantastic and Christine McVie came back to the band for the first time in years.

The early stuff is ok but imo the band didn't come into its own until Buckingham and Nicks joined.

• Like 1

This:

1000004013307705.jpg

Original album on CD plus Silver Springs; one CD of live stuff, two cds of unreleased studio stuff, one DVD documentary, the album on vinyl, and a booklet. managed to grab two of these for under £20 each (one is a prezzie for the stepdaughter, hope she doesn't read this site)

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Where from mate? I might be purchasing one of them later today

Last two from an Ebay seller...normal price is about £25. Still worth it

On 13 May 2016 at 21:09, chrisp65 said:

I set out to buy 'Your Future Our Clutter' by The Fall. It was out of stock, but Ash the shop owner was keen to tell me she had seen them live last night.

It would appear the keyboard player was sacked somewhere between putting up the keyboard stand and plugging in the keyboard. Same old same old Mark.

The keyboard player is his wife, Elena - normally at least. So seems odd. Also it's ages since the line up changed. YFOC is OK, but not one of the best fall albums.

Â