What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

orui68.jpg

The Third Power - 'Believe'

A Hard Psych power trio capable of knocking out a decent melody.

From the same Michigan scene as the Stooges and MC5 - sonically there's a little bit of Cream in there too.

Two-Door-Cinema-Club-Beacon.jpg

disappointing IMO, i didnt mind the poppyness of the 1st album but this one is all a bit samey, sun stands out but thats about it

alt-j.jpeg

Alt-J - brilliant album, cant believe it took me so long to hear about them, hard to describe really, almost like fleet foxes and foals love child

Any one else got Bob Dylans new album yet? its called Tempest

just giving it its first listen now, **** good man got a bit more life to it than his recent efforts....although I'm sure the old bastard unleashes one or two genuine death rattles during the album but just fights them off

Any one else got Bob Dylans new album yet? its called Tempest

just giving it its first listen now, **** good man got a bit more life to it than his recent efforts....although I'm sure the old bastard unleashes one or two genuine death rattles during the album but just fights them off

Hmmm. I am always suspicious of recent Dylan albums. Will probably end up getting a cheap copy secondhand as usual.

Yeah I know what you mean, even though I dont think they are bad albums I struggle to listen to them in one sitting, too many of the songs you have to write off due to the fact that he is 70+ and is bound to churn out a bit of rubbish

this album I would say on first listen is a lot better than his other recent stuff, saying that though once I have listened to it a few times no doubt there will be songs that I skip and never listen to again

I think Dylan's biggest problem is lack of editorial control - the songs are simply too long, on average. Back when he was writing stuff like Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands, It's All Right Ma, Desolation Row, etc. the quality of the writing justified the long songs.

But now he write fairly basic, enjoyable folk/blues numbers, usually in 12-bar form - and they would be fine if they were kept as three minute jobs. But he can't seem to stop writing more verses, and they end up 6 to 7 minutes long (or worse), and really start to drag.

Â