What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

What do you think of the Hawley album, Mike?

I think there's two tracks that i'm not keen on. But I have a feeling it may be a bit "heavy/boring" for you?

(I could be massively wrong though!)

You're massively wrong. I love the heavier tracks, it's the couple that veer closest to the old Radio 2-friendly Hawley that I find a bit 'meh'.

But the new style is great - very psychedelic, and reminiscent of The Doors.

I think there's two tracks that i'm not keen on. But I have a feeling it may be a bit "heavy/boring" for you?

You're massively wrong. I love the heavier tracks, it's the couple that veer closest to the old Radio 2-friendly Hawley that I find a bit 'meh'.

Ah excellent! :thumb:

Think it's fair to say I have no idea what music you like then. :lol::lol:

It's easier to say what I DON'T like - which is mostly the 'new developments' in pop music since the mid-70s.

Before that, I like lots of things - pop, rock, soul, blues, jazz, reggae, country, folk, classical, etc., etc.

It's easier to say what I DON'T like - which is mostly the 'new developments' in pop music since the mid-70s.

Before that, I like lots of things - pop, rock, soul, blues, jazz, reggae, country, folk, classical, etc., etc.

Not a fan of gangster hip-hop then? :D

Dug out my copy of 'No Control' by Bad Religion. THE best punk album ever made in my humble opinion. Triffic.

220px-BadReligionNoControl.jpg

:notworthy:

Love Bad Religion. The thinking mans Punk Band imo.

No Control is great but Stranger than Fiction is for me their best work.

two on the go, having arrived in the post yesterday:

Dexys album is really rather grand and I'm now properly chuffed I've got a gig of theirs lined up for later in the year.

Mary Epworth, 'Dreamlife' is.......ok. First two tracks are just epic, truly great. Then 9 tracks of filler unfortunately.

I knew you'd be first to comment!

Any of his other albums as good as this?

Yes. Although they do tend to be 'slow burn growers'.

You should really get "HQ" next, which features the fine "When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease".

Â