What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

a work of genius, not least the non story side

I've got an ancient copy on really thick vinyl with a fold out circular sleeve, just unwrapping the thing is a joy.

Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

a work of genius, not least the non story side

I've got an ancient copy on really thick vinyl with a fold out circular sleeve, just unwrapping the thing is a joy.

Agreed. Cracking album. Afterglow of Your Love (yes I know that's the name of the single release) is probably my favourite Small Faces song.

bx8ao.jpg

The Millennium - 'Begin'

If you like Love's 'Forever Changes' and the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds' you could check this out. It looks the more famous two titles right in eyes.

Brian Wilson, who was having a pan-Atlantic ding dong with the Beatles, (not a row, but upping the technical/musical stakes on consecutive albums) had a bit of a funny turn when he heard the Millennium.

This is how it kicks off...

The team that made the album were pretty much a studio outfit. Curt Boettcher, the main man, wasn't interested in attempting to take their highly polished sound to the stage. The album flopped and was unavailable in the States for years. My copy came from Japan, where it's (rightly) regarded as a classic, right up there with the great albums of the time.

The backwards reverb stuff on

must have taken an age.

Seconded, Dave. "Begin" is available as part of a superb 3-CD set called "Magic Time", rounding up all their stuff under various names (e.g. The Ballroom). Classic west coast sunshine pop - Love and BBs as suggested, also a bit of Mamas & Papas in there.

And if you like THAT, check out Curt Boettcher's "There's an Innocent Face", and the two Sagittarius albums "Present Tense" and "The Blue Marble".

Send More Paramedics - A Feast for the Fallen

Send-More-Paramedics-A-Feast-for-the-Fallen.jpg

Gotta love that zombiecore :)

haha **** yes. Did you ever have the pleasure of seeing them? Wonderful fun. Saw them on Halloween once, the crowd was a pretty bizarre sight, but it fit so well. Stage diving midget \m/>__<\m/

CD2 'funky bollywood' filmscore music from the 70's

Ah yes, it's good for the dosh. Asha Bhosle's 'Dum Maro Dum' is almost a dead cert for Bollywood's most famous funky track.

CD1 has 'Chura Liya' which is one of my favorites, Bhosle again.

Jonny Trunk does a good Bolly Funk album.

208cp40.jpg

It's got a slightly more 'Out There' feel to it.

tumblr_m8qa4aXvM91row8xm.jpg

bit all over the shop in terms of style, the "go back to guitars" criticism from the last album has almost gone too far, will probably take a few listens (like the last one)

Plan_B_-_Ill_Manors_album.jpg

its not like the last one thats for sure, still very narrative, reminds me of jamie t, introduces characters and stories and then throws a chorus in, pretty good

11025098084_3-W388.jpg

its brilliant, just under 80 songs i think, 4 discs

Â