• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think of the compensation we would have to pay Everton if Moyes came here. For that reason alone Moyes is a no go for me.

The names left on that list depresses me so i haven't voted for any of them. Lotti still my number one until he actually states on TV somewhere that he is not interested.

The more i look at this it could end up being a real shock for everyone who takes over.

Laursen maybe?

I have to keep believing that Ancelotti is an option. I can't face the prospect of accepting that McLaren is one of the favourites.

Its akin to expecting a PS3 for Christmas and ending up with a Sinclair Spectrum 48K.

Well the only thing that has ruled out Ancelotti so far is a small Italian newspaper article which was using quotes from a few weeks ago. Nowhere has there been an official statement from him and of course he did accept a reduced payoff from Chelsea to remove that clause that said he couldn't work for 12 months, making it strange for him to then say he won't work for 12 months anyway. It's not that unrealistic to think it might still be on.

Now why did u go and say all that for lol

It makes sense and now I'm so excited I can't sleep lol

Sorry those are recent quotes. - Try and find them if you don't believe me.

I can't beleive it will be Mclaren. But if it were what could Randy possibly be thinking......."oh blimey we need a new bloke at villa, who's up for It, and won't give me or faulkner much grief ?" IMO of course.

Rijkaard has done nothing to even be considered for the job of our ladies team, let alone being the main man of our great club. Rijkaard was a great player of this I have no doubt, however this doesn't make him a good manager. Far too often in todays games former greats get jobs at big clubs on name alone. Moyes was my first vote aswell as my second and will be my third as well as my fouth.........

Rijkaard won the Champions League as manager and was voted UEFA Manager of the Year - not too shabby!

To be fair your right.....however my next doors neighbours cat could have managed the best team in the world to the CL... For the record SHA won the Carling Cup this year....

A source close to Friedel said: “Brad’s mind was made up for him when Villa were left managerless. He would have stayed – even if Gerard Houllier had been in charge.

“He wanted to talk to the man who would be taking the team but Villa are two to three weeks from an appointment and the Spurs chance could have been gone.”

A "source close to Friedel". Friedel got two years at Spurs which we were not offering. More journo BS.

Rijkaard has done nothing to even be considered for the job of our ladies team, let alone being the main man of our great club. Rijkaard was a great player of this I have no doubt, however this doesn't make him a good manager. Far too often in todays games former greats get jobs at big clubs on name alone. Moyes was my first vote aswell as my second and will be my third as well as my fouth.........

Rijkaard won the Champions League as manager and was voted UEFA Manager of the Year - not too shabby!

To be fair your right.....however my next doors neighbours cat could have managed the best team in the world to the CL... For the record SHA won the Carling Cup this year....

You do realise Barca hadnt won hardly anything in 6-7 years prior to Rijkaard joining?

He was the one that started it all off.. They are where they are today because of Rijkaard.. :P

Moyes wont come. One cause of the pay off, and two, because he has limited pressure from the board at Everton. They know they cant take the team any further with no big investment and so dont pressurise Moyes into winning big trophies,

As I have said before, Moyes is happy with managing Everton, and i think he seriously lacks ambition if he don't wanna start winning more and being successful.

This is why I will never vote for him.

You do realise Barca hadnt won hardly anything in 6-7 years prior to Rijkaard joining?

He was the one that started it all off.. They are where they are today because of Rijkaard.. :P

Thanks for backing me up. WHY, your neighbour's cat sounds incredibly gifted, if this cat is as good as Rijkaard then I'd be happy for Villa Park to be fitted with a golden catflap and a bowl of milk in the dugout. Seriously Rijkaard is noted amongst Barca fans for turning them into the club they are now, promoting the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. I accept he's a risk but one I would take (given that I have an emotional and not that significant financial investment in the club).

I have to keep believing that Ancelotti is an option. I can't face the prospect of accepting that McLaren is one of the favourites.

Its akin to expecting a PS3 for Christmas and ending up with a Sinclair Spectrum 48K.

What are you talking about? 48k was class...how can you be disappointed with a retro console worth...um...maybe £50 in good condition now (not boxed of course)...Horace goes Skiing, Outrun, Jet Set Willy, JetPak...

What you mean is, considering the scenario of wanting Carlo and getting Wally:

It's akin to expecting a PS3 for Christmas and ending up with a ferret being shoved up your arse.

As I have said before, Moyes is happy with managing Everton, and i think he seriously lacks ambition if he don't wanna start winning more and being successful.

Or he could be that rare thing in football today: someone, other than a fan, who has a degree of loyalty to the club.