• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I refuse to vote in this one, my expectations have been set as Ancelotti and until someone else is appointed I'm going to continue to hope he somehoe gets the job :P

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to Moyes, way too much Everton baggage

My Choices

1) Van Gaal

2) Rijkaard

3) Ancellotti

As a club we need a makeover and our profile raised massively

Is there a reason why we haven't been linked to Quique Sanchez Flores and Louis van Gaal. Are the board that limited in vision?

I'm not sure whether you are joking or not but we have been liked with Sanchez Flores..

Indeed. I couldn't care less who we were linked with. It's who we actually get that matters.

That's funny cos you seemed to be over excited when we were being strongly linked with Ancelotti.

Err yes but I didn't come out and say things like "the board have great vision" because it hadn't actually happened. You seem to be judging the board based on who we're linked with, which isn't really fair at all.

Im thinking its nailed on to be one of Moyes or Rijkaard.. :clap:

Im sure I read somewhere that Benitez was ruled out(on Ian Robs site I think).

When you think about it Rijkaad ticks all the boxes for the job, other than no Premierleague experiance.

The board were adament that developing the youth would play a huge part in making the decission on the last appointment.. Rijkaard has proven he is excellent at doing such.And the board may bring him in for talks as he is not tied down.

Where-as Moyes has bought a few youth through and has the Prem experiance. But he isnt available.

No to Moyes, way too much Everton baggage

My Choices

1) Van Gaal

2) Rijkaard

3) Ancellotti

As a club we need a makeover and our profile raised massively

baggage?? If he slipped Baines and Jagielka into his luggage i bet you wouldn't say no

Call em crazy, but I wouldn't mind Benitez.

Moyes is probably the safest option, and of that list, Rijkaard is probably the most ambitious.

But I can't shake the feeling that the guy most likely to bring us some sort of success would be Benitez.

go on then, own up, who voted for McLaren for a laugh ?

Were you on yesterday? the chap who looked like he had all the Balti pies and everyone called him a bluenose. If you were here last night you'd know who i mean.

Is there a reason why we haven't been linked to Quique Sanchez Flores and Louis van Gaal. Are the board that limited in vision?

I'm not sure whether you are joking or not but we have been liked with Sanchez Flores..

Where? It can't be that strong seeing as he's 200/1 on betfair.

http://tinyurl.com/6hclnbx

Also Guillem Balague twitter :

Quique Sánchez Flores doesnt know anything about Aston Villa. But I have the impression he would like to join a Premier League team soon

Not the strongest of sources I agree.. but it's still out there.

Interestingly though, Talksport writes "according to AS", but when I looked at the article in AS it said (well, google translate says it said) "according to Talksport". Best part is Balague writes for both!

Edit: added link here

When you think about it Rijkaad ticks all the boxes for the job, other than no Premierleague experiance.

The board were adament that developing the youth would play a huge part in making the decission on the last appointment.. Rijkaard has proven he is excellent at doing such.And the board may bring him in for talks as he is not tied down.

Where-as Moyes has bought a few youth through and has the Prem experiance. But he isnt available.

How exactly is it 'nailed on' !?

at least you've moved on from Deschamps!

go on then, own up, who voted for McLaren for a laugh ?

Were you on yesterday? the chap who looked like he had all the Balti pies and everyone called him a bluenose. If you were here last night you'd know who i mean.

nah, was only allowed onto this forum today, lol

How exactly is it 'nailed on' !?

at least you've moved on from Deschamps!

Thank God