• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I personally can't see Moyes doing anything spectacular, he's been at Everton for almost 10 years, flirted with champs league only to beaten by a strong Villareal side, been close to relegation a couple of times, he's lucky he has a good chairman in Bill Kenwright or he'd have been sacked during those bad seasons, so all in all for someone who's been at a club for that amount of time and been able to put is stamp on the club you'd expect a minimum top 7 finish every year, they are as good he's going to get them with his capabilities, he's found his level, similar to Sam Allardyce, people say that he's never had money to spend, not sure off the top of my head but i bet the Everton spend isn't a million miles away from what our average spend is (Bent aside)

For me we really need to do something different and the right foreign manager who is able to attract the right players is what's needed, ideal world it would be Ancelotti, but please lets all hope our chairman is not fooled by McClaren and his half arsed league win in the Netherlands, please look at his Boro, England and Wolfsburg records

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What someone does at barca is essentially irrelevant to what they could at villa. The resources and structure whether it be finance or talent are completely different.

We need someone who fits us,what we are about and can achieve.

What someone does at barca is essentially irrelevant to what they could at villa. The resources and structure whether it be finance or talent are completely different.

Wouldn't be Steve McClaren by any chance would it

PremRumours Premiership Rumours

by VitalVilla

MANAGERIAL RUMOURS: Expect interesting things at Villa Park - The person for the job isn't someone you'd expect. #AVFC

Just posted on Twitter.

Seems to think Nolan is coming to us from Newcastle too... can't see us signing anyone without a manager though unless it's a part ex deal like Milner and Ireland, but I'd have thought they'd have learned from that one.

Also can't see Nolan wanting to leave or Newcastle wanting to sell.

Hughes and Moyes are very similar, both time served managers with a proven record of getting a lot out of little by playing boring but effective football. Hughes' Man C record is a bit of an aberration, Man C is an aberration. Both are good man managers.

Martinez has possibly the hardest job in English football, he's doing just enough there, but importantly playing a bit of football. Again he is time served at the lower levels excelling and playing the right way IMO.

Benitez's record at Liverpool was unremarkable. He never really showed that he could get a team together which would have the consistency to win the league. Unlike the other managers already mentioned, Benitez didn't excel in his premiership job.

Coyle has proven to be decent but plays root one.

This job is too soon for Poyet, but one to keep an eye on.

Don't rate mcClaren, despite doing well with Twente he needs to prove himself back home. Couldn't hack the England job and ended up looking a bit of a pathetic figure of ridicule. I think his character is too weak.

Quote:

PremRumours Premiership Rumours

by VitalVilla

MANAGERIAL RUMOURS: Expect interesting things at Villa Park - The person for the job isn't someone you'd expect. #AVFC

Stuff like this drives me nuts. They are a rumour site apparently, but don't name the bloke they reckon is getting the job. What a pile of horseshit!!

I feel the Ancellotti quotes show what is wrong with the modern football journo. I wonder if any of the papers printing and websites quoting

"I am in no hurry to coach and I don't need to".

"I have not been contacted by any club in England and I have not spoken to Roma. It is all fantasy."

"I have enjoyed this experience (of coaching in England). I will return to London to organise my life."

Have bothered to check the context of what was being said or the question he was responding to. I'd imagine the newspaper in question Italian newspaper La Stampa were more interested in the chances of him joining Roma than little old villa seen as he was only really coming to villa in our little internet gossip transfer window world.

He mentions "I have always said and I reiterate it that one day I will coach Roma, but it's still early" for all we know he could have been playing a straight bat to a question asking if he was going to go to Roma.

Now I’m guilty of not showing the part about the year off studying the game but that’s just my point. You can do what you want with the quotes we don’t know the other answers were to the other questions as id imagine they haven’t pounced on him as he’s popped to the local negozio sotto casa* in his pantofola** and they managed to get him to answer more than a single question. We don’t even know when these quotes were taken.

The glimmer of hope is that from the horses’ mouth he hasn’t been contacted when he said "I have not been contacted by any club in England"

I think Randy will follow up the swell the fans generated behind such an appointment. He may feel different when actually offered an opportunity.

Mat Kendrick today in the mail went with

Ancelotti was high up Randy Lerner’s wish-list of candidates to replace Houllier who was forced to stand down because of medical concerns last Wednesday.

Despite Ancelotti’s claims that he personally has received no contact from any clubs, the Birmingham Mail knows for a fact that Villa did approach his advisors

What if the quotes were from over the weekend and only printed on Monday?

Mat Kendrick has gone very quiet he knows we are trying he has said so himself what if he has just used the quotes to fill a back page. There are many more built on a lot less. Quotes are a thing of the past for most football jurnos now anyway but once some come out like Ancelloti's did everyone gets hold of them. Football365.com were the first to publish the quotes attributing them to and the exact same passage has been reproduced worldwide. It’s nowhere to be seen on la stampa's website now.

So what if :-

We get Carle Ancelotti :hooray:

We get MON :suspect:

We blind panic and rush Randy into another short term appointment :bonk: :rant: :eek: :bang::puke: :confused: :bonk:

lets breathe and relax and not hang ourselves because a newspaper in Italy have spoken to Carlo Ancellotti their reporter is hardly going to say " do you know #carlo2villa is trending right now on twitter?" is he?***

Lets Randy make the correct choice we have a better field of manager to choose from than we have in a long time so let’s not rush Randy into the brolly using squirrel tail fringe wearing wet lettuce that is McLaren. Just hope RL pulls it out of the bag for us.

VTID IRIT

*corner shop

**slippers

*** anyone bothered about punctuation I spent long enough looking at the two question marks here I dread to think how wild you will go for my use of ""

"Sorry"

:wave:

Wouldn't be Steve McClaren by any chance would it

Steve or moyes.

Either of these men would "get" the villa job. Something nobody since brian little and graham Taylor have done.

In my opinion,taking nothing away from them the likes of ancelotti and , they wouldn't have a clue what the club is about.

Well the only thing that has ruled out Ancelotti so far is a small Italian newspaper article which was using quotes from a few weeks ago. Nowhere has there been an official statement from him and of course he did accept a reduced payoff from Chelsea to remove that clause that said he couldn't work for 12 months, making it strange for him to then say he won't work for 12 months anyway. It's not that unrealistic to think it might still be on.

Agreed.

I've got a feeling that RL had put the feelers out and this is CA's way of saying "tempt me..."

Im thinking its nailed on to be one of Moyes or Rijkaard.. :clap:

I'd be happy with either, not least because I have a few quid on both and I'd be quids in if either were appointed.

However, knowing my form with betting it will be neither and we'll see Benitez or the ginger clown turn up. Neither should be our manager, the only time they should be at VP is if one or both of them gets garroted in the centre circle at half-time for public entertainment.

Hughes and Moyes are very similar, both time served managers with a proven record of getting a lot out of little by playing boring but effective football. Hughes' Man C record is a bit of an aberration, Man C is an aberration. Both are good man managers.

You can say a few things about Hughes at Man City but "boring" it never was .

Fulham haven't been playing boring football either.

And regarding Martinez Wigan were 11th before he took over - hes doing an OK job at Wigan -nothing else - he is a weak shout for ourselves.

The Guardian, like the Daily Mail has us selecting a different Manager each day of the week. Shameless crap. That's why I never buy newspapers. I'd much rather get my info off the ITK's on this thread!! lol smiley face winky thingy wotsit.

Moyes won't come......too loyal and too 'safe'.

It'll be the FSW, I suspect, so he gets the vote. I like the idea of Rijkaard personally, but I think we need someone with considerable knowledge and experience of the Prem, so common sense should prevail.

Just a pity CA looks like it is'nt/was'nt on the cards though. It would have been a hell of a ride.

As soon as I heard Houllier was gone I wanted David Moyes. I hope Randy has the wit to go and try to bring him to Villa Park.

Good in the transfer market and a great motivator and organiser!

NO TO McCLOWN!