• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Can't vote for anyone else until Carlo rings me up personally and says, "Villanesque, give it up! I'm not coming to Villa!" or until the club officially hires some one not named Carlo Ancelotti or until Carlo Ancelotti is seen at a press conference being introduced as the new manager of some other football club not named Aston Villa!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way rafa and mon were arguing.. surely randy is not a fan of rafa...

Moyes will cost more than ancelotti would when you include compo n his wages..

Jol is gone.

So whos left.. hughes we denied. Ancelotti taking a year off.

Cant be frankie r as we want Premier League experience.

Mclaren is the only one left? This cant be good.

I have to keep believing that Ancelotti is an option. I can't face the prospect of accepting that McLaren is one of the favourites.

Its akin to expecting a PS3 for Christmas and ending up with a Sinclair Spectrum 48K.

What are you talking about? 48k was class...how can you be disappointed with a retro console worth...um...maybe £50 in good condition now (not boxed of course)...Horace goes Skiing, Outrun, Jet Set Willy, JetPak...

What you mean is, considering the scenario of wanting Carlo and getting Wally:

It's akin to expecting a PS3 for Christmas and ending up with a ferret being shoved up your arse.

I have never had a ferret shoved up my arse but I did have a Spectrum 48K. However, your description of disappointment seems closer to how I would feel.

Can't vote for anyone else until Carlo rings me up personally and says, "Villanesque, give it up! I'm not coming to Villa!" or until the club officially hires some one not named Carlo Ancelotti or until Carlo Ancelotti is seen at a press conference being introduced as the new manager of some other football club not named Aston Villa!

Even then I would cling to hope.

I think moyes would have ruled himself out if be wasn't Interested. At the same time if we had contacted them something would have leaked.

He has ! granted not since Houllier resigned - but a couple of week before he said something like:-

"Anyway I am not interested so that's the end of it"

Rijkaard has done nothing to even be considered for the job of our ladies team, let alone being the main man of our great club. Rijkaard was a great player of this I have no doubt, however this doesn't make him a good manager. Far too often in todays games former greats get jobs at big clubs on name alone. Moyes was my first vote aswell as my second and will be my third as well as my fouth.........

Rijkaard won the Champions League as manager and was voted UEFA Manager of the Year - not too shabby!

To be fair your right.....however my next doors neighbours cat could have managed the best team in the world to the CL... For the record SHA won the Carling Cup this year....

You do realise Barca hadnt won hardly anything in 6-7 years prior to Rijkaard joining?

He was the one that started it all off.. They are where they are today because of Rijkaard.. :P

Thanks for backing me up. WHY, your neighbour's cat sounds incredibly gifted, if this cat is as good as Rijkaard then I'd be happy for Villa Park to be fitted with a golden catflap and a bowl of milk in the dugout. Seriously Rijkaard is noted amongst Barca fans for turning them into the club they are now, promoting the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. I accept he's a risk but one I would take (given that I have an emotional and not that significant financial investment in the club).

When he went to Galatasary they were on the slide, yet he still improved them..Yet he had very little funds on not many youngsters had been blooded in.

At Villa he will have something to work with, he may have some funds as well as some decent young players to develope(very similar to when he took over at Barca). Iniesta and Xavi were brought into the set up and he played them alongside signings like Ronaldinho and Deco. His football was sublime and the birth of the Barca we see today.. I would love him to come into Villa and a couple of high profile players for the likes of Albrighton, Bannan and Delph to play alongside. His keep the ball skills and total football is awesome..

1st Ancelotti-Not gonna happen, probably was never really on to begin with

2nd Moyes-Very much doubt he'll leave Everton for us

3rd Benitez-Don't like him but can't argue with his CV, and as long as he's not still a mentalist like when at Inter and at the end of his plastic scouse days

4th Errrrr...

I don't personally want him but I've not noticed anyone say... Di Matteo?

He has premier league experience and is also out of work.. just a thought (again I don't personally want him)..

File under Zola, Poyet, Grayson. Not for me mate.

I still think it'll be Hughes.

Well in the absence of Ancelotti I have gone for Rijkaard on the basis he might prove to be an inspired appointment. Realistically I think it will be either Hughes or Benitez. Moyes is just too wedded to Everton which will be his undoing in the long run.

I think moyes would have ruled himself out if be wasn't Interested. At the same time if we had contacted them something would have leaked.

He has ! granted not since Houllier resigned - but a couple of week before he said something like:-

Moyes is good friends with houllier,he was never going to throw his hat in the ring whilst houllier was still in the job.

Until he rules himself out post houllier to me that says he's interested.

Moyes is good friends with houllier,he was never going to throw his hat in the ring whilst houllier was still in the job.

Until he rules himself out post houllier to me that says he's interested.

At last, you've said something posters can agree with!! :winkold:

Rijkaard has done nothing to even be considered for the job of our ladies team, let alone being the main man of our great club. Rijkaard was a great player of this I have no doubt, however this doesn't make him a good manager. Far too often in todays games former greats get jobs at big clubs on name alone. Moyes was my first vote aswell as my second and will be my third as well as my fouth.........

Rijkaard won the Champions League as manager and was voted UEFA Manager of the Year - not too shabby!

To be fair your right.....however my next doors neighbours cat could have managed the best team in the world to the CL... For the record SHA won the Carling Cup this year....

You do realise Barca hadnt won hardly anything in 6-7 years prior to Rijkaard joining?

He was the one that started it all off.. They are where they are today because of Rijkaard.. :P

Thanks for backing me up. WHY, your neighbour's cat sounds incredibly gifted, if this cat is as good as Rijkaard then I'd be happy for Villa Park to be fitted with a golden catflap and a bowl of milk in the dugout. Seriously Rijkaard is noted amongst Barca fans for turning them into the club they are now, promoting the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. I accept he's a risk but one I would take (given that I have an emotional and not that significant financial investment in the club).

When he went to Galatasary they were on the slide, yet he still improved them..Yet he had very little funds on not many youngsters had been blooded in.

At Villa he will have something to work with, he may have some funds as well as some decent young players to develope(very similar to when he took over at Barca). Iniesta and Xavi were brought into the set up and he played them alongside signings like Ronaldinho and Deco. His football was sublime and the birth of the Barca we see today.. I would love him to come into Villa and a couple of high profile players for the likes of Albrighton, Bannan and Delph to play alongside. His keep the ball skills and total football is awesome..

I think Barcelona's success = Joan Laporta and his team. I believe they bought the players not Rijkaard.

And I think at Villa he will have something to work with yes but it's quite different what he had at Barcelona. I don't want Rijkaard.

This thread and poll could look extremely stupid on Friday if and when Carlo Ancelotti is unveiled as the new Villa boss.

I (sort of) understand your reasons for starting a new poll but to be honest, leaving off the man who 48% of people voted for makes it seem a bit daft and pointless. Also, disappointed that you closed the other, longer thread instead of just telling Redman & Co to pipe down.

Just my opinion. Spolit ballot paper here.

Mate anyone who knows anything about football will know it was Johan Cruyff who took the Ajax system to Barca...Rijkaard reaped all the benefits....WHAT has he done since Barca?