• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Guys we all love our great club...I have followed us for the last 30 years and would't change a thing, we are in my eyes a top six club. I would love Carlo or Moyes to manage us but if that is not the case then so be it. I haved loved Aston Villa Football Club since I was able to shit on a pot. The only reason I wanted to read as a kid was because of the Villa. I will support our CLUB whoever the manager is.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti was high up Randy Lerner’s wish-list of candidates to replace Houllier who was forced to stand down because of medical concerns last Wednesday.

Despite Ancelotti’s claims that he personally has received no contact from any clubs, the Birmingham Mail knows for a fact that Villa did approach his advisors

Another way of looking at it is that we did approach him through his advisors and he rebuffed us. Out of courtesy he claims not to have been contacted by us (which is true if we only spoke informally to his advisors) thus not making our eventual manager look like a second placer.

Maybe MK is a bit quiet because the club aren't happy with him reporting that we've def had talks with his advisors.

That view seems more realistic (though I really hope we get Carlo!!!)

Well that’s how the media choose to look at everything especially for villa and its no surprise in turn the fans do.

They play to stereotypes in the media and villa fans are fickle and depressed to them, yet have some of the most dedicated, humorous and jovial fans in the country. Going away with the villa is unreal the away support is amongst the best in the league.

Ashley Young plans talks with the club becomes Ashley Young to tell club he’s leaving like we have no chance (now I'm not saying we have a chance of keeping him but other teams players never seem to receive the same pressures)

The media are down on villa Adrian Durham on talk sport is a jokepeice. He’s slagging off the fans needing to get a grip were not a big club ect.. As fans we have had a bad season followed by some of our better players wanting out but AD sticks the boot in. I think its disgusting and feel we are the easy target.

All the papers are saying is McLaren all TALKsh*te (talk sport radio show for you ex pats) are saying is McLaren. No Positivity, No chance, No hope, just a ginger dildo with a brolly cheers Media TW*TS.

I know it was probably posted before in the old thread but Here's the actual article with Ancelotti's quotes. Looks like questions were asked after Houllier was let go because the question mentions Fulham and Aston Villa specifically. So it had to be late in the week. It also mentions that Ancelotti was on his way back to London on Sunday. We know that the reaching out to Ancelotti had to be really late in the week like Friday/Saturday. Who knows if he knew of Villa's approach by Friday or Saturday? Bet he knows now! I'm keeping hope alive.

As someone else said Ancelotti's quotes are old from what I've found out, VillaAndLoyal I am clinging on to your every word in hope rather then expectation but I do think Carlo isn't out of it yet. It would be very typical of Villa to appoint him this summer after he was apparently ruled out.

Rather hope this then think about the other list of candidates anyway :)

If i was Randy whilst obviously taking past experience and success into consideration i would be focusing on how the new manager would want to move villa forward.

During the interviews instead of people like rafa coming in and saying i've won this, this and this i'd want a candidate to be saying 'this is my vision' etc

Therefore i'd lke to see someone like Hughes, Martinez or coyle come in. A manager looking to define himself rather than a manager trying to repeat past glorys.

The wage bill at villa is something like 70 odd % of turnover, completely unsustainable. Maybe this will have an effect on the type of manager randy is looking for or can afford.

I wouldn't expect any massive signings in the next 2-3 seasons unless it comes out of money we got from selling a player. Maybe we need to start being a bit more realistic.

Steves ideal,he will do it for the cost of a hair transplant.

As someone else said Ancelotti's quotes are old from what I've found out, VillaAndLoyal I am clinging on to your every word in hope rather then expectation but I do think Carlo isn't out of it yet. It would be very typical of Villa to appoint him this summer after he was apparently ruled out.

Why do people keep saying they're old?

They are clearly not. The interviewer specifically mentions the jobs at Villa and Fulham, which only became available Wednesday last week.

Maybe he might have guessed there would be a vacancy with us, but nobody knew anytning about a vacancy at Fulham until it happened.

I'm more convinced now that we're getting Carlo Ancelotti than I was on Sunday when all the rumours started up. I'm convinced of it - and not just because I'm wishful thinking either.

That smells a little like a light sprinkling of ITK perhaps?

The quotes don't seem to be weeks old but they could still be made prior to Ancelotti hearing from Villa.

They're not weeks old, they're from the last few days, but he quite clearly says he's taking a year off.

The journalist even says, "You're not going to be managing anywhere next season, can we write that?" and he says "yes".

It's time to let it go. He's not coming, he's made it as clear as he possibly can, in a direct interview a few days ago.

i said slavan bilic when MON left and stand by my choice. surprised i havent seen him mentioned. would be interesting to see him try and implement and eastern european work ethic to the squad

Living in caravans at BMH?

Setting up a hand car wash at the Belfry?

And walking through the traffic at Bassetts Pole washing windscreens??

:D

Not sure if you read my post on here last night:

I still 100% think it will be Ancelotti unveiled as new Villa manager. Today was the perfect way to snuff out what was pretty severe mounting expectation yesterday among the Villa fans. But it has been done in a way not to completely discredit the possibility and now gives the two parties breathing space to thrash out a deal.

Like someone said earlier, as in the case with Hughes, if Ancelotti really wanted to rule himself out of any jobs he would have issued a statement through his agent, like Hughes did. A few vague comments to an Italian rag mean nothing in my opinion.

Then there's the discrepency between what Carlo reportedly says about not hearing off any English club, and Mat Kendrick who is adamant Villa have been in contact.

Ancelotti says in those quotes that he needs a rest from the game, but one thing that will ALWAYS tempt a manager back into a job is if he knows he is wanted - and let me assure you, Ancelotti will be fully briefed on the fact that Villa fans have been positively buzzing about him for days, as will Lerner. Didn't he say the other week he really wants to stay and manage in England? And now he suddenly wants a year out to "watch" other managers? Pull the other one - don't believe that for a second. He is the only guy that would really unite this fanbase and send a message to the footballing world, and Lerner knows this, so if you think I'm going to believe a few vague quotes from a foreign tabloid you are mistaken.

Mark my words, I'm not ITK or anything of the sort, but we haven't heard the last of Ancelotti yet...

Apologies if you have. My position hasn't changed since writing this.

I'm more convinced now that we're getting Carlo Ancelotti than I was on Sunday when all the rumours started up. I'm convinced of it - and not just because I'm wishful thinking either.

That smells a little like a light sprinkling of ITK perhaps?

Afraid not mate. Just reading between the lines and ignoring all the bullshit printed in the media.