• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes and Moyes are very similar, both time served managers with a proven record of getting a lot out of little by playing boring but effective football. Hughes' Man C record is a bit of an aberration, Man C is an aberration. Both are good man managers.

You can say a few things about Hughes at Man City but "boring" it never was .

Fulham haven't been playing boring football either.

And regarding Martinez Wigan were 11th before he took over - hes doing an OK job at Wigan -nothing else - he is a weak shout for ourselves.

On Man C, yes, agree Hughes' football was decent.

Wigan were 11th one season, every one is about survival. Martinez is doing that.

As soon as I heard Houllier was gone I wanted David Moyes. I hope Randy has the wit to go and try to bring him to Villa Park.

Good in the transfer market and a great motivator and organiser!

NO TO McLaren!

I agree with this. I don't think that Everton have been as miserly as some people suggest. Baines 5m, Distan 4m, Howard 2m, Cahill 2m, Fellaini hairbear 15m, Jagielka 3m, Bilyaletdinov ? wasn't he quite expensive too? Yakubu, Johnson et al all costing decent money iirc.

Everton are very good at playing skint. Moyes is quality though and I'd really like him at Villa. I wonder if Villa want to go down the same line as they did when they searched and found Houllier, must have managed in the Prem etc?

Ancelotti was high up Randy Lerner’s wish-list of candidates to replace Houllier who was forced to stand down because of medical concerns last Wednesday.

Despite Ancelotti’s claims that he personally has received no contact from any clubs, the Birmingham Mail knows for a fact that Villa did approach his advisors

Another way of looking at it is that we did approach him through his advisors and he rebuffed us. Out of courtesty he claims not to have been contacted by us (which is true if we only spoke informally to his advisors) thus not making our eventual manager look like a second placer.

Maybe MK is a bit quiet because the club aren't happy with him reporting that we've def had talks with his advisors.

That view seems more realistic (though I really hope we get Carlo!!!)

i said slavan bilic when MON left and stand by my choice. surprised i havent seen him mentioned. would be interesting to see him try and implement and eastern european work ethic to the squad

lets take a punt on rijkaard, certainly better than mclaren and managed one of the biggest clubs in the world

I bet he couldn't win the Dutch league with fc twente and get middlesborough to the uefa cup final.

It's not hard to have rohnaldinio in his prime and be lucky enough to catch iniesta and xavi coming through and do well. It's a different set of circumstances at villa.

Respect your view but he isnt the right fit for villa In my opinion.

Voted for moyes but as a complete left field suggestion

what about Glen Hoddle.

Good with youth as he has set up his own youth academy and

is a decent manager. At least got to be better than McLaren

Wow ive actually seen Glen Hoddle radomly mentioned few times on here now - bizarrely - whats going on??

Hes been out of football for how many years now?

Didn't do anything way back at Spurs (with decent money for the time as well) .....and did pretty crap at Wolves if rmber.

Its a complete non starter . No.

So shall we take bets on how many pages this will reach before we have a new manager?

I'll go 124 pages...

It'll be on 124 by tomorow night or Thursday morning.

I'll go for July 3rd, Mark Hughes being unveiled as a surprise signing as "the Villa job was just too good to turn down. I even turned down job offers from Italy, Portugal, Lithuania and the Isle of Wight to come to Villa" type thing. In a way, I hope for a chin dropping, WOW type Manager. Hopefully Randy has set his sights a lot higher, although any appointment is a risk I guess.