• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Right after sleeping on it I think we just need to accept it and get behind him and see how it goes. The last thing we need after houllier is another shit season and if the fans are ready to snap the minute a ball is kicked it's not going to help.

There's no point in protesting, if Randy had the ability to attract someone better then he would but clearly for some reason the managers we'd like to see are just not interested in the job.

Randy's decision making for the last year or so has been terrible and clearly now shows that passion and good intention just isn't enough.

I'm not happy about it but i'll still be there next season.

I think big Johns account has been hacked!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We as fans can no longer slag a player off for wanting to leave us, i do not blame them. I can't see bent or downing wanted to stay for starters.

The reason i think were going for mcleish as well is probably because no one else wants the job which shows what we have become :(

When my mate whos a rangers season ticket holder says to me hes not going to be able to take you guys any further just says it all.

Re-reading General Krulaks comments just makes me dispair, the very line about "hes proven he can do it in the big league"...wtf has he ever achieved in the premier league? Apart from quite possibly some kind of record for lowest ever goals scored in a premier league + the lowest ever wins then what is it hes supposed to have acheived?

I wonder how their record compared to even Derbys the season they came up, this has to be setting new records...they were rubbish.

I'd like them to name some of these so called "footballing advisers" theys supposedly use as I think its all cock and bull and between the 3 of them (krulak/lerner and faulkner) they sit their and apoint people who are most smartly dressed judged by the colour coordination of the tie they have on. Not one of the people in charge are qualified in footballing matters, they cant be otherwise they wouldnt believe of all the candidates available that Alex McCleish is the best they can get!

Ahh, this is just not passing, I'm getting more wound up by the day about this appointment.

This is like a train wreck, I'm trying not to look but I keep finding myself looking!

When RL took over I really dreamed of better, at this point I'm not blaming the club for what is being reported as they can't stop the sensational newspaper headlines or the gobshites at talkshite.

However if we end up with McLeish then if he is the best that they can come up with (nothing to do with him being a nose manager) then it's back to aiming for mid-table mediocrity and the occasional cup run to look forward too.

At least Randy will be able to save some money though as there will be not point in expanding the ground as not only has football changed since Sky's money spoilt it but so has the way people follow their chosen club, they will stay away and watch the game at home or in the pub rather than turn up to watch "11 claret and blue shirts" go through the motions.

Right after sleeping on it I think we just need to accept it and get behind him and see how it goes. The last thing we need after houllier is another shit season and if the fans are ready to snap the minute a ball is kicked it's not going to help.

There's no point in protesting, if Randy had the ability to attract someone better then he would but clearly for some reason the managers we'd like to see are just not interested in the job.

Randy's decision making for the last year or so has been terrible and clearly now shows that passion and good intention just isn't enough.

I'm not happy about it but i'll still be there next season.

I think big Johns account has been hacked!

Definitely hacked!

He's right, once appointed, it's about giving him a chance and supporting the team, at least then if results aren't going well, we can't be moaned at for lack of support.

It's a terrible decision but boycotting games etc....IMO is just stupid.

Cut your own throat Lerner eh. Slash ST sales by a third and disaffect a good majority of your own fanbase. You couldn't make this shit up.

A pole suggested (and there was alarge response) that 60% would either not renew, return or not purchase ST on the back of this. Even if only half of those carried through the threat your looking at losing a third. Once that season ticket is given up and people find other things to do instead of going to VP then it will be very, very hard to get them back again.

IF we sign the ex shite then Lerner Out sign can't be that far behind surely ?

Who is this Pole you speak of?

My view is that AM is not as terrible manager as people make out. And I personally wouln't be completely against him.

However, to appoint anyone who is so unpopular from the outset would just be a stupid decision. The bad blood, would effect the fans relationship with the board. It would most probabley effect the players. And most worrying effect attendances and atmosphere.

To even begin to counter the negativity, AM would need to appoint McGrath and Cowans as his backroom staff, and sign Messi in his first week.

One of the most worrying things about this appointment is how much infighting this will cause with our own fans, especially on the terraces.

There will be a certain element who will never accept him and will let him know, especially if things start to go wrong. If you combine this with the remaining fans who will support him because of the fact he is our manager, then this can only be trouble.

Why do this?

Surely at the most basic level a unified club including the supporters is the best way to go!

Like it or not this man wont be given a fair chance to succeed, so why drag the club through it?

Big Eck's Claret & Blue Army! AVFC!

Honestly, I don't mind if McLeish is appointed.

As others have said, before the relegation with sha, his managerial record is good. He's NOT a bluenose. He won a bunch of things in Scotland, he got sha their first cup for yonks and their highest league finish for however long. He got them relegated this year, but they had no Joe Hart (who saved them a LOT of points last year) and they had an injury to the Johnson-Dann partnership which also helped keep them up the year before.

I'm actually embarassed by the majority of the texts/ callers that I hear on talksport/ other news shows.

If he is appointed, let's get behind him.

This has been a very dark time for me and I have had to do some serious thinking about what I do next.

First of all:

AM is not the man for the job, not so much because he is small heath but his record is very poor and not up to the standard that we should be looking for.

I think this is a statement of intent by the club on our chairmans ambition, did he go to chelsea and offer to buy out the £6 million clause that they put in to stop Ancilotti working for 12 months? why did they not go for Hughes? It says a lot about our chairman in my opinion and my respect is gone for him and General Krulak.

We are no longer a club with morals, we are effectivly back in the days of Deadly and dare I say he would not have done this to us.

I feel like I have been shit on, I have no excitment for the up and coming season and feel sick at the ridicule that the past few weeks have brought, while we all hoped that Randy had an Ace up his sleeve he produced a joker.

To renew or not to renew??? Well money was always tight and I was going to have to go through the payment scheme so what great justification the club has given me to not take on this final burden!!!

BUT I LOVE VILLA, would I leave a woman I love just because her tits began to sag a bit and the odd wrinkle appeared? No! Has Aston Villa done the dirty on me with some dirty scottish ginger? No the chairman is trying to drag her down!

My job is to stand by Villa and be loyal, stop her being dragged down by getting behind the team. I will not sing my managers or chairmans name anymore but I will sing my heart out for my team!

I think as fans we have been ridiculed to the point where we are rock bottom but so bottom my feet are touching the floor. Time to get the ladder out because if I/we dont! we will be playing our part in the demise of our club!

More may happen to make me review this but thsi is how I stand at the moment.

To all the people who reckon he will sort out our defence. You do realise blues only conceded one goal fewer than us in the league last year don't you

Yep, they shipped in goals when Dann got injured and Jiranek and Curties Davies played. He will have better options here IMO.

As others have said, before the relegation with sha, his managerial record is good. He's NOT a bluenose. He won a bunch of things in Scotland, he got sha their first cup for yonks and their highest league finish for however long. He got them relegated this year, but they had no Joe Hart (who saved them a LOT of points last year) and they had an injury to the Johnson-Dann partnership which also helped keep them up the year before.

I'm actually embarassed by the majority of the texts/ callers that I hear on talksport/ other news shows.

They could have appointed me manager and you'd still have come up with some positives, lets just wait and what he does to Albrighton when he brings in Larsson.

I agree with the club that it shud not be the fans that choose a manager because most of us have little or no experience of the proffesional game and the politics that go with it! However we do know some facts, he took blues down twice in 3 seasons even with one of the best defensive records in the league. He bought zigic!! his record in the prem is worse than avram grants! and he has ginger hair!!! for even just the last fact he shud be castrated and bummed by elephants!!!!

In the 46 yrs that I have followed Villa I'm struggling to think of a time that I felt worse, relegated in 87? Nope we deserved it and besides it was a great season following. DOL? No I would have him back before McLeish, Saunders leaving? No we had just won the league and went onto win the EC.

I will never give up loving Villa but this crap has really put a downer on it.

And to think we still have to go through the normal shit of the summer transfer window :-(

They could have appointed me manager and you'd still have come up with some positives, lets just wait and what he does to Albrighton when he brings in Larsson.

I don't think it's really going to matter who he has in midfield, it's not like they will actually get to see the ball much.

Jesus he might bring his old mucker Barry 'F*ckface' Ferguson with him.

If that happened I think I would curl up and die. I'm almost at that stage already.

This is sheer insanity from Lerner. If this is the best he can do then the "Proud History, Bright Future" PR guff is now looking very hollow indeed.

It's looking increasingly like we have no glorious future under the Lerner regime. Mid-table mediocrity (if we are lucky) beckons, with all our best players leaving (no real change there).

That 'done it in the big league' nonsense from Krulak proves to me that they have little idea about football, and are well out of their depth.

The 'must-have premier league experience' stance is also narrow-minded and limits us to a handful of managers.

It's all utterly depressing. :cry: