• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amsterdam_Neil_D wrote:

1. I would have no particular problem with AM as manager.

2. The way it works is we give small heath what we don't want and take from them what we want, simple as that really.

3. The bigger picture is, imagine he does real well and gets us 6th or higher in a few years, the scum down at small heath would all hopefully drown themselves. It depends how one looks at it I suppose.

4. Will give us a bit of stability for a few years, we badly need a bit of good press for a start.

5. He would not come without the promise of money to spend.

6. The football played at small heath was not that attractive, on the other hand he won a trophy with a squad of inbreds. Magician considering where he was working.

7. If Ferguson backs him as a top manager and to be fair probably knows a bit more about it than me.

Just trying to add a sprinkle of positive.

Your in one of them funny Dutch cafe's aren't you???

How can u compare AM to MON? MON is twice the manager AM will ever be! Simple as.

I can't see how this is going to work because we clearly won't get behind him or those who do will get frustrated after a couple of games/weeks/months.

Hughes please. At least we I'll support him from day one.

I can't understand why so many people are getting wound up??

All the club has said is they are going to interview AM.

They have also said that they are going to interview a number of candidates and then pick who they think is best for the club. This is common practice for any successful business, if you rule candidates out without interviewing them, then you are stupid and will most likely fail in your business. I believe that Villa will be interviewing all the candidates that meet their criteria and then going from there. i also believe they would have a number 1 pile (with the likes of Moyes Ancelotti etc) a number 2 pile (Hughes, Martinez etc) and a number 3 pile (McLeish, Mclaren etc).

You would start with these piles, but still give careful consideration to the other piles as you may actually need to move from your number one pile when you can't get them. Also once interviewed, I'm sure names could also change from one pile to another depending on how the interview went etc.

Simple facts of being successful in business, don't count anyone out until you talk to them. And at the moment all Villa have said is they want to talk to him and others.

Now stop being the laughing stock of football fans, because yes, it's us fans that are the ones being laughed at, and reading this board i can see why! Easily we are the most Fickle fans in the country.

Its going to be Martin O`Neil.

Please God say its so

The reason I think it may be him is i understand that when he quit last year he thought RL would turn it down and they would work the problems out.

They have been in talks the last few months sorting something out about his old contract, and nothing was leaked out about, also MON has not said anything bad about the Villa and i know for a fact how highly he loves the Villa.

There would have been a shitload of abuse from a lot of us fans if RL had just appointed MON, but after what has happened lately esp. regarding the Generals comments, I think a lot of us would be glad to see him back, considering the alternatives.

I can't understand why so many people are getting wound up??

All the club has said is they are going to interview AM.

They have also said that they are going to interview a number of candidates and then pick who they think is best for the club. This is common practice for any successful business, if you rule candidates out without interviewing them, then you are stupid and will most likely fail in your business. I believe that Villa will be interviewing all the candidates that meet their criteria and then going from there. i also believe they would have a number 1 pile (with the likes of Moyes Ancelotti etc) a number 2 pile (Hughes, Martinez etc) and a number 3 pile (McLeish, Mclaren etc).

You would start with these piles, but still give careful consideration to the other piles as you may actually need to move from your number one pile when you can't get them. Also once interviewed, I'm sure names could also change from one pile to another depending on how the interview went etc.

Simple facts of being successful in business, don't count anyone out until you talk to them. And at the moment all Villa have said is they want to talk to him and others.

Now stop being the laughing stock of football fans, because yes, it's us fans that are the ones being laughed at, and reading this board i can see why! Easily we are the most Fickle fans in the country.

To be fair mate I think a lot of us have been patient and been having a laugh at the press for their constant changing of who is favourite for the job. But they have been proven right on the McLeish link and there stands a good chance their coverage of our manager search being a farce is also true. I'm all for an extensive manager interview process but the noises about McLeish have come not only from the press but now from our club with Krulak desperately trying to defend him. How can we be expected to be happy with our manager coming from your Pile 3?

2. The way it works is we give small heath what we don't want and take from them what we want, simple as that really.

3. The bigger picture is, imagine he does real well and gets us 6th or higher in a few years, the scum down at small heath would all hopefully drown themselves. It depends how one looks at it I suppose.

4. Will give us a bit of stability for a few years, we badly need a bit of good press for a start.

6. The football played at small heath was not that attractive, on the other hand he won a trophy with a squad of inbreds. Magician considering where he was working.

7. If Ferguson backs him as a top manager and to be fair probably knows a bit more about it than me.

Or he relegates us next year!!! On his previous performance this is far more likely than your fantasy!

The most predictable most of the year so far, FFS. I suppose the comment on previous performance means he will win us a trophy as well then? Fantasy !!! Just posted what I thought about the prospective manager of my team. Your fantasy is thinking you know anything about footie by the looks, come back from Narnia and get a grip and stop PFE (I hear its cold there at the mo so pop back to the real world). Yes he is not my number one choice but what can we do, we get behind the team and management team no matter what. The poison of MON and the half hearted :D GH are behind us so lets move forward.

I don't know how many times we have to say this, the press seem to think we give a shit about his Birmingham role, it's not that, he's actually a shit manager who fluked his way to a League Cup, just watch all their games in the run up, God could not have made it easier for them. He's the most negative manager, can you imagine the likes of United coming to VP, 10 men behind the ball.

that last match at Tottenham was a joke considering what was on the line. No motivation in that team with the exception of Gardner, Johnson and Foster. If you can't motivate a team for that kind of match then what are you doing in the premier league?

I'd give it to KMac & Sid rather than stumble into another costly mistake. Assuming they'd want it that is

That could be a costly mistake, if they get us relegated.

McLeish is going to be very costly, first of all the compensation will have to pay and the second of all the amount of ST's that will be returned. Can you imagine our first game of the season, we would like to introduce the new Villa manager, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs

Totally agree, I was all for David moyes taking over but I am willing to get behind AM if indeed he is given the job.

He will make us better defensively.

He will make us hard to beat.

Villa park may become a bit of a fortress again, where away teams hate coming to.

He wanted to sign players at SHA that we all would have been happy with MON and GH signing, but the Chinese decided to hold back with money at the last second (N'zogbia, pavlyuchenko, keane)

It's a big difference setting up tactics for game when you have the likes of Lee bowyer, cameron jerome and seb larsson in your team as opposed to downing, bent and albrighton, so I'm sure his team playing style would be better

He will have been given promises of serious funds

Mcleish's CV looks pretty similar to MON's. Mcleish has experience of playing under Fergie, MON Clough. Won two titles with Rangers in three years. In premier league had to work with the players he had in Birmingham, and for Scotland, in a style that got the best out of the players. When Hibs and BCFC got relegated straight back up next season finishing 3rd and 9th respectively. First SPL manager to guide team to Champions league last 16, in 2006; MON got to UEFA final. Both got two carling cup wins. Gave Scotland best shot at qualifying that I can remember. Rangers and Hibs fans can tell you that he was more attacking under them.

I met Mcleish at Munich airport as the blue noses were returning from preseason airport. Had a delay in flight. He had an easygoing, strong camoradarie with the players calling them by their nicknames, and when he spoke it seemed weighty words, or a joke. Even when he said I was a villa fan he still treated me with respect. I came away thinking thats a really nice man who gets respected.

Thought I'd share with you Im neither for or against appointment just think he deserves the fans to give him some support. Hes won more than Mark Hughes, Martinez.

I think you will find that MON's CV does not contain the word RELEGATED on it!!!

Twice.

Wow, I havent posted much over the last few days and just being watching this unfold............How the hell did we arrive at this point? Is McCleish really are ONLY option and the BEST man to give us a "Bright Future" I'll support Villa regardless of anything, however I will NOT be supporting the board if they make this appointment. All good faith is now out of the window and I see them on equal grounds to Deadly Doug. You're now judged on what happens on the pitch (all the moisacs, free scarves, Holte Pub mean nothing now) it's about WINNING on the pitch and being SUCCESSFUL. That is how I will judge this board. This appointment (if it happens) smacks of middle of the road. With this we've given up the dream and realise were now also rans. Sad day..............

As for McCleish and his credentails, whilst im sure he is a good man, he is not a good manager. Our board state he has proven he can manage at the top. Has he?? he spent 40 million and still relegated them TWICE. McCarthy and Martinez spent significently less and kept there teams in the PL, are they then more qualified? Is this what it has come to? shopping in the bargin basement?

Proud History Insipid Future. Our board clearly don't get OUR club and they no longer have my support.