• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If Sir Alex had charge of the Blouse for a season and they went down ...... would he be a crap manager or would fans point at the crap side, lack of resources and major injury issues ? You can't put a manager down for failing to make sense of a crap side anymore than you can rave about a guy who rides in on a top side with limitless resources at his disposal. I don't give a flying frog where the manager comes from nor whether he was a Sty Dweller last season - if he comes here and does a job then he's good by me.

I'm not certain one way or the other whether ML will work here but his record at Blouse doesn't make my mind up in any way and the fact that he was there makes no difference to me at all !

Well bully for you!! You forget to mention he relegated them twice!

I HATE to see the club I have loved all my life be subjected to such expectations and be served such mediorcity!!

And by the way talking about SAF being shit at the Blosers is irrelevant and pie in the sky and he would have got that team into the top half. He isn't a cowardly failure like McCleish!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and his style is really no different to Alladyce except Sam doesn't get relegated TWICE!

I'd take any style over the drab crab-football that nearly relegated Villa last season !

I'd take any manager who can actually manage a side without having wars breaking out amongst the camp and I'd take any manager who has the balls to drop our "superstar" egos when they stop performing for the team.

Truth of the matter is that had Blouse not been wrecked by major injury problems at a bad time, they would have finished above us with a fraction of the resources made available to the French idiot who we tolerated !

His drab football led to relegation our so called drab football with infighting, injuries, supporter discontent, 4 managers and speculation that everyone was leaving at the end of the season got us 9th.

Randy just watch their last half dozen games and tell me why he should get the job?? Watch the 5-1 and tell me why he should get the job??? Suggest in the porridge league with Rangers or Celtic is a given, it's shooting fish in a barrell, it is one of if not the worst league in Europe!

...... do we ignore some of the gubbings we got last season (Newcastle anyone ?) and do we ignore the fact the ML put his team of no-hopers and Villa cast-offs in the top half of the league for most of the time we were in the bottom half a dozen ?

Oh ..... okay then !

sorry paul, you are telling us not to be selective with our judgements and then doing exactly that yourself. the table wasnt decided in january when they were above us - it was decided a few months later where we finished in the top half and they got relegated.

Randy just watch their last half dozen games and tell me why he should get the job?? Watch the 5-1 and tell me why he should get the job??? Suggest in the porridge league with Rangers or Celtic is a given, it's shooting fish in a barrell, it is one of if not the worst league in Europe!

...... do we ignore some of the gubbings we got last season (Newcastle anyone ?) and do we ignore the fact the ML put his team of no-hopers and Villa cast-offs in the top half of the league for most of the time we were in the bottom half a dozen ?

Oh ..... okay then !

Yes because they got relegated ... :?

Randy just watch their last half dozen games and tell me why he should get the job?? Watch the 5-1 and tell me why he should get the job??? Suggest in the porridge league with Rangers or Celtic is a given, it R u really thai stupid that you believe mcliesh is a better manager than houllier?? if so wheres your proof?? houllier bought darren bent and mcliesh?? thats right nicola zigic!!! I suggest you are the one the one to get a grip before spouting off at others

Personally, I don't want ML but we are stirring the bottom of the bucket at the moment and any candidate is going to be "below our standard" ...... the managers we want are either not available or not prepared to play second/third choice to Martinez.

We've f*cked up here big time and running with nobody at the helm for much longer will be a much bigger disaster than appointing ML who I have a hunch would do much better here than many seem to think. Failing to keep the Blouse in the Premiership does not make a manager a bad one in my books - its a garbage club with no fans and no money and yet he still kept them above Villa for most of last season !

do we ignore some of the gubbings we got last season (Newcastle anyone ?) and do we ignore the fact the ML put his team of no-hopers and Villa cast-offs in the top half of the league for most of the time we were in the bottom half a dozen ?

Oh ..... okay then !

No we don't ignore it and I was in the GH out after Christmas but I don't want one rubbish manager replaced with someone who is even more of a fucktard, it's complete and utter suicide!!

Personally, I don't want ML but we are stirring the bottom of the bucket at the moment and any candidate is going to be "below our standard" ...... the managers we want are either not available or not prepared to play second/third choice to Martinez.

We've f*cked up here big time and running with nobody at the helm for much longer will be a much bigger disaster than appointing ML who I have a hunch would do much better here than many seem to think. Failing to keep the Blouse in the Premiership does not make a manager a bad one in my books - its a garbage club with no fans and no money and yet he still kept them above Villa for most of last season !

I'd rather give it Kev Mac. Or someone like Poyet. Heck, he ain't the greatest but I'd prefer Zola.

There is absolutely no way Mark Hughes will get a better offer than Villa as well so he'd be here in a shot if we offered it.

I have no doubts that with McLeish we will still be the best team in the midlands again next year. However I thought our owner and board aspired for Champions League football and creating a new culture for our club. That ain't gonna happen with McLeish. I can see us coming 8-12th but that is not good enough. There is no plan here, no vision of developing our young talent and what will Darren Bent make of all this?

yes but we apparently dont want hughes because he had the audacity and honesty leave his previous employment correctly and under the terms of his contract...

yeah but Faulkner is big mates with their Managing Director so we don't want to piss Fulham off do we. Maybe it was part of the Sidwell deal. Whatever the reasoning it is shit. Hughes would be a dream manager right now.

If you aim low you can only shoot yourself in the foot!!!

Why oh why are we even considering this bunch of useless words removed is beyond me! I am getting very close to jumping on a plane for the 9000 miles and bitch slapping Randy and telling him to **** off out of my club! Best of a bad bunch of managers, this is because Randy can't seem to see any further than toilet dwellers when it comes to recruiting staff!!

yes but we apparently dont want hughes because he had the audacity and honesty leave his previous employment correctly and under the terms of his contract...

and give them time to get a new manager before the europa league kicks off

i thought his quitting was fine.

he didnt buy 4 players then decide he couldnt work under those conditions

and give them time to get a new manager before the europa league kicks off

i thought his quitting was fine.

he didnt buy 4 players then decide he couldnt work under those conditions

and Hughes has never been relegated. Fulham have a much smaller budget than Birmingham aswell.

That lets see what McLeish can do with owner backing from the general has really pissed me off.

Would anyone consider Shearer?

Not really responsible for Newky going down but he has PL experience and might be one to capture the imagination of players like Bent, Downing & Albrighton.