• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The only thing small time about our club is the fans.

The only thing this will bring is that players and future managers wont come to us.

Lets get behind the club and support Aston Villa FC.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing this will bring is that players and future managers wont come to us.

In an ideal world this would be the way to go, but its not.

This will cause divisions!

This has been a very dark time for me and I have had to do some serious thinking about what I do next.

First of all:

AM is not the man for the job, not so much because he is small heath but his record is very poor and not up to the standard that we should be looking for.

I think this is a statement of intent by the club on our chairmans ambition, did he go to chelsea and offer to buy out the £6 million clause that they put in to stop Ancilotti working for 12 months? why did they not go for Hughes? It says a lot about our chairman in my opinion and my respect is gone for him and General Krulak.

We are no longer a club with morals, we are effectivly back in the days of Deadly and dare I say he would not have done this to us.

I feel like I have been shit on, I have no excitment for the up and coming season and feel sick at the ridicule that the past few weeks have brought, while we all hoped that Randy had an Ace up his sleeve he produced a joker.

To renew or not to renew??? Well money was always tight and I was going to have to go through the payment scheme so what great justification the club has given me to not take on this final burden!!!

BUT I LOVE VILLA, would I leave a woman I love just because her tits began to sag a bit and the odd wrinkle appeared? No! Has Aston Villa done the dirty on me with some dirty scottish ginger? No the chairman is trying to drag her down!

My job is to stand by Villa and be loyal, stop her being dragged down by getting behind the team. I will not sing my managers or chairmans name anymore but I will sing my heart out for my team!

I think as fans we have been ridiculed to the point where we are rock bottom but so bottom my feet are touching the floor. Time to get the ladder out because if I/we dont! we will be playing our part in the demise of our club!

More may happen to make me review this but thsi is how I stand at the moment.

Oh and you can shove your shirt and other mechandise! Always brought my shirts (when there is one) from Villa to give them money. Not again!

Big Eck's Claret & Blue Army! AVFC!

Honestly, I don't mind if McLeish is appointed.

As others have said, before the relegation with sha, his managerial record is good. He's NOT a bluenose. He won a bunch of things in Scotland, he got sha their first cup for yonks and their highest league finish for however long. He got them relegated this year, but they had no Joe Hart (who saved them a LOT of points last year) and they had an injury to the Johnson-Dann partnership which also helped keep them up the year before.

I'm actually embarassed by the majority of the texts/ callers that I hear on talksport/ other news shows.

If he is appointed, let's get behind him.

They could have appointed me manager and you'd still have come up with some positives, lets just wait and what he does to Albrighton when he brings in Larsson.

And?

I'm positive, and happy with that.

My only concern is how the fans will react. I'd rather not have another season like the last one.

GET BEHIND WHOEVER IS APPOINTED!

Lerner's track record of appointing head coaches at the Browns has been shaky to say the least. But this? I just don't see how it makes any sense on any level. This will cost him an awful lot of money, goodwill and ultimately I think his reputation. I met Faulkner when Houllier was presented and thought he was a buffoon, but I thought Lerner was made of better stuff.

If we are employing someone on the basis of having a good record in Scotland, why don't we appoint Gordon Strachan? His teams play better football for starters.

Nightmare..

The club has lied to it's fans.

Anyone who believes that Krulak is here for anything other PR purposes are quite frankly, blind. They don't care what the fans think. They don't care about them. We've been fooled well and truely.

We DO support Aston Villa and will do so despite this rubbish, we are not 'Small time'. We have every right to feel a bit pissed off.

None of the other 'derby' cities would be happy with managers moving between clubs so why should we be? And this isn't the real reason most of us are annoyed - its because McLeish isn't good enough.

Its people like you that are satisfied with shite like Mcleish.

We are probably the 6th biggest team in what is regarded as the best league in the world.

I think we can expect to appoint a higher calibre manager than AM, I think the fans who are protesting have every right.

You always get a few idiots in any protest, that doesn't mean a protest is unwarranted,

The club has lied to it's fans.

Anyone who believes that Krulak is here for anything other PR purposes are quite frankly, blind. They don't care what the fans think. They don't care about them. We've been fooled well and truely.

Absolutely. True colours are out now.

I dont agree with it, but should Mcleish get off to a bad start, VP will turn nasty within 2/3 games.

Crap club to support atm, had I not already renewed I think I'd be saving my money and spending it elsewhere.

Big Eck's Claret & Blue Army! AVFC!

Honestly, I don't mind if McLeish is appointed.

As others have said, before the relegation with sha, his managerial record is good. He's NOT a bluenose. He won a bunch of things in Scotland, he got sha their first cup for yonks and their highest league finish for however long. He got them relegated this year, but they had no Joe Hart (who saved them a LOT of points last year) and they had an injury to the Johnson-Dann partnership which also helped keep them up the year before.

I'm actually embarassed by the majority of the texts/ callers that I hear on talksport/ other news shows.

If he is appointed, let's get behind him.

They could have appointed me manager and you'd still have come up with some positives, lets just wait and what he does to Albrighton when he brings in Larsson.

And?

I'm positive, and happy with that.

My only concern is how the fans will react. I'd rather not have another season like the last one.

GET BEHIND WHOEVER IS APPOINTED!

It'll be a worse one than the last one.

Today will mark the beginning of the end for Lerner.

Sad, because we all know that he has the best of intentions towards the Villa.

This is how i feel, it will all end in tears!

I take Randy Lerner in high esteem, he's a pure gentleman and very keen on AVFC, so i think and hope that the club only claimed the right to have an interview with Mc Leish, in the same way that it had and will have interviews with other candidates for the Villa job.

And at this regard there are a bunch of great italian managers that are undoubtly "free agent", in this moment, so that we can approach them without risking legal actions : apart from Carletto Ancelotti, l would like Delio Rossi (the former Lazio and Palermo manager, that uses to teach and play an attractive, entertaining, passive, attacking football). Good managers would be Gianfranco Zola, Claudio Ranieri and Roberto Di Matteo that have PL experience and are also very, very nice guys.

Aston Villa made in Italy? Why not? :winkold: :D

As you surely know Villa is an ancient Latin and now Italian word, this is the first reason why many Italian kids fall in love for the Villa, because it is the only team whose name they understand! :P