• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I have no doubts that with McLeish we will still be the best team in the midlands again next year. However I thought our owner and board aspired for Champions League football and creating a new culture for our club. That ain't gonna happen with McLeish.

I agree with you but WHO are the options here ..... I'm trying hard to see a positive in McLeish because, quite frankly, there are no other candidates which is why they will appoint him this week.

I'd rather have Kev Mac or Poyet or many of the better Championship managers or Coyle or Moyes but fact is, they don't want to come here. We are a club coming off a season of player unrest with big name players wanting to leave and with a management team who got turned down by a guy who'd rather be at wigan than Villa !!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me the only option now to keep 80% of villa fans happy until we produce on the pitch is to appoint hughes asap, the mans been replaced so if hes not going chelsea cant we just get the f*ck on with appointing him..

if Alex Mc is appointed all hell is gonna break loose...

I have no doubts that with McLeish we will still be the best team in the midlands again next year. However I thought our owner and board aspired for Champions League football and creating a new culture for our club. That ain't gonna happen with McLeish.

I agree with you but WHO are the options here ..... I'm trying hard to see a positive in McLeish because, quite frankly, there are no other candidates which is why they will appoint him this week.

I'd rather have Kev Mac or Poyet or many of the better Championship managers or Coyle or Moyes but fact is, they don't want to come here. We are a club coming off a season of player unrest with big name players wanting to leave and with a management team who got turned down by a guy who'd rather be at wigan than Villa !!!

What about Zola?? Plays attractive football, gives kids chances, kept a poor West Ham side up, and very well respected by players and managers. McLeish is not our only option, that is for certain.

Would anyone consider Shearer?

I like Shearer but I think he is the kind of guy that would operate purely on passion. He may make a fine England manager or Blackburn/Newcastle manager at some point but not sure he could do it for a club he has no connection to.

Ignoring Hughes i still dont understand why AM is being seriously considered.

If its pre Small Heath, thats not premier league experience and his actual premier league experience is getting teams relegated.

If its because we have no money, then go and get Curbs or someone boring like that, dont risk alienating a large fan base and employing someone who is just down right shit.

My only hope is that he is awful in an interview.

But i fear last nights statement was the writing on the wall.

Just makes no sense.

The shear fact that nearly all of us agree the next manager should not be AM says it all. We all never agree on anything, but we have this thing dead on. Just pray the board is not about to leave us feeling betrayed and dissapointed.

Rubbish, loads of other candidates are out there!

Hughes, though not my first choice is miles ahead of AM!

I am beginning to think we need a change of owner this week not a new manager!!

What are we going to do when we play Fulham, give up? Oh we did that this year already!!

The people in charge at VP seem to have no knowledge of the football business whatsoever!

Mcleish's CV looks pretty similar to MON's. Mcleish has experience of playing under Fergie, MON Clough. Won two titles with Rangers in three years. In premier league had to work with the players he had in Birmingham, and for Scotland, in a style that got the best out of the players. When Hibs and BCFC got relegated straight back up next season finishing 3rd and 9th respectively. First SPL manager to guide team to Champions league last 16, in 2006; MON got to UEFA final. Both got two carling cup wins. Gave Scotland best shot at qualifying that I can remember. Rangers and Hibs fans can tell you that he was more attacking under them.

I met Mcleish at Munich airport as the blue noses were returning from preseason airport. Had a delay in flight. He had an easygoing, strong camoradarie with the players calling them by their nicknames, and when he spoke it seemed weighty words, or a joke. Even when he said I was a villa fan he still treated me with respect. I came away thinking thats a really nice man who gets respected.

Thought I'd share with you :-) Im neither for or against appointment just think he deserves the fans to give him some support. Hes won more than Mark Hughes, Martinez.

1. I would have no particular problem with AM as manager.

2. The way it works is we give small heath what we don't want and take from them what we want, simple as that really.

3. The bigger picture is, imagine he does real well and gets us 6th or higher in a few years, the scum down at small heath would all hopefully drown themselves. It depends how one looks at it I suppose.

4. Will give us a bit of stability for a few years, we badly need a bit of good press for a start.

5. He would not come without the promise of money to spend.

6. The football played at small heath was not that attractive, on the other hand he won a trophy with a squad of inbreds. Magician considering where he was working.

7. If Ferguson backs him as a top manager and to be fair probably knows a bit more about it than me.

Just trying to add a sprinkle of positive.

Would anyone consider Shearer?

I like Shearer but I think he is the kind of guy that would operate purely on passion. He may make a fine England manager or Blackburn/Newcastle manager at some point but not sure he could do it for a club he has no connection to.

I'd reject him on the basis of MoTD. It was enough to tell you how much Shearer has going on in terms of brains and passion for the game... and it's not a lot. The amount of half-baked analysis "Well what happened like was that he sort of crossed the ball and then the attacker has just headed it in" and comments "Oh he's scored a good goal there Gary".. tell me that he won't ever cut it at a decent level. Not shrewd at all.

2. The way it works is we give small heath what we don't want and take from them what we want, simple as that really.

3. The bigger picture is, imagine he does real well and gets us 6th or higher in a few years, the scum down at small heath would all hopefully drown themselves. It depends how one looks at it I suppose.

4. Will give us a bit of stability for a few years, we badly need a bit of good press for a start.

6. The football played at small heath was not that attractive, on the other hand he won a trophy with a squad of inbreds. Magician considering where he was working.

7. If Ferguson backs him as a top manager and to be fair probably knows a bit more about it than me.

Or he relegates us next year!!! On his previous performance this is far more likely than your fantasy!

This!

Everybody else get a grip

Mcleish's CV looks pretty similar to MON's. Mcleish has experience of playing under Fergie, MON Clough. Won two titles with Rangers in three years. In premier league had to work with the players he had in Birmingham, and for Scotland, in a style that got the best out of the players. When Hibs and BCFC got relegated straight back up next season finishing 3rd and 9th respectively. First SPL manager to guide team to Champions league last 16, in 2006; MON got to UEFA final. Both got two carling cup wins. Gave Scotland best shot at qualifying that I can remember. Rangers and Hibs fans can tell you that he was more attacking under them.

I met Mcleish at Munich airport as the blue noses were returning from preseason airport. Had a delay in flight. He had an easygoing, strong camoradarie with the players calling them by their nicknames, and when he spoke it seemed weighty words, or a joke. Even when he said I was a villa fan he still treated me with respect. I came away thinking thats a really nice man who gets respected.

Thought I'd share with you Im neither for or against appointment just think he deserves the fans to give him some support. Hes won more than Mark Hughes, Martinez.

I think you will find that MON's CV does not contain the word RELEGATED on it!!!