• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I've missed the last 80 odd pages but WTF, why are we emailing SHA re McLeish ?? Has this been confirmed or is it bullcrap ??

Sending emails to them will always be leaked to the media. Amateurish if true

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when McCleish is not appointed can all the knee jerk 'fans' who have been lambasting Randy and the board and taking the medias word as gospel, **** off?

I think the problem is that it isn't the media's opinion any longer. We have direct quotes from Birmingham City, we have the General stating how great a manager he is and we have the knowledge that Mcleish and Randys jet were both is Corisca.

I think there were "knee jerk" reactions from a section of the Villa fans, though this is quite understandable, but at the time of your writing I think it is safe to say that this is not a knee jerk reaction... it is fast becoming a very real possibility.

However, time will tell, and if people want to raise their concerns on this thread, then they are very welcome to do so.

With all the shit that's being thrown at the club from that lot down the road in todays newspapers a statement has to be released today.

When does it end though?

The media start up another story, fans demand a response.

Will be one every other day.

Villa will respond when there is something to respond to rather than just responding about idle gossip.

Peter Pannu is also quite clearly shit stirring of the highest order!

Why has The General gone from posting the same message on a few message boards to just posting on FaceBook?

He's possibly the most disappointing managerial appointment in my lifetime - even GTII had goodwill from his amazing achievements previously. Gregory even though plucked from relative obscurity was an ex-player. However, he's just signed up to managed in the kazakh league so we've missed our chance.

Please Randy - he is not good enough to manage villa, I don't care he managed at the sty, couldn't care less, he just isn't good enough!

With all the shit that's being thrown at the club from that lot down the road in todays newspapers a statement has to be released today.

When does it end though?

Villa will respond when there is something to respond to rather than just responding about idle gossip.

Why has The General gone from posting the same message on a few message boards to just posting on FaceBook?

I think they have crossed a line. They have accused us of tapping up, and these emails etc. It doesn't sound like us ask motormouth Dave Whelan. If we are not interested i honestly think its in the clubs interest to tell us before they hysterical majority(by the looks of it) really do some damage to the moral around the club.

Also they way things have gone in the last 7 days i think its about time they got their arses in gear and actually appoint a manager because whether you blame the club or not, its starting to look like chaos, not a good way to attract possible players to the club.

It better not be Mcleish.

I would have been disappointed with Mclaren admittedly, but to take a manager who has got our closest rivals relegated is just a complete insult. Then line their pockets with millions of pounds for the pleasure :shock: If it happens I will have lost a huge amount of respect for the current regime.

When are people going to stop using the media as a scapegoat? The media didn't appoint houllier, the media haven't taken this long to find a manager, the media didn't e-mail small Heath.

All the club have done is release that guff of a statement the other day.

I will support Randy.. but i will lose alot of respect for him if he appoints McLeish.. The fact that we were in for Martinez and Mcleish goes to show our ambition doesnt match Randys ambition.

These are midtable managers. We need to improve especially on the season which we just had. Is it money? Hes happy to waste 20-30 million with an average manager like Mcleish who buys players like Zigic etc. Why not just spend the money on a good high class manager who will spend it more wisely.

Could you imagine what a good manager would do to the atmosphere at VP. At times, it was a morgue by all reports last season. Crowd need a huge lift..

I think we need a manager the players respect.. the fans respect.. to start on the right foot. Why must they have Premier League experience??? McLeish has a few years experience in the Premier League and that includes 2 relegations. How is that preferable to a Dechamps or Rijjkard? Ancelotti even had zero experience in the Premier League before Chelsea.

Just really stupid. It looks like we have exhausted all our options.. this has become an absolute farce. We didnt go for JOL due to Faulkner being mates with the Fulham CEO... ? If that isnt the reason.. WHY didnt we go for JOL?

Why is Hughes not a priority in front of Martinez and Mcleish?

There are better options. I hope im wrong but the only thing stopping Mcleish signing.. is Birmingham.. i hope they hold us to ransom and threaten to sue to put us off Mcleish.

When does it end though?

I think they have crossed a line. They have accused us of tapping up, and these emails etc. It doesn't sound like us ask motormouth Dave Whelan. If we are not interested i honestly think its in the clubs interest to tell us before they hysterical majority(by the looks of it) really do some damage to the moral around the club.

Also they way things have gone in the last 7 days i think its about time they got their arses in gear and actually appoint a manager because whether you blame the club or not, its starting to look like chaos, not a good way to attract possible players to the club.

I agree, usually I'm on the side of letting the press have no clue .. and still am in general. We don't need to reply to every single press story written but this has got deeper than that, quotes from other club, (our biggest rivals) implying we've tapped a manager up ...we're in for McLeish etc ....something needs to be said just to clarify the situation.

The view from the North stand under Mcnob....

holte-end_77818.jpg

That's cool if only the loyal supporters are in there.

Better that than filled with those who start booing every time the team gives away a corner.

The ground will fill back up when people realise how well we are playing.

I just can't believe the abandoning of our principles.

How can they expect Villa fans to support someone we've hated for five years?

Someone who has had two relegations in that time?

Someone who only had 30 something goals scored for him last season.

Someone who plays such dull, boring football.

Someone who signs a sex attacker Marlon King for his club.

Someone who signs Lee Bowyer, another player who has had his trouble with the police.

Someone who signs Jermaine Pennant, another player who ended up in jail.

He simply does not have, and in fact shows the complete opposite, our values as a club.

It is an insult to the fanbase and an insult to those who have made history for this great football club.

**** off McLeish, the Villa is ours.

I do think the club need to clarify the situation. I actually don't have a problem with the Board keeping things quiet but that's been totally blown apart if the post from the General is true. You cannot have a situation where some directors who are actually involved in the recruitment are quietly going about their business whilst another is shooting his mouth off on the internet. To think anything he says either as a post or a DM is not going to end up splashed across all the forums is naive in the extreme.

The only possible spin I can put on what the General said is that he was defending an honourable man who was being besmirched. Whether he is in the running for the job is irrelevant. I am trying to believe that he asked us about the role and then we asked Blues. Either way a little clarification from the club would be helpful.

Approaching 10,000 members in the Facebook group 'Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want McLeish'. Mentions of a protest tonight at 6pm and tomorrow at 6pm. I've joined the group as no way in hell do I want him at our club, however I'm not convinced that a protest is called for just yet, being that we don't know the full story.

And how many of those are Bluenoses trying to create an aura for the press of disarray at the Villa?

Really, the people who start these things are not very bright..