• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I was worried earlier but the more I think about it, the more I think it's classic diversion tactics. Political parties use it all the time. It's like a magic trick. Keep the audience distracted while the real mechanics are taking place.

IF I am wrong, and it is the ginger tw*t, then the only real positive is that he would know that he has to prove the doubters wrong regards his football style of play, tactics, and game mindset and, like the brolly fellow, will think, especially considering the exposure this has got already, that he has a massive point to prove with a chairman who will back his managers.

However, I think it's a bluff, a diversiion to keep the press, if not the webmongs like us all, off the scent.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish has managed two places: Scotland and Birmingham City, i.e. his only experiences are the utter lowest forms of football known to humanity. This appointment would make no sense on any level.

And Rangers, where he managed to do quite well. Even made it to the Final 16 in CL, which is no small feat with a SPL team.

This would seem to be a natural progression in his career. He's pretty much proven himself everywhere that he can win.

I meant Scotland in general! He's yet to prove anything outside Scotland from what I've seen. I don't see the 'natural progression' from relegation to an ambitious top 8 side.

Is it good/known practice to pretend we are appoint someone as a diversionary tactic? Not really fair on Mr Mcleish is it? As much as I want to I can't buy that, sorry. MM seems to have covered all bases with his posts. I don't have the post to hand but last week he said it wouldn't surpise him if we appointed Mcleish because he would want the job, or something to that effect. MM is beginging to comes across as one of those dodgy fortune tellers:- "you were born a man or a woman and have an auntie" and us gullible mugs are taking it in.

Again, it's one anonymous guy going against the whole of mainstream sports media AND against a directly quoted post from one of our directors. Sorry Julie but I think MM's got it wrong this time!

Ah yeah, the mainstream sports media, shall we have a look at what the mainstream sports media have reported so far on this saga?

There was Hughes, odds on 1/14 to become manager, but apparently we won't go near him because he resigned.

There was Mcclaren, dead set to be manager until apparently a fan back lash made Lerner cancel the interview.

There was Martinez, who apparently turned down a job he hadn't even been offered because we hadn't even got to talk to him, in which we got complimented for doing things "the right way".

Now there's Mcleish that apparently we're going to employ despite him resigning, despite a fan backlash, and in so wrong a way SHA want to get an injunction to stop it?

Come on, the Mcleish stories go against EVERYTHING that's previously been reported, lets just wait and see what pans out.

I was worried earlier but the more I think about it, the more I think it's classic diversion tactics. Political parties use it all the time. It's like a magic trick. Keep the audience distracted while the real mechanics are taking place.

IF I am wrong, and it is the ginger tw*t, then the only real positive is that he would know that he has to prove the doubters wrong regards his football style of play, tactics, and game mindset and, like the brolly fellow, will think, especially considering the exposure this has got already, that he has a massive point to prove with a chairman who will back his managers.

However, I think it's a bluff, a diversiion to keep the press, if not the webmongs like us all, off the scent.

I can feel the hope in your statement. We will all wake up tomorrow from our nightmare, tune into sky sports, and see Moyes with PF gleaming back at us from the screen.

Then we will all be happy bunnies again 8)

I can't believe this, We are approaching McLeish. I'm just shocked.

GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB RANDY LERNER. **** OFF BACK TO AMERICA. YOU DONT DO THIS OVER HERE.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a WINNER!!!

The prize for the most ungrateful, pig-**** ignorant, over the top, factually bereft reaction goes to.....

C V Byrne.

The prize?

A season ticket at another club of your choice. My treat. We don't need idiots like you near this football club.

**** off newbie. Loads of you new **** crawling about the place these days.

So the basis of your arguement appears to be, "I have posted on this website more than you (regardless of the fact that 5999 of my posts have been me pulling the Pope's cap off myself into oblivion over the latest mobile phone) I therefore am more informed on club matters than you."

Ok.

Remember Bodymoor Heath, the free coaches, free flags, mosaic, refurbished Hotle Suite, Acrorns sponsorship etc.

**** me. Randy really has been a shit owner hasn't he.

:bonk:

I'll go halves with you on that ticket Eames!

I've seen some silly post on here this last week or so, but this has to be the worst. What a complete and utter Prick of the highest standing!

Oh and Eames, you forgot to mention the endless amount of money that he has given for players...

Can anyone give me one example of something bad that Randy has done for this club? and i don't mean little things like the kit stuff up last season, whilst it upset a few it didn't have any major effect on the club in a bad way!

I can't believe this, We are approaching McLeish. I'm just shocked.

GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB RANDY LERNER. **** OFF BACK TO AMERICA. YOU DONT DO THIS OVER HERE.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a WINNER!!!

The prize for the most ungrateful, pig-**** ignorant, over the top, factually bereft reaction goes to.....

C V Byrne.

The prize?

A season ticket at another club of your choice. My treat. We don't need idiots like you near this football club.

**** off newbie. Loads of you new **** crawling about the place these days.

So the basis of your arguement appears to be, "I have posted on this website more than you (regardless of the fact that 5999 of my posts have been me pulling the Pope's cap off myself into oblivion over the latest mobile phone) I therefore am more informed on club matters than you."

Ok.

Remember Bodymoor Heath, the free coaches, free flags, mosaic, refurbished Hotle Suite, Acrorns sponsorship etc.

**** me. Randy really has been a shit owner hasn't he.

:bonk:

I'll go halves with you on that ticket Eames!

I've seen some silly post on here this last week or so, but this has to be the worst. What a complete and utter Prick of the highest standing!

Oh and Eames, you forgot to mention the endless amount of money that he has given for players...

Can anyone give me one example of something bad that Randy has done for this club? and i don't mean little things like the kit stuff up last season, whilst it upset a few it didn't have any major effect on the club in a bad way!

cheers. :thumb:

its nice to know there is some common sense still loose on VT.

I can't see why everyone is getting all crack sand about this, nobody knows if he has been approached and if he has who cares!

Id rather the club do a thorough assessment of all potential managers than a brief assessment on the behest of moaning fans.

It great we have such vocal fans but such a shame so many are so quick to get on their high horse.

They haven't had Poyet in the press yet, hopefully that one is next; or even Sven again.

Either way jesus christ people, get a grip; while McLeish isn't someone many fans would want (poor football) our club would be acting irresponsibly if they didn't at least ask questions and besides where did this story come out from? SHA???

Sorry Julie but I think MM's got it wrong this time!

Hey I'm no more ITK than anyone really... don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just saying MM did warn us that GK was on divertionary tactic maneovours earlier.

I can't believe Villa are seriously approaching McLeish. That's fookin suicide. Drove his former club to relegation.

Villa are the most attractive jobs in the country, on par with Tottenham I'd say. You don't need to appoint shite like him.

Again, it's one anonymous guy going against the whole of mainstream sports media AND against a directly quoted post from one of our directors. Sorry Julie but I think MM's got it wrong this time!

Ah yeah, the mainstream sports media, shall we have a look at what the mainstream sports media have reported so far on this saga?

There was Hughes, odds on 1/14 to become manager, but apparently we won't go near him because he resigned.

There was Mcclaren, dead set to be manager until apparently a fan back lash made Lerner cancel the interview.

There was Martinez, who apparently turned down a job he hadn't even been offered because we hadn't even got to talk to him, in which we got complimented for doing things "the right way".

Now there's Mcleish that apparently we're going to employ despite him resigning, despite a fan backlash, and in so wrong a way SHA want to get an injunction to stop it?

Come on, the Mcleish stories go against EVERYTHING that's previously been reported, lets just wait and see what pans out.

The McLeish situation is different because we have direct quotes supporting the information. We have quotes from McLeish stating that he was interested in the job, quotes from the board members at BCFC stating that we've been in contact with them and that they are seeking compensation for McLeish quitting and now we've had a lengthy post defending McLeish from a member of our own board! (Assuming it's genuine that is).

Either everyone involved is conspiring in the worlds greatest diversionary tactic, or we really are getting McLeish in.

I can feel the hope in your statement. We will all wake up tomorrow from our nightmare, tune into sky sports, and see Moyes with PF gleaming back at us from the screen.

Then we will all be happy bunnies again 8)

And on that note I'm off to bed... :yawn:

I can't believe Villa are seriously approaching McLeish. That's fookin suicide. Drove his former club to relegation.

Villa are the most attractive jobs in the country, on par with Tottenham I'd say. You don't need to appoint shite like him.

Wouldnt say were on par with tottenham at all, not anymore and this saga has just proved it. If we were that attractive we'd probably have a manager by now but as it stands were scraping the bottom of the barrel for names like mcleish.

We cannot appoint a boss who managed birmingham. That just goes against everything right in this world. They are our rivals. I mean I do like McLeish because he did play a big part in getting Birmingham relegated which is nice, but he cannot manage here. It seems we are getting pretty desperate.