• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General krulaks comments

AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry to disappoint you mate but those comments are almost certainly from the general. They got reposted on Facebook AFTER they appeared on another forum where the general posts, and that source has been verified. I'm absolutely certain that is the general and that is what the club think.

I'm as positive as anyone on here and I'll still be going to VP whoever they appoint but I've never been so disappointed in the club. My only hope is that it was just one of the interviews and not an appointment.

Thing is - if we don't get Mcleish who are we down to ?

Simon Grayson

Gus Poyet

Gary Mcalister

BTW - the generals post was copied from another forum - and Jon Fear (Vital Villa) has confirmed its geniune - it was copied onto facebook - but came from a Bona Fide account on another forum

Oh dear, perhaps it is going to be Mcleish.

I still dont truly believe that, but i'm now entertaining the idea of it as a possibility.

Whilst not ideal, Poyet, Coyle, Lambert even Grayson would represent better options.

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

a simple look at the league tables over the last 3 years tells you all you need to know about mccliesh and his football

and people were complaining about benitez?

i still dont believe the board would be so ignorant, theyhave been good so far, what would have changed for them to turn their backs on the investment and the fans?

as he said ages ago, smoke and mirrors.. i think it is moyes and MM is panicking and trying to put people off the scent incase it goes tits up as that seemed to have more momentum by the day.

So we'll take any old shit.

Scary times people, scary times.

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

I said yesterday that MM had been guessing all along. I got a few pelters for that.

I posted yesterday morning that McLeish was being considered, and people just kept on quoting drivel that MM had posted. 'See, MM says he aint coming here so just shut up youre wrong'.

This MM bloke has you lot hanging off his every word and wont hear a bad word said about him.

Mugs the lot of ya. :winkold:

Like i said yesterday...its McLeish.

I think we should go all out for Coyle, he plays a good brand of football, gives the youth a chance and seem fairly ambitious. Rafa another good option, as Moyes look more unlikely.

The only thing I will say, if the media carry on with this speculation and the fans keep reacting, it will make the manager job look more unappealing to any manager thinking about coming as he will think that the fans have a unrealistic ambition and basically are fickle.

Simon Grayson

Gus Poyet

Gary Mcalister

BTW - the generals post was copied from another forum - and Jon Fear (Vital Villa) has confirmed its geniune - it was copied onto facebook - but came from a Bona Fide account on another forum

Or we could show some ambition and give Moyes an offer he cant refuse.

I have a suggestion for Lerner-

Do you seek a manager who has twice won a top European league?

Do you seek a manager who has won the Champions League?

Do you seek a manager who has expressed a desire to manage an English club?

Do you seek a manager who has no health concerns?

Do you seek a manager who is known for his even disposition?

Do you seek a manager who is known for having his teams play attractive football?

Do you seek a manager who will excite Villa supporters?

Do you seek a manager who has a high profile in world football?

Do you seek a manager who can attract quality players?

Do you seek a manager who will inspire current Villa players to stay?

FRANK RIJKAARD, FOR GOD'S SAKE, it's clear as day!!!

Mysteryman

Meltdown begins guys!

Mystery Man doesn't know any more than the rest of us.

Sometimes he gets info but he hasn't had anything this time, that's for sure. Obviously the board don't want their dealings to leak.

Interesting to read in todays rags that McLeish in the transfer window asked Blues to buy Pavlyuchenko and Zamora but got Hleb and Bentley on loan. Seems to me he knew quality players would have got him outta the shit. Would have both of them at VP. My worry is Randy may offer him the job but also back him with big bucks to pacify the fans. Dunno but having renewed my season ticket I suppose as they say in for a penny....

Simon Grayson

Gus Poyet

Gary Mcalister

I would take any of the three above McLeish to be honest. At least the manager would have the fans behind him.

Problem is, even if we approached MU for Sir Alex there would be vocal hysteria on forums vehemently objecting to him, that's the nature of forums - most people don't think it through rationally, and the multiple posts from a vocal minority get the attention.

I'm still yet to see an actual link or screen shot to FB. Not some other forum, the actual post on Krulaks FB page. Until I do, I will not believe this is anything other than a total wind up. .

There is no way on this earth we will appoint McLeish.

**inserts head in sand**

God sake Pannu why only 5 million compo

Demand 50 million anything to put off our fool of a chairman appointing this mug

I wouldn't worry Ash.

As far as i know Randy has not had a breakdown.

We're not going so appoint him, not a chance, goes against so much.

The Generals post was more out of frustration with all the muppet fans making out they know more than them imo.

the problem is most fans DO know more than them when it comes to football.

No you dont.

Do you go to or view a large amount of games, know the personalities of players, have all your coaching badges and actually know about tactics rather than watching Match of the Day and saying player X is crap player Y is good.

Do you know how to run a football club, how to manage the accounts of a million pound company and know how things within the club work in relation to the manager?

No.

You've seriously lost if it you think you know enough to appoint a premier league manager.

So it wasn't the General posting on Facebook.... it was what he wrote on Vital that was copied by someone else onto Facebook...?

Anyone got a link to the Vital comments?

If so then I'll shut up and start worrying along with the rest of ya :D

So, am I the only person in the world that things McCleish could actually do ok here and is a decent manager?

However, if he were appointed (I don't think he will be) then sadly some elements of our support will work overtime to ensure he is never seen as a success, whatever he does.

Its pretty poor from Lerner if we are ingnoring hughes - because Lerner is business pals with the Fulham Owners - outrageuos.

Now we could end up in the high court to get a manager, that the fans are on the streets protesting against. - We can't really blame the media for calling us a circus can we ?