• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

This is fast becoming the biggest mess I can remember as a Villa fan. As I posted earlier, there is not one single reason why Alex McLeish should even be considered. It's completely illogical, from a football point of view and a financial point of view, not to mention the morale implications.

If this happens I will honestly be speechless. They're surely not that stupid? Surely? :?

Don't worry, Ancelotti will be appointed last friday. :)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to get over the fact of all these divertionary tactics as GK was once in the marines. Like someone mentioned, it would be highly unfair on McLeish wouldn't it? Using him as a pawn in our battle to keep the media in the dark?? I know we hate the blues, but come on; that is taking things a little too far.

McCleish wouldn't be being used as a pawn though would he. What have Villa done but respond to an email from BCFC accusing them of tapping him up...... as far as we know.

Then GK defend's the guy on a message board. A manager who I am told has had very good personal relationships with Randy Lerner and the rest of the Villa staff going back to MON days. Fostered when him and MON both managed in Glasgow.

In just the same manner as David Moyes and Gerard Houlier are on very good terms personally even though they were the greatest of rivals.

There's no way RL would let AM resign for a job simply as a tactic... no one in their right mind thinks that.

McCleish is now claiming constuctive dismissal, if that is the case then at the moment none of us know the reasons but it's public knowledge that McCleish does not get on with his Chairman and hasn't done for a long time.

This is fast becoming the biggest mess I can remember as a Villa fan. As I posted earlier, there is not one single reason why Alex McLeish should even be considered. It's completely illogical, from a football point of view and a financial point of view, not to mention the morale implications.

If this happens I will honestly be speechless. They're surely not that stupid? Surely? :?

:lol::lol: Oh christ, don't remind me! That feels like a million miles away now!

Here was me prattling on about Carlo Ancelotti when all the time they were (possibly) plotting to secure the services of Alex **** McLeish. Sends a cold shiver down my spine!

Open wound and rub in salt, eh? Ouch.

We have gone from the hope of a PL coach who won the double a year ago to a PL coach who won a very differnt double this year - all in a weeks time. Carlo to dildo. Hero to vile villain (not villan) Mazzerati to a moped...sigh

I think people need to get over the fact of all these divertionary tactics as GK was once in the marines. Like someone mentioned, it would be highly unfair on McLeish wouldn't it? Using him as a pawn in our battle to keep the media in the dark?? I know we hate the blues, but come on; that is taking things a little too far.

McCleish wouldn't be being used as a pawn though would he. What have Villa done but respond to an email from BCFC accusing them of tapping him up...... as far as we know.

Then GK defend's the guy on a message board. A manager who I am told has had very good personal relationships with Randy Lerner and the rest of the Villa staff going back to MON days. Fostered when him and MON both managed in Glasgow.

In just the same manner as David Moyes and Gerard Houlier are on very good terms personally even though they were the greatest of rivals.

There's no way RL would let AM resign for a job simply as a tactic... no one in their right mind thinks that.

McCleish is now claiming constuctive dismissal, if that is the case then at the moment none of us know the reasons but it's public knowledge that McCleish does not get on with his Chairman and hasn't done for a long time.

Sorry Julie, but i'm too tired for a debate now. I expect McLeish as our manager by Thursday at the latest. Sleep well fellow Villans

what is with the whole bitching system over every manager!?

Blues won a trophy under McCleish does that not make him some exalted form of miracle worker :D?

We have strong potential going forward, I feel McCleish will recreate that strong back line we once relied on... However now we have a 20+ goals a season striker and young attacking prospects.

No matter who is appointed this club is ours, I have faith in what i belong to even if a glorified chimp dictates our game (though he left last season =/.)

In my opinion Pannu is using this situation like Whelan did. He wants to get his fans behind the Birmingham board who lets be honest aren't exactly the most popular down the road. He knows the real reason McLeish quit and its not villa. Using Villa as the enemy is a great way to increase the popularity of Yeung and Co.

Also McLeish says he is interested in the job, well who can blame him. It's a massive step up for him and I'm sure he misses those big nights when he was at Rangers.

I just can't see it happening though. It makes no sense. I try and look for any reason why our board would appoint him and I don't see any logic. O'Neill made sense, Houllier made sense but this doesn't.

Can someone please link me to the direct quotes of McLeish saying he wants the job?

Ditto any direct quotes from Villa saying we have approached or are talking?

The only direct quotes in this whole saga come from this Pannu tosser and to be honest he is coming across in the media like a deranged lunatic.

Maybe we have decided to talk to McLeish now he is a free agent, maybe it is all smoke and mirrors.

But until we get some official advice from the club it is probably a little too early for this:

moviemob.jpg

Randy has just finished a season with an unpopular selection as manager, why would he enter into another season that would hold nothing but an immediate firestorm? Why would McLeish knowingly walked into this hornets nest? For Randy and McLeish the whole thing would be hazardous their mental health! And for Randy risking such a large loss of revenue has to factor into any decision he makes. Obviously the Board and Randy know how the vast majority of Villa faithful feel about the prospect of such an appointment. It will all be alright. (Right, Randy? Right? cross fingers and knock on wood)

Randy has just finished a season with an unpopular selection as manager, why would he enter into another season that would hold nothing but an immediate firestorm? Why would McLeish knowingly walked into this hornets nest? For Randy and McLeish the whole thing would be hazardous their mental health! And for Randy risking such a large loss of revenue has to factor into any decision he makes. Obviously the Board and Randy know how the vast majority of Villa faithful feel about the prospect of such an appointment. It will all be alright. (Right, Randy? Right? cross fingers and knock on wood)

Whilst laying in bed trying to sleep this is exactly what I was thinking/hoping

It's all a plan. Hint to McLeish he needs to leave so Villa can speak to him. McLeish leaves, leaving Blues without a manager who would most likely have taken them back up. Send an email saying they want to speak to McLeish, make sure the press knows he is 1st choice, force Blues into spending time and money and general annoyance trying to stop McLeish from getting a job at Villa, as well as all the press concentrating on McLeish updates... while in the background we go and hire Moyes.

A plan I tell ye!

Regardless, that email Villa sent to Blues (if it does actually exist and Pannu's not simply being a turd), sounds simply like a "**** you, we'll talk to whoever we want to if he's a free agent". If you look at all the articles - even Kendrick's - they all seem to base their assertion that we are fighting for him simply on this one email, which may or may not actually exist & has not been officially acknowledged by the club.

The only actual quotes floating around in these stories, apart from Pannu's, come from former players & managers & general rent-a-quotes, saying what a lovely chap Eck is.

Sorry, but my bullshit-o-meter is still swinging wildly, even with the General's alleged FB post.

Taking into account alot of different factors not to mention this situation is getting a bit messy. I personally think McCleish won’t become Villa manager.

I can see similarities to the Martinez scenario, McCleish is on our shortlist, we have simply approached the club asking about the availability of the manager. Panu's response, McCleish is'nt currently available without compensation (rumoured £2m - £5m). So unless Randy is desperate to get McCleish, I would guess he won't be proceeding further just like he did with Martinez.

This is how I hope (pray) it might turn out too.

I'd genuinely prefer Gary Mac over McLeish. At least we could argue then it was a form of continuity and we were keen to build on the hard work already completed last season.

An appointment as unambitious and lacking in vision as McLeish has the capacity to set us back years.

It's all a plan. Hint to McLeish he needs to leave so Villa can speak to him. McLeish leaves, leaving Blues without a manager who would most likely have taken them back up. Send an email saying they want to speak to McLeish, make sure the press knows he is 1st choice, force Blues into spending time and money and general annoyance trying to stop McLeish from getting a job at Villa, as well as all the press concentrating on McLeish updates... while in the background we go and hire Moyes.

A plan I tell ye!

Bollocks I say, if we are going to get Moyes, we would have got him by now. All this BS about waiting for Everton to get a new manager is laughable. Smokescreen and all, it's just bollocks.

We are just taking our time, it'd Randy's second appointment, he took 2 months last time and that was during the season.

i'm pretty positive when it comes to the board; I tend to trust what they say and do. All I can say is that I hope they know what they're doing. I still know what I think is happening and I hope it comes through, then Villa can laugh at the media and the rest of the footballing world.

However, the more this goes on, the more my confusion turns to worry. I really **** hope we're taking the piss and we get our man.