• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The uproar is from people who cant see past the fact he was Blues manager. I can see why they might be unhappy but its childish to be honest.

IF (and thats a big if) McLeish is appointed he will get my full support.

Wind up surely.. I don't care whether or not he has managed SHA.. the football is dire.. I couldn't watch that nonsense.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wasn't the General posting on Facebook.... it was what he wrote on Vital that was copied by someone else onto Facebook...?

Anyone got a link to the Vital comments?

If so then I'll shut up and start worrying along with the rest of ya :D

Blunther, i'm on your side on this i don't believe everything i see or hear.The facebook thing was actually posted as a message on facebook to a member of vital villa who has GK as a "friend" on there..it was a private reply but could be seen by other members of VV one of whom posted it on the forum.

The guy then removed it from his facebook page..unfotunately too late.

Maradona10 wrote:

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

We're doomed!!

I can't beleive Lerner will appoint McCleish I will be absolutely staggered if we do because of the history of the Browns. But then as we were told he has history of leaving it to others to pick the right coach. If RL is in Corsica with GH, then I sincerely hope GH gives him some sound advice. Don't do it!

Can you imagine LFC appointing Moyes as manager or Walter Smith or Ally McCoist crossing the divide to Celtic?! It's just not done!

But the thing is, plenty of people said on here they'd welcome McLeish here when Blues were doing well last year, people respected him but simply put, he got a team who should be finishing 12th-14th ish ...relegated ....for the second time.

Forget Blues for a second, he's just clearly not good enough.

Then obviously you add the fact about Blues and it goes from a 3/10 appointment to a 1/10 appointment. 1 on the basis he's alive.

My guess is that the club still haven't mind their mind up who they want and are still talking to potential candidates. I think it seems clear they may want to talk to McLeish but that doesn't mean it will be him

Finally some sense, from someone.

I don't want this football club to be Bolton. I want this club to be where I believe it belongs towards the top of the league.

We're not a flipping Bolton.. This club should be in the shadow of no one.. We're the top dogs in the UK's 2nd largest city!!

If it does turn out to be McCleish then I'll support him I suppose but no way am I travelling 180 miles to watch dross week in week

out. Like I said it's not so much where he came from it's the style of football his last PL team played that totally uninspires me.

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

I said yesterday that MM had been guessing all along. I got a few pelters for that.

I posted yesterday morning that McLeish was being considered, and people just kept on quoting drivel that MM had posted. 'See, MM says he aint coming here so just shut up youre wrong'.

This MM bloke has you lot hanging off his every word and wont hear a bad word said about him.

Mugs the lot of ya. :winkold:

Like i said yesterday...its McLeish.

"I told you so's" really do say a lot about a person in my opinion, people want to hold on to any hope they can, and ITK posts help no matter if they are wrong or right.

Nobody likes a smart arse and its not done yet as bad as it is looking.

Not so much of a told you so, more of a wake up call to the numptys who believe every word this bloke writes.

I posted a bit of ITK yesterday and got abuse for it. Uncalled for. Dare i say it, you were probably one of the ones dishing out the abuse.

My hope:

That MM and the rest of us have been caught up in the latest smokescreen from the club.

The club must know that MM repeats a lot of the things that he hears, therefore maybe they've fed him a line to keep him off the scent.

Cannot laugh loud enough at your hope mate, that really is the furthest fetched thing iv heard yet!

The uproar is from people who cant see past the fact he was Blues manager. I can see why they might be unhappy but its childish to be honest.

The uproar is because of a manager whos achieved didly squat and 37 goals scored in the 2010 premier league, the lowest number scored of all 20 teams in that league. Perfect relegation form...oh and they got relegated.

Awful manager, long ball defensive shite that doesnt...proven time and time again....work in the premier league.

DVIN spot on, i really don't think McLeish will change his style either, he will always play not to lose it's that simple, you have to consider he's not very good at that either considering the dicks been relegated twice but you know what i'm optimistic i think there's no way he will be manager, something just isn't right about the whole thing, e-mails, general, something fishy. We're either playing the media for fools or we're going for someone else, McLeish just doesn't fit into what Randy was setting out to do, you don't go from Martinez to McLeish.

If he was a very good manager, then I could accept taking him from Blues. I still wouldn't be happy about it, but I could see the logic.

However, he isn't. He's a terrible manager. The worst football in the league last season and 2 relegations in 3 premier league seasons.

He's not good enough, not by a long long long shot. The blues connection is just the vomit on top of the shit-cake

I don't think I've given an opinion on McLeish one way or another - so now I will

I believe McLeish would do an ok job at Villa - better players more money etc.

I also believe that we would be a solid mid table team. Nothing more. Guaranteed PL places year in year out but neither challenging or relegated. We would be Bolton.

I don't want this football club to be Bolton. I want this club to be where I believe it belongs towards the top of the league.

There are more exciting, inspiring choices available, I'll support who ever gets the job, because I support this club. But McLeish won't inspire me.

You might say he will have more money but he spent 40m over the past two years with the blose and got relegated.

This appointment will take us backwards, we will lose any hope of Bannan, Albrighton and co making it, they will be forced to watch as the ball goes over their heads.

I'm not sure about McLeish's abilities as a manager. I'm even less sure that he's going to take the club forward, which is hopefully what the next management appointment will be an attempt to do.

I'm not blinded by the fact he's an ex-Blue, he's just not as good as other available candidates out there, imo.

I just want them club to tell us why they think hes worth the Aston Villa job. Former Birmingham manager aside... despite his poor record in the Premier League.. and the dire football...

Why do we want him?

Because hes a nice bloke? He won in Scotland (big deal......)

Why would they chose Mcleish over all the other targets that have been available? to me it seems cost. Hes the cheapest option. IMO hes not proven himself as a good manager.. he even had a average record before his Rangers move.

If all the other managers are rejecting the job.. then why are they? Not enough transfer money? (Rafa)

Someone give me a reason.. I cannot see it for the life of me.

Dont tell me the negatives.. i know them.. WHY is he the right choice over the other candidates?

If i had to put money on it, i would have to split it between Moyes and Hughes. There are a few things that make a good case for either of them to be the one. These are 2 possible scenarios...

Moyes - we know Randy wanted him last year before GH, so we know he is a choice of the board. BK stated a few weeks ago that there is no money to spend and he would have to sell to buy. Moyes stated that without money that he thinks 7th is as good as it will get for Everton. he also stated that he is ambitious and wants to win trophies.

To me this suggests that he is growing tired of not having the backing at Everton and would be open to other options.

But the one thing that keeps my hopes up is, if there is nothing in it why hasn't someone from Everton come and and dismiss the rumour as a lot of people up there are talking about it also? We know we approached Wigan and Fulham, and we know we approached Everton last year, surely we would have approached them again?? The silence from both clubs makes Moyes my favourite.

Hughes - we know Fulham were approached, but we were told no. Hughes then resigned thinking he would have a clear run, we said we don't do that. Well maybe part of letting the press have their field day and letting the likes of Wigan say we tried to get their manager and we did it all in the right way is all part of waiting until July 1st so we can get Hughes. Then when Fulham try to get money out of us we can say we didn't want him, we tried other avenues without luck and Hughes was number xxx on our list and the only other (best) option left to us. No compensation to pay.

The longer it goes the more i would favour Hughes, but at the moment my favourite would be Moyes. However i wouldn't rule something out from Leftfield Like Klinsmann, Deschamps, Rijkaard etc.

I would be very surprised if it was someone like McLeish though and don't for one minute buy into the fact that he is being considered. I truly believe that it is coincidence that he left whilst we are looking and that he left because he was sick of having no money to spend and being told to sell his best players.

And...

I can't understand how anyone can get on the backs of the board? they have done nothing but good since coming here and deserve the chance to get the right man in. They do this behind closed doors as is always the case and the best way to do it. At this time of year most of the Football world is on Holiday so it is most likely that the man we are after is away on holiday with his family somewhere and we have to wait for them to get back. Do we want the club to come out with a statement that our number 1 target is xxxx xxxx and is on holiday until such a time or do we want them to wait until they get a chance to speak with him and try to persuade him? Moyes may well have been approached and has gone on Holiday to think about it?

The club won't put out statements every time we are linked to someone and i am surprised they did with McLaren. hopefully they have stopped reading this board as they will be putting out club statements every we get a new link and this place goes into meltdown.

I've never seen a board have so much shite written on it as this last week or so, and all from what? stuff we read in the paper, it just goes to show you how much sway the British Press has and how gullable we all are!

ask yourselves one question...After all that Randy and the board have done for us, do you trust them or the press more???

i think the answer to that is simple...

UTV

No mate. I actually think hes a decent manager. Not saying that he would be my first choice, of course not. But he IS a good manager. Ask anybody within the game and they will all tell you the same thing.

IF (and thats a big if) McLeish is appointed he will get my full support.

I agree with all of this. Blues are woeful and any manager would have struggled to keep them up. He, like most managers made a few mistakes when he was at Blues but i dont think he would do a bad job at Villa. We could get a lot better and it is dissapointing but the board just dont seem to share the same ambition as the fans do.

Like Stevo, I do not consider myself a particularly negative fan, and unlike a lot of moaners we have. But this really is it isn't it? After all the "smoke and mirrors", the general's call for patience, the secrecy of the club's business...

Alex McCleish.

I am NOT going over the top when I say from my tender 27 years of age that this will be the worst appointment we've made in my short time as a Villa fan. We took a man who got our illustrius neighbours relegated twice after he sent an email to quit after overlooking Mark Hughes for a similar incident.

You only need to look at the back pages of The Sun (*spits*) to see that we are geniunely now a laughing stock. It's impossible to overlook the media now, we're getting it from everyone.

This is a **** disaster. Sweep this shit under the carpet and do a U-Turn, get Hughes in or Rijkaard...he WANTS the job for Christ's sake. It's starting to look like Forest have had the last laugh by appointing Steve McfeckingClaren, and that's really something.

We're not a flipping Bolton.. This club should be in the shadow of no one.. We're the top dogs in the UK's 2nd largest city!!

If it does turn out to be McCleish then I'll support him I suppose but no way am I travelling 180 miles to watch dross week in week

out. Like I said it's not so much where he came from it's the style of football his last PL team played that totally uninspires me.

I totally agree - we're not. BUT we could/would be if we appoint McLeish.

He'd have a massive mountain to climb if he came - but if he was able to string results together the quality of football would soon be forgotten...... after all MON didn't exactly play "the beautiful game" did he?

Not that I give a shit what McCleish thinks but why on earth would you take a job where your going to be despised from day one?

This..with everything being said about all the groups started and apparent Protests do you realy see him wantin to come here?possibly does but he must know that from day 1 he will be under more pressure than anyone else we may have appointed surely?

Even if we was to go to him and offer him the job i just don't see him Accepting

Whats wrong with Mark Hughes btw? WHy do the club feel they can hire Alex McCleish but not Mark Hughes? THey really couldnt buy a clue if they put all their money together could they?

Mark Hughes = a gazillion times the manager McCrap will ever be.