• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

can you read?

Indeed.

if so, maybe read again what i said and this time engage your brain as well

how can someone completely misread a very basic analogy so badly?

Lets take a look at that analogy again:

just because you have never driven before and you buy a ferrari doesnt mean you can drive it as well as someone who has driven for 15 years and cant afford a ferrari

So... If my grandad buys a Ferrari (he can't afford one, he's been driving for 15 years at least)....

he can drive it better than my son (who has never driven before on his own but, sadly, can't afford a Ferrari either).

Tell me, how did I misread that?

You are intimating that experience automatically makes you better. I provided a simple example where that is not the case.

and you think the board are experts on all things football?

oh dear.

I don't remember saying that.

I do remember saying that suggesting the board know less than your average fan was insulting.

After all, you don't really think your average medium-term fan is an expert on all things football, do you?

Oh dear.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I the only person in the world that things McCleish could actually do ok here and is a decent manager?

However, if he were appointed (I don't think he will be) then sadly some elements of our support will work overtime to ensure he is never seen as a success, whatever he does.

Is Mcleish honestly the best available ? - in 3 premier league seasons - 2 of them have ended in relegation.

Mark Hughes IMO is a better manager - and is currently unemployed - ok we need fulhams permission - but thats only similar to Mcleish

Or we could show some ambition and give Moyes an offer he cant refuse.

Ah the old show enough ambition to bring ANY manager to the club.

Or perhaps whatever you offer them they wont come and i dont think we're allowed to hold a gun to their head either.

ercqpt.gif

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

This Mysteryman quote worries me because I know who his contacts are and if they're saying that then it is looking increasingly like McCleish is the one they are looking to give the job to.

I asked way back on here if this "meltdown" would be a positive or negative one and judging by the reaction on here it is looking like it could be a negative one.

The General's comments also look genuine but I guess anyone that follows him could have constructed a similar looking comment, I guess. If they are the General's real thoughts then it seems the board have lost the plot because they won't consider someone like Hughes for what he has done but they will consider McCleish, that doesn't seem right at all!

I cannot wait for this to all end and hear what the club say aftwards. With the vitriol aimed at McCleish, it would take some serious balls of steel from Randy to appoint him. It would show a complete disrespect for the overall majority view of the fan base and it would be very damaging for the relationship he has with the fans who think the sun shines out of his arse.

I want to see a statement from the club stating they have no interest at all in McCleish, otherwise they will always be tainted by this affair even if they go on to appoint someone else, even if it is a Moyes or a Van Gaal.

I've heard to settle this argument about Mcleish, Faulkner and Pannu have agreed to a chairmans grudge match, reminiscent of the big daddy/ giant haystacks era of the80's.

They're both set to wear leotards and have agreed that Faulkner can hold Pannu in a headlock whilst the villa fans around the ring chant 'easy easy'. Mcleish is set to be elevated on a throne in a dodgy blonde wig and lipstick and offered as the 'prize' to the victor.

Graham Taylor is said to be 'shocked and disappointed' at the match, instead hoping the matter could be settled with a best of three thumb wrestling contest.

(Any chance this might be picked up by the press? After all its completely fictitious and is not backed up by any official quotes at all)

:winkold:

Or we could show some ambition and give Moyes an offer he cant refuse.

Ah the old show enough ambition to bring ANY manager to the club.

Or perhaps whatever you offer them they wont come and i dont think we're allowed to hold a gun to their head either.

ercqpt.gif

I think Hughes would come ?

FRANK RIJKAARD, FOR GOD'S SAKE, it's clear as day!!!

I really would like to know if Rijkaard has been approached at least. The ramifications of McLeish being appointed do not bear thinking about. Especially if they haven't even spoken with Rijkaard. I'm aware the list of available managers was weak but two outstanding candidates without a present position are Louis van Gaal and Frank Rijkaard. Now it may be the case that both have told us to do one and that better be the **** case before McLeish gets the job.

This club are been made to look like a complete and utter laughing stock and it will carry on and on if we do appoint McCleish. Everyone of us must on a daily basis keep been laughed at by fans of other clubs this is now getting pathetic.

At the end of the day the media are making us all out to look clowns and until the club come out and pacify this it will continue. All it takes is one of them to act like a MAN and stand up make a bold statement to main stream media and it will all be sorted. However, they are not and them keep posting rubbish on message boards, facebook even the home site makes us look idiots they need to make it main stream, tell the truth and shut the media up.

There are true Villa fans who are only getting information from main stream media etc and are getting truly pissed off with what is going on and have already lost respect for the board.

If they then do appoint McCleish they will lose straight away another huge section of the villa supporters. What then happens if we lose the first game of the season, a huge lot of more supporters will be lost and by then there is no turning back the manager will have lost the fans.

The board need to do the right thing at the moment it is poor. Whoever is advising what they are doing is clueless.

So, am I the only person in the world that things McCleish could actually do ok here and is a decent manager?

However, if he were appointed (I don't think he will be) then sadly some elements of our support will work overtime to ensure he is never seen as a success, whatever he does.

Is Mcleish honestly the best available ? - in 3 premier league seasons - 2 of them have ended in relegation.

Mark Hughes IMO is a better manager - and is currently unemployed - ok we need fulhams permission - but thats only similar to Mcleish

I would rate McCleish and Hughes on pretty much the same level. McCleish never really had a great deal to work with at the shite and better managers would still have faced difficulty.

That's not to say he would be my first choice (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th for that matter), but I accept that (a) my choices may not be available, whatever the board are offering and (B) my choices are not necessarily the best choices.

My hope:

That MM and the rest of us have been caught up in the latest smokescreen from the club.

The club must know that MM repeats a lot of the things that he hears, therefore maybe they've fed him a line to keep him off the scent.

Maradona10 wrote:

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

We're doomed!!

I can't beleive Lerner will appoint McCleish I will be absolutely staggered if we do because of the history of the Browns. But then as we were told he has history of leaving it to others to pick the right coach. If RL is in Corsica with GH, then I sincerely hope GH gives him some sound advice. Don't do it!

Can you imagine LFC appointing Moyes as manager or Walter Smith or Ally McCoist crossing the divide to Celtic?! It's just not done!

Mysteryman

Meltdown begins guys!

I said yesterday that MM had been guessing all along. I got a few pelters for that.

I posted yesterday morning that McLeish was being considered, and people just kept on quoting drivel that MM had posted. 'See, MM says he aint coming here so just shut up youre wrong'.

This MM bloke has you lot hanging off his every word and wont hear a bad word said about him.

Mugs the lot of ya. :winkold:

Like i said yesterday...its McLeish.

"I told you so's" really do say a lot about a person in my opinion, people want to hold on to any hope they can, and ITK posts help no matter if they are wrong or right.

Nobody likes a smart arse and its not done yet as bad as it is looking.

I don't think I've given an opinion on McLeish one way or another - so now I will

I believe McLeish would do an ok job at Villa - better players more money etc.

I also believe that we would be a solid mid table team. Nothing more. Guaranteed PL places year in year out but neither challenging or relegated. We would be Bolton.

I don't want this football club to be Bolton. I want this club to be where I believe it belongs towards the top of the league.

There are more exciting, inspiring choices available, I'll support who ever gets the job, because I support this club. But McLeish won't inspire me.

No mate. I actually think hes a decent manager. Not saying that he would be my first choice, of course not. But he IS a good manager. Ask anybody within the game and they will all tell you the same thing.

The uproar is from people who cant see past the fact he was Blues manager. I can see why they might be unhappy but its childish to be honest.

IF (and thats a big if) McLeish is appointed he will get my full support.

My guess is that the club still haven't mind their mind up who they want and are still talking to potential candidates. I think it seems clear they may want to talk to McLeish but that doesn't mean it will be him

I don't consider myself a negative poster. In fact, quite the opposite. A lot of the time I'm probably too optimistic.

but IF the club were to appoint McLeish, I'd consider it the worst decision the club has made in my time as a supporter.