• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The board need to do something quickly to put peoples minds at ease, I was up until 1:30am reading and re-reading the forums knowing they wouldnt give me any info but I couldnt sleep cuz the thought big eck being manager has really got me deeply troubled

Do you think the board realise what this sort of thing does to people? I can't relax I can't sleep I can't work

All I can do is keep refreshing the forums in the hope that something will come to light through that cuz we really ain't getting **** all from the club

(sorry about spelling and grammar but this was done on my phone whilst on the bus)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moyes says again "im not interested"

Who would u want realistically?

I wouldn't mind Rafa/hughes/flores.. though realistically with the names floating around I wish Houllier was still here imo... he no doubt had targets in his head and was also talking to agents, such a shame he was ill though.

See poll at the the top of this thread.

Don't expect to see McLeish up there any time soon :lol:

Hes happy to waste 20-30 million with an average manager like Mcleish who buys players like Zigic etc. Why not just spend the money on a good high class manager who will spend it more wisely.

McLeish did not buy Zigic, his board did, without his knowledge. That is why the guy didn't get played, because his manager did not rate him.

McLeish has left the shit because of their transfer policy, signing players that he doesn't want, and putting players he wants to keep up for sale. On top of that they are a board who do not, because they cannot, come through with promises.

Apart from the forum/twitter/media speculation, the only connection between Aston Villa and McLeish has come from the BCFC side, with a threat of legal action if we talk to him, a threat that has received a response that any decent business would give, regardless of whether they want to talk to him or not.

I made the point yesterday that AM is a decent man, who shows honesty and respect to all, unlike some other football managers that others on here would prefer. Some of the bile aimed towards him on this and other boards is quite disgraceful.

And if McLeish does end up in the frame, and with the job, he will be the first manager since GT who puts Aston Villa first, ahead of his own precious ego.

I just don't understand why a brilliant manager like Rijkaard who wants the job is overlooked for the likes of McLeish and Martinez :bonk:

No disrespect to Randy and the General but those two and Paul Faulkner aren't football people.

i think it is all an elaborate ploy , MM stated ages ago about smoke and mirrors

it would explain why the media have all a long thought we were lining up shit managers

i mean look at the lot of crap that they have linked us with so far

hughes

mcclaren

martinez

grayson

mcliesh

rumoured talk and fans expectations dropping like a sack of shit and in desperation some would then settle of

coyle

poyet

the only 2 managers that are any good, benitez and moyes have been linked but benitez not even having talks? which leaves moyes who apparently said no 4 weeks ago.

the media have clearly decided that we are the new hate figures and figures of ridicule, they will be waiting for anything now and will put a negative spi on it. like dog bite stories, when 1 kid gets bit they hunt out all the local papers around the uk for other none stories and make sensational headlines from them

while there is not much coming out of villa park apart from an ill advised comment from the general saying something like it doesn tmatter who we appoint as long as they 'fit' the club and so on...

i doubt very much they would be willing to see 200 million go down the toilet, see the crowds drop down to 25k, see any decent player walk, see shit football and shit results.

the owner has made some mistakes but has got 90% of things bang on so far, i dont expect him to make a mistake which would ruin everything.

he knows and he will have advisors coming out of his ears telling him, that unlike american throwing ball, football is completely different.

appoint a shit manager and see what happens.

the club he has spent time and money on will tumble down the league and then the fans who admired him and all he had done will eventually turn their backs on him.

all because there would have been no need to appoint a shit manager

so i think we will either be having advanced talks with moyes or someone of a higher calibre

mcliesh? lol

Approaching 10,000 members in the Facebook group 'Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want McLeish'. Mentions of a protest tonight at 6pm and tomorrow at 6pm. I've joined the group as no way in hell do I want him at our club, however I'm not convinced that a protest is called for just yet, being that we don't know the full story.

And how many of those are Bluenoses trying to create an aura for the press of disarray at the Villa?

Really, the people who start these things are not very bright..

Mate I consider myself a level headed bloke, all the shit in the press I have ignored, but I am now thinking that our targets were Martinez and Eck, two relegation form managers, if we pay anything to get Mcleash I will support him bit be very disillusioned with out great club.

I wouldn't mind Rafa/hughes/flores.. though realistically with the names floating around I wish Houllier was still here imo... he no doubt had targets in his head and was also talking to agents, such a shame he was ill though.

There were actually quite a few of us who wanted to see Houllier given more time and a full pre-season. Unfortunately the voices of the impatient, ungrateful and blinkered are often the loudest. I will support the Villa whoever our manager is. AM is certainly not up there in my list of preferences and, as yet, I have no reason to believe he is up there in the Board's.

God sake Pannu why only 5 million compo

Demand 50 million anything to put off our fool of a chairman appointing this mug

I wouldn't worry Ash.

As far as i know Randy has not had a breakdown.

We're not going so appoint him, not a chance, goes against so much.

The Generals post was more out of frustration with all the muppet fans making out they know more than them imo.

It seems to be perfect wind up to send e-mail by our board to Shitties that McLeish is free to talk :) and they have eaten it perfectly a.k.a. 5M compo - laughing stock :)

Perfect cover. I think that our board members have great sense of humour.

I am still convinced that AM is not a target to be our manager.