• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I can't believe this, We are approaching McLeish. I'm just shocked.

GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB RANDY LERNER. **** OFF BACK TO AMERICA. YOU DONT DO THIS OVER HERE.

you just believe everything you read. you wanna lay off the liffey water.

The fact we're approaching him is all I need to know. Once Kenderick prints it it's true imo. We approached him, that shows Randy doesn't give a ****.

I lost faith in him after the MON walk out, I hate Randy Lerner now.

Kendrick has printed loads of shite so far.

What has MON done to deserve your unending admiration? He crippled the club with an unsustainable wage bill for players he fell out with and just ignored. Should Lerner have just paid for all of MONs mistakes until time ended?

It seems this vendetta is more a MON loving than being anti-Lerner, he went against your darling boy so now you can't do anything but spout bile against him.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB RANDY LERNER. **** OFF BACK TO AMERICA. YOU DONT DO THIS OVER HERE.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a WINNER!!!

The prize for the most ungrateful, pig-**** ignorant, over the top, factually bereft reaction goes to.....

C V Byrne.

The prize?

A season ticket at another club of your choice. My treat. We don't need idiots like you near this football club.

**** off newbie. Loads of you new **** crawling about the place these days.

:| You're the most miserable person I've ever seen. People like you are the reason why so many people have stopped posting.

The abuse you give out is embarassing and most of it is jumping to a conclusion when nothing has happened at the club. I've saved a lot of your posts and I hope you're embarrassed in a few weeks time yourself.

Seems to me that the majority are upset just because he managed SHA.

To be quite frank, outside of the end of last season, McLeish has been a very successful manager. Even led Scotland to a 70% winning. Not to mention he managed to get **** SHA to 9th in the league and a cup.

I think he'd be a pretty good appointment, not the great appointment others like Ancelotti or Moyes would have been, but certainly not the disaster McClaren or Rafa would have been either.

I think he'd at least deserve time to prove himself either great or incompetent. However, I guess it is understandable to be upset over hiring a guy who coached SHA. That is...a bitter taste.

Actually no most ppl seem to be criticising him because of the woeful football played at the Blues and add 2 relegations recently.

To be relegated this season with all the rubbish in the league took some doing.

Google their goal stats of last few seasons . The most negative side in the Prem over the last few years has been McLeishs Birmingham.

Even most bluenoses tho very grateful for their league cup will soon tell you about the awful chore to watch football they had to watch.

Add then that we would likely have to pay Birmingham quite a bit of compensation - Then add the fact hes ALSO the Blues manager - it really wouldn't seem to make much sense.

McLeish has managed two places: Scotland and Birmingham City, i.e. his only experiences are the utter lowest forms of football known to humanity. This appointment would make no sense on any level.

And Rangers, where he managed to do quite well. Even made it to the Final 16 in CL, which is no small feat with a SPL team.

This would seem to be a natural progression in his career. He's pretty much proven himself everywhere that he can win.

you just believe everything you read. you wanna lay off the liffey water.

The fact we're approaching him is all I need to know. Once Kenderick prints it it's true imo. We approached him, that shows Randy doesn't give a ****.

I lost faith in him after the MON walk out, I hate Randy Lerner now.

I dont usually post, long time viwer of the site, but you have driven me to post.

Statements like that are exactly what is wrong with Villa fans, i've heard some absolute bile spouted at Villa Park in my time, but you dont deserve to set foot inside Villa Park spouting comments like that.

I would be hugely dissapointed if we hired AM, but until i see our new manager sitting in front of the press bein unveiled i refuse to believe anything i read or hear. Have you learnt nothing from the last few weeks? I've lost count of the amount of managers who were set to be appointed. Nobody knows anything.

Randy Lerner has been a saint since he took over our club. He has backed both managers to the hilt, Villa Park and bodymoor heath have had various face lifts, the fans have been treated with a respect i did not see once in the Ellis era. To say you "HATE" him is ridiculous, have you ever met him?

Get over yourself, you might be a minor celeb on Football 365, but wuth comments like that you are firmly Z list on here.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! Shall we wait until a manager is actually appointed before the protests start? If we're desperate enough to be going for Mcleish there can't be many other options left and a few blokes holding a banner behind whichever clearing in the woods it is reporting for SSN isn't going to change much. Obviously I would hate to see Mcleish as manager but might as well wait until it is confirmed until I consider hanging myself.

I have a feeling this will get nasty. No one in the whole city, Us, them :puke: wants this. The board have finally lost the plot. Can you imagine the atmosphere if we drew them in the cup?

Bent must be looking forward to the new season with Downing and Young gone.

To be quite frank, outside of the end of last season, McLeish has been a very successful manager. Even led Scotland to a 70% winning. Not to mention he managed to get **** SHA to 9th in the league and a cup.

maybe some are upset because of the blues connection. doesnt bother me. what does bother me is that the guy is not good enough for us.

yes he got blues to 9th, won the cup etc and he did it working under 2 of the worst boards in football. thats pretty good

but he also got them relegated twice, and his team plays some of the most dull, boring football ever. the relegations alone completely outweigh any good things he did at blues. the fact that villa are (allegedly) even considering him for the job given this is shocking. in what possible way is a guy who has been in charge for 2 relegations in 3 years the person to take over at villa and lead us forward.

I am not going to say i will boycott the club etc, but i have had a season ticket for 20 years and the last 3 seasons i have had to work saturdays therefore i missed about 6 games last season. i have been in two minds about getting one this year, but if its mcliesh i will not bother and just take in the odd game here and there when i could. i am sure there is loads more fans like me. please not mcliesh please God help us
One minute you say your not going to boycott the club , next minute you say you will if mcleish is appointed , villa are better off with fans like you staying away , we should all support the team no matter what

Having a peek at this thread every couple of days as I'm on me hollyers. From what I've read only one thing is certain. The average Villa fan today is far more deluded and full of sniveling self important shite than the average Geordie, redscouse or spuds fan. Before you lot question what's happening to our great club ask this question: what the **** has happened to our once great fans?

He's never let us down before and I've just read a tweet from someone who knows and works with alot of ex players saying "Chill" so I am heartened.....

I HOPE!!

Here is MM's ITK about McGinger earlier....

"Quote from: MYSTERYMAN on June 13, 2011, 12:55:01 PM

I was feeling pretty shit from the moment on Sat night we had wind of the McCleish story ( I should have known better ) until I got a call around 10.50 pm last night and now things are looking a lot lot better . General Krulack wasn't in the Marines for nothing an expert on divertionary tactics which are coming in handy at the moment as our lads sit in the trenches waiting for the call to go over the top "

I think he'd be a pretty good appointment, not the great appointment others like Ancelotti or Moyes would have been, but certainly not the disaster McClaren or Rafa would have been either.

I think he'd at least deserve time to prove himself either great or incompetent. However, I guess it is understandable to be upset over hiring a guy who coached SHA. That is...a bitter taste.

Actually no most ppl seem to be criticising him because of the woeful football played at the Blues and add 2 relegations recently.

To be relegated this season with all the rubbish in the league took some doing.

Google their goal stats of last few seasons . The most negative side in the Prem over the last few years has been McLeishs Birmingham.

Even most bluenoses tho very grateful for their league cup will soon tell you about the awful chore to watch football they had to watch.

Have to admit, I haven't seen sha on the pitch much, outside of when they lose to Villa. I'm quite sure, though, that it could be because they are sha and they simply suck.

That being said, success is success. Hard to say the first relegation was his fault as he took over in Jan. The second, yeah that seems to be his own fault.

Do you think if its McCleish he would bring back Gardner and Ridgewell. Worst silver lining ever? Yes I think so too.

I wouldn't be happy if its McCleish, I don't think any Villa fan would be happy, but some could probably live with it.

If it is McCleish, or if the Board even have talks with him, I think they are taking a big risk, potentially risking their entire credibility on this. I would be suprised to hear "Sack the Board" chants etc.

Also, if its McCleish, on some level I have to say fair play to Randy, and McCleish, they've got some balls. The only thing I can think of in my lifetime that was anything like this was when George Graham went to manage Spurs.

Anyway, I think everyone needs to calm down. There is nothing concrete on this at all. If those words were that of the General, it still doesn't actually mean anything, he may just have been hypothesising or deflecting attention, or trying to explain to "Richard" that the fans have already ensured the board ignored McClaren and they can't do this with every possible candidate - thats not how you run a football club.

Saying that, I don't want McCleish, but I think I will refrain from going absolutely mental until I see a press conference where he is unveiled as manager. Until then I will cling to the hope that we are after Ranieri (my first choice) as he is decent enough 'name' and has good premiership experience.

In summary - people need to calm down before they have a coronary.