• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Thoughts on the probability of Mcleish to villa.

1.If we wanted him we would have gone via the blues board - and would have been prepared to pay some Compo

2.If Everton wanted him - they might not have been so willing to pay compo - and asked Mcleish to quit

3.He was signing players last week - so this must be a recent development.

4.If not Villa or Everton bound WTF is he going

5.Something in the generals post - about not making an appointment to appease the fans - well he may have been good to his word.

6.If we made a move for a bloke who avoided relegation by one goal - then one who gets relegated by one goal (and wins a cup) isn't in the opinion of the board beneath us

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new manager will get my support. I don't care where he has come from and what his cv is. This club has been mine for 40 years and i'm not going anywhere.

At last, someone I can fully agree with. UTV

Ok, trying to stay positive in an extremely stressful period... Hughes didn't get the Villa job when he resigned... Mcleish won't either... surely?

If he does then Randy better be prepared for some serious shit coming his way.

Hmmm haven't you been giving fans shit recently for having a similar attitude to this?

I was worried when Martinez didn't even want to talk to us and I'm worried now.

Don't post on here much at weekends, but felt the need to log on. Whilst I don't want to start throwing aspersions and thinly veiled threats, I would like to echo the views of many others in saying I would be dismayed, shocked, staggered, appalled and, well, pissed off if McLeish was even to be approached let alone given the job.

Even the Noses don't want him. Should that not say enough.

Come on Randy and PF, put out a statement (like you did with Hughes) explaining that this is purely coincidental.

As had been said above, I can accept the team being average but I would rather eat my own faeces than see him in charge of this fantastic club.

Hope its not McLeish but if it is whats the point in saying you would boycott Villa? Loads of people on here saying they would happily sign their better players. As far as I am aware McLeish isn't a fan of SHA he just managed them.

I find it slightly concerning that nobody other than our supposed ITKs is reporting that Moyes is coming here

Point taken.... but then if it's not true why have we had no ITK's about the one who is coming? As we did when Houllier was appointed?

Maybe because they know cock all? Or maybe because the press are right and we really have failed to land any of our targets?

if mclaren was not appointed because of fans outrage do you honestly think randy would appoint someone twice as bad because of his bloser roots? come on not going to happen

on a side note mccliesh is a legend though relegated them twice then dumps them by email. brilliant! :lol:

The new manager will get my support. I don't care where he has come from and what his cv is. This club has been mine for 40 years and i'm not going anywhere.

At last, someone I can fully agree with. UTV

Even if the managerial appointment is so non-sensical that it completely defies any logic or belief?

McLeish's win percentage at the scum is 36%, and that includes the times they were in the championship, so for me he's a no! If we can't attract a top name (Carlo, Moyes etc), then for me it has to be Hughes, but that means this going on until July, and that would seriously stress everyone out!!!

In Randy we trust! UTV

Birmingham Mail phoned me to ask for a reaction. I said he hasnt been appointed yet and if he was it would the most stupid appointment and a catastrophic one. I put the theory up of Moyes to us and then asked her what their office thought and she said the consensus was McCleish was going to Villa.