• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Does this not tell you how bad things must be at the sty? He's obviously seen the sh!t that is happening and has logged on to his lap top.

If nothing else, I can smile that they're more in the brown stuff than us.

Don't want him anywhere near this club though

We he is reportedly on a £2m a year contract at blues - more than Houllier at Villa (I think) - A scary thought is that Neil Lennon odds have suddenly plummeted .............think I would prefer Mcleish.

There can't be another twist .......surely ?

McClaren

McLeish

Moyes

Lennon

Is there a rule the new manager has to be ginger?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who questioned Randy Lerner's judgement on asking Dave Whelan's permission to speak to Martinez.

Hope you're watching build up on EngU21's on SS1 with him and Peter Taylor, because his knowledge of all the youngsters in Spain & PL is impecabble.

Predicting big things for Kyle Walker at the tournament.

No offense intended Julie but so what?

I'm sure if it were France you could have Houllier sat there saying the same about England/France youth players.

Just because someone knows about the young players doesn't make them a good manager. Look at Stuart Pearce, or Peter Taylor or Gerard Houllier.

Martinez has managed two 16th place finishes which is nothing to be impressed about in my view whatever his knowledge of young players form England or Spain.

I have just now got the point where i am bored. Villa need to come out ASAP and say something, they are making us fans look laughing stock. I admire how Lerner has gone about things in the past but now its got to the point where Media and Bookies are making the club look very small time. All it takes is a bold statement to put it all to bed and they haven't said anything which is the worrying part at the moment.

I just hope..... hope..... hope we now will have Moyes in place or someone as good otherwise i feel they may have lost the major majority of Villa fans.

You know what mate, stop listening to Talkshit, stop buying papers etc. Then you won't care about any negative bollocks. They have inches to sell or listeners to attract.

As for losing the majority of fans, get real. Back ANY Manager, and the fans will soon turn up.

Everton fan in peace here!

Thought i'd just pass on the lowdown with Moyes. Most likely you'll have heard the comments from Phil McNulty about Moyes, these appear to have been given to Phil from our PR pesron.

A few people have said "Why hasnt there been a denial from Moyes?" Well there has. He spoke at the end of last season, and also a few weeks ago that he was not interested in the job, Alan Irivne also came out last week after speaking to Moyes and again confirmed he wasn't interested in the job. I honeslty dont know how many more times he has to distance himself from the position. It seems uninformed press and "ITK's" keep pushing the agenda when nothing is there, it's unfair on both sets of fans and hoepfully should be put to bed now.

No disrespect intended at all but I personally don't see Moyes to Villa being a logical step-up in his career. I've always viewed us and Villa as being in a very similair boat. Both teams with a rich heritage, strong fan bases but both looked down upon by wider media. A move to Villa would be a sideways step as we're both trapped under the glass ceiling of the champions league. A shame really.

Just tought i'd throw in thse few little bits and hopefully clear a couple of things. Hope the job hunt yields something for you and i'll pray alongside you that mcLeish doesn't get the job. i'd hang myself. Brum played the worst football in the PL for the last two years. Dire dire dire dire stuff and you deserve better than that hoof merchant.

A calm voice amidst all this madness.

Well posted.

I have just now got the point where i am bored. Villa need to come out ASAP and say something, they are making us fans look laughing stock. I admire how Lerner has gone about things in the past but now its got to the point where Media and Bookies are making the club look very small time. All it takes is a bold statement to put it all to bed and they haven't said anything which is the worrying part at the moment.

I just hope..... hope..... hope we now will have Moyes in place or someone as good otherwise i feel they may have lost the major majority of Villa fans.

The club isn't obliged to say anything. They should keep quiet and get on with the job of finding a manager. When all is signed and agreed they can hold a press conference for inbread useless hacks to wank over using any angle they want. They have done nothing but prove their cluelessness so far, guessing and making stuff up ato fit their agenda.

Frank Rijkaard told Dutch journo's that there is no contact with Villa but he's definitly interested.

On a side note: A Galatasaray fan told me about FR's situation at Galatasaray. FR tried to implement Barca's playstyle and wanted to purchase young talents. But the board decided to buy whoever they wanted, yes mostly players that FR didn't want. That was a huge factor for Galatasaray ending on 8th place. I

He's a good manager but quite risky. Especially in the first couple of seasons.

Thought i'd just pass on the lowdown with Moyes. Most likely you'll have heard the comments from Phil McNulty about Moyes, these appear to have been given to Phil from our PR pesron.

A few people have said "Why hasnt there been a denial from Moyes?" Well there has. He spoke at the end of last season, and also a few weeks ago that he was not interested in the job, Alan Irivne also came out last week after speaking to Moyes and again confirmed he wasn't interested in the job. I honeslty dont know how many more times he has to distance himself from the position. It seems uninformed press and "ITK's" keep pushing the agenda when nothing is there, it's unfair on both sets of fans and hoepfully should be put to bed now.

No disrespect intended at all but I personally don't see Moyes to Villa being a logical step-up in his career. I've always viewed us and Villa as being in a very similair boat. Both teams with a rich heritage, strong fan bases but both looked down upon by wider media. A move to Villa would be a sideways step as we're both trapped under the glass ceiling of the champions league. A shame really.

Just tought i'd throw in thse few little bits and hopefully clear a couple of things. Hope the job hunt yields something for you and i'll pray alongside you that mcLeish doesn't get the job. i'd hang myself. Brum played the worst football in the PL for the last two years. Dire dire dire dire stuff and you deserve better than that hoof merchant.

But it would be a step up. IMO Everton area great club. I live in the NW and go to occasional Everton games, although am a Villa ST holder. However, Moyes has proved himself at Everton on a shoestring, and now he could prove himself with a budget. Villa would never be a final destination for Moyes as he clearly sees himself at one of the big clubs, or maybe internationally. BUT, he needs to prove success with money as well as making do. That's why the position would tempt him. AND, as I said in an earlier post, his denials have been weaker and weaker (as acknowledged on the EFC forums) - he was "not interested" when Houllier was still in post cos he has integrity, but now... maybe...

Good sense at last. I agree with you about Villa and Everton being close on heritage, fan base and being just below that glass ceiling as far as CL goes. The only advantage Moyes would have coming to Villa is more money to spend on players. I hope you agree with that.

You're right, we're not much of a stepping stone and the fans who believe it are clueless.

We still don't know how much transfer funds Lerner is willing to give out (will be nowhere near Chelsea/Man City or possibly even Tottenham/Liverpool), but what we do know is we have a mess of a squad, a massive wage bill that still needs to be addressed and we've just announced a massive loss this year. Why are on earth would Moyes come to us when he has a stable squad that can beat any team on their day?

Get it over Villa, we're in the shit at the moment due to MON's rubbish legacy and it should come to no surprise we'll hire someone uninspring that will help Randy's cashflow.

No offence taken....I'm just saying that I can see the sense in getting somoene in who so obviously has an awful lot of interest in youth .

But we have made the media look small time as they basically know nothing!! If they did release a statement (which they already have), what would you expect it to say?? That they will announce the manager in due course, and let fans know, because I think they have already done this.

Get over Moyes, he isn't coming. That's not even realistic.

Don't know why everyone's heart is set on Moyes when Hughton is available. He's a perfectly good manager with a good transfer record. Got Newcastle promoted and then kept them mid-table. Why would Lerner even consider shite like McLeish when Hughton is available?

Do me a favour mate and **** OFF.

Steve, I join you in that.

What a condescending tosser he is, wonder if he blows his nose after talking out of it.

No offence taken....I'm just saying that I can see the sense in getting somoene in who so obviously has an awful lot of interest in youth .

Graham Rix is available :D

I'm just saying Julie a knowledge or interest in young players doesn't make someone a good manager.

Get over Moyes, he isn't coming. That's not even realistic.

Don't know why everyone's heart is set on Moyes when Hughton is available. He's a perfectly good manager with a good transfer record. Got Newcastle promoted and then kept them mid-table. Why would Lerner even consider shite like McLeish when Hughton is available?

Do me a favour mate and **** OFF.

Steve, I join you in that.

What a condescending tosser he is, wonder if he blows his nose after talking out of it.

Cheers Dodgy. :winkold: **** Man City knob on OUR forum, telling us who to appoint. Condescending bastard.

Good post and i tend to agree, i too don't think there is any mileage in Moyes coming to us, for a slightly different reason.

I don't think Moyes has done anything special for Everton, for us to be falling over ourselves to get him.....We are similar clubs in status and on the basis of what Moyes has done we will have 9 years of much the same.

I think Moyes and Villa will be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

I'm not being disrespectful to him or Everton, but I think 9 years doing what he has done is time up and time for a fresh challenge......He is not going to get one of the really big jobs, in the same vein as Martin O'Neill hasn't, because they havn't proved to be quite good enough.

albeit, both decent managers.

I don't know who we will end up with, but I'm sure it won't be anyone who will set the heart strings racing.....It will be oh well, off we go again.

Good post and i tend to agree, i too don't think there is any mileage in Moyes coming to us, for a slightly different reason.

I don't think Moyes has done anything special for Everton, for us to be falling over ourselves to get him.....We are similar clubs in status and on the basis of what Moyes has done we will have 9 years of much the same.

I think Moyes and Villa will be a match well suited and I think Everton as a club need a Fresh Face.....someone like Owen Coyle, maybe a good move all round, or even Owen Coyle to us...... but i think we all need freshening up.

I'm not being disrespectful to him or Everton, but I think 9 years doing what he has done is time up and time for a fresh challenge......He is not going to get one of the really big jobs, in the same vein as Martin O'Neill hasn't, because they havn't proved to be quite good enough.

albeit, both decent managers.

I don't know who we will end up with, but I'm sure it won't be anyone who will set the heart strings racing.....It will be oh well, off we go again.