• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The first payment for my season ticket is due in 3 days - I hope if it is McLeish it's done before then so I can cancel my direct debit.

I am going to renew my season ticket tomorrow because I support Villa much more tham any hatred of a rival team.

I would prefer Hughes or Moyes but if it is McLeish so be it.

It will sort the real supporters out. Those who really love Villa will follow the club no matter who is the manager.

When I was young my father said, son I have something to say and what he told me I'll never forget until my dying day. He said son you are a Villa fan and that's the way you'll stay, happy to be a Villa fan until your dying day.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ITK, just an opinion.

Someone said the journos have been the best bet for info - no they haven't.

Moyes (in the recent weeks) has not said he would not come to Villa. He said that he wouldn't be interested in the Villa post while Houllier was in charge. That quote about not being interested followed him saying "They have a perfectly good manager".

Moyes is not normally backwards in coming forwards in denying links - his silence is interesting.

Lerner is a good businessman and would know that appointing McLeish wouldn't make good business sense, e.g. loss of ST sales

Kenwright would obviously say Moyes is going nowhere cos if the ITKs are right, the deal is keep schtum or the deal is off. He needs the money more than he needs Moyes.

In my view Moyes is coming to Villa and McLeish is involved in a Everton/Bolton merry-go-round.

Would a fans backlash bother Randy ? - He hardly ever here ? and a few season tickets not renewed at £500 a pop isn't significant compared the sky money and perhaps £30m received for young and downing

I'm not ITK, just an opinion.

Someone said the journos have been the best bet for info - no they haven't.

Moyes (in the recent weeks) has not said he would not come to Villa. He said that he wouldn't be interested in the Villa post while Houllier was in charge. That quote about not being interested followed him saying "They have a perfectly good manager".

Moyes is not normally backwards in coming forwards in denying links - his silence is interesting.

Lerner is a good businessman and would know that appointing McLeish wouldn't make good business sense, e.g. loss of ST sales

Kenwright would obviously say Moyes is going nowhere cos if the ITKs are right, the deal is keep schtum or the deal is off. He needs the money more than he needs Moyes.

In my view Moyes is coming to Villa and McLeish is involved in a Everton/Bolton merry-go-round.

cfb7ba7d_htf_imgcache_38390.jpeg

Randy can't possibly go for McLeish, he just wouldn't do that to us. That would fill me with an blinding rage.

If he does appoint him I'm done with Villa. I don't mind being a mid table club that doesn't win anything. But I want it to be a club I am happy to support. Randy Lerner has slowly made me dislike my club.

I pretty much **** hate Randy Lerner.

Knee jerk reaction much?

Quoted for future reference as stupid **** post of the year

What I haven't liked Randy since O'Neill left. Hardly going to change now given he let Jol go to Fulham and refuses to appoint Hughes.

The same Jol who's Ajax was finishing 4th whilst McClaren was winning the same Dutch league?

Would a fans backlash bother Randy ? - He hardly ever here ? and a few season tickets not renewed at £500 a pop isn't significant compared the sky money and perhaps £30m received for young and downing

Whether a fans backlash would bother Randy is something that only he knows but sure enough if he appoints a plonker he will get one.

When I was young my father said, son I have something to say and what he told me I'll never forget until my dying day. He said son you are a Villa fan and that's the way you'll stay, happy to be a Villa fan until your dying day.

Was Cliff Richard's 'Bachelor Boy' in the charts at that time? :D

The first payment for my season ticket is due in 3 days - I hope if it is McLeish it's done before then so I can cancel my direct debit.

I am going to renew my season ticket tomorrow because I support Villa much more tham any hatred of a rival team.

I would prefer Hughes or Moyes but if it is McLeish so be it.

It will sort the real supporters out. Those who really love Villa will follow the club no matter who is the manager.

Good for you, your a top man... :clap:

I've had a season ticket so long I can't remember. I've stood on the holte end since I was 10 in 1988. I've been in the away scheme for 8 years. I attend over 40 games a season every season inc pre-season games, youth games,reserve games and European games - I went to Moscow did you ??

The Villa don't give a shit about me because there are 80000+ others like me who follow them. I do however give a shit about them and If I don't want a ginger Scottish inbred from small heath managing my club I'll vote with my feet and save a few quid and give it all a miss until he's gone !!

So we discount a manager who hands in a month's notice when his contract expires but will give the job to someone who quits by email.

Hmmmm, interesting?!?!?!?!?

If it does happen Randy will have a lot of questions to answer.

My thoughts exactly, this does not seem to be our style at all.

Get over Moyes, he isn't coming. That's not even realistic.

Don't know why everyone's heart is set on Moyes when Hughton is available. He's a perfectly good manager with a good transfer record. Got Newcastle promoted and then kept them mid-table. Why would Lerner even consider shite like McLeish when Hughton is available?

Anyone who questioned Randy Lerner's judgement on asking Dave Whelan's permission to speak to Martinez.

Hope you're watching build up on EngU21's on SS1 with him and Peter Taylor, because his knowledge of all the youngsters in Spain & PL is impecabble.

Predicting big things for Kyle Walker at the tournament.

Get over Moyes, he isn't coming. That's not even realistic.

Don't know why everyone's heart is set on Moyes when Hughton is available. He's a perfectly good manager with a good transfer record. Got Newcastle promoted and then kept them mid-table. Why would Lerner even consider shite like McLeish when Hughton is available?

Do me a favour mate and **** OFF.

I have just now got the point where i am bored. Villa need to come out ASAP and say something, they are making us fans look laughing stock. I admire how Lerner has gone about things in the past but now its got to the point where Media and Bookies are making the club look very small time. All it takes is a bold statement to put it all to bed and they haven't said anything which is the worrying part at the moment.

I just hope..... hope..... hope we now will have Moyes in place or someone as good otherwise i feel they may have lost the major majority of Villa fans.

Everton fan in peace here!

Thought i'd just pass on the lowdown with Moyes. Most likely you'll have heard the comments from Phil McNulty about Moyes, these appear to have been given to Phil from our PR pesron.

A few people have said "Why hasnt there been a denial from Moyes?" Well there has. He spoke at the end of last season, and also a few weeks ago that he was not interested in the job, Alan Irivne also came out last week after speaking to Moyes and again confirmed he wasn't interested in the job. I honeslty dont know how many more times he has to distance himself from the position. It seems uninformed press and "ITK's" keep pushing the agenda when nothing is there, it's unfair on both sets of fans and hoepfully should be put to bed now.

No disrespect intended at all but I personally don't see Moyes to Villa being a logical step-up in his career. I've always viewed us and Villa as being in a very similair boat. Both teams with a rich heritage, strong fan bases but both looked down upon by wider media. A move to Villa would be a sideways step as we're both trapped under the glass ceiling of the champions league. A shame really.

Just tought i'd throw in thse few little bits and hopefully clear a couple of things. Hope the job hunt yields something for you and i'll pray alongside you that mcLeish doesn't get the job. i'd hang myself. Brum played the worst football in the PL for the last two years. Dire dire dire dire stuff and you deserve better than that hoof merchant.