Italian Football

Troglodyte

I'd love a playoff to decide teams level on points and goal difference. 

Just level on points but ignoring goal difference is going to favour teams that sit on a 1-0 lead (generally speaking) and not make for a more entertaining general season. Still, that last game may make up for it.

Have any PL seasons come down to goal difference before anyway?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As expected another 1 year deal for Zlatan at Milan. Doubt they expect him to contribute much on the pitch but he's invaluable off the pitch and in the dressing room.

• 2 weeks later...

😬

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis declared he will never again sign an African player ‘unless they sign an agreement backing out of the Africa Cup of Nations’ and claims he rejected a $900m offer to sell the club.

This will not come as good news for players like Victor Osimhen and Andre Zambo Anguissa, who represent Nigeria and Cameroon respectively, while Kalidou Koulibaly won the AFCON tournament with Senegal before leaving for Chelsea.

“I told them lads, don’t talk to me about Africans anymore!” said De Laurentiis during a streamed event.

“I love them, but either they sign something confirming they’ll back out of playing the Africa Cup of Nations, or otherwise between that tournament, the World Cup qualifiers in South America, these players are never available!

“We are the idiots who pay salaries only to send them all over the world playing for others.”

https://football-italia.net/adl-napoli-wont-buy-african-players-unless/

• 3 months later...

Looks really cool.

A NEW GREEN STADIUM IN MILAN BY STEFANO BOERI

The International Forest Stadium by Stefano Boeri Architetti will host the new home for the Milan teams’ football fans, standing as a new landmark for the San Siro area and the city. Set in the heart of a 4.5-hectare public urban park, the project makes nature the protagonist of the football experience, introducing a new urban landscape for all citizens. Developed in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, including ARUP, Fabio Novembre, and Balich Wonder Studio, the winning proposal is part of a competition, announced in 2019 by the Inter and Milan teams, for the new Milan Stadium.

stefano boeri’s forest stadium to stand as a green lung for milan

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/stefano-boeri-forest-stadium-green-lung-milan-arup-football-11-08-2022/

• Like 2

Napoli have won 10 in a row and lead by 8 points.. Could they do it??

Milan with a poor 0-0 against Cremonese last night, just didn't have their shooting boots on at all.  

I think Giroud will be feeling a bit guilty he wasn't on the pitch after getting sent off against Spezia.  He got a second yellow for taking his shirt off celebrating :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Punish them properly this time and not just a slap on the wrist as last time. 

No chance they'll be punished properly. I'm sure this was all timed to be released in the middle of the World Cup.

Edited by villa89

I work with quite a few Juve fans. It's great this has happened to them.

They're awful with football. They think exactly like Agnelli. They nearly all wanted the super league and, like me, they were sure it was going to happen. Didn't care about any other clubs, Italian or otherwise. See clubs like Villa as an irrelevance.

I hope they get relegated and miss out on the inevitable super league.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I work with quite a few Juve fans. It's great this has happened to them.

They're awful with football. They think exactly like Agnelli. They nearly all wanted the super league and, like me, they were sure it was going to happen. Didn't care about any other clubs, Italian or otherwise. See clubs like Villa as an irrelevance.

I hope they get relegated and miss out on the inevitable super league.

They are just an Italian version of Man United fans

The other 2 Italian clubs fans were against it

Â