Italian Football

Troglodyte

Inter crowned champions as Atalanta fail to win. Juve currently sitting 5th with a game in hand but Lazio are only 2 points behind also with a game in hand towards the top 4.

Would be hilarious if Juve miss out on the CL but sadly I doubt they will.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Would be hilarious if Juve miss out on the CL but sadly I doubt they will.

I'm not so sure about that...

They've been absolutely dire and are due for a major reshuffle this summer. I'll take Weston McKennie, please.

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ashley Young wins the scudetto (been a regular starter for them this season aswell).

Player to me who's completely maximised his ability when you compare him to many others who came through at same time  in 2005-07 period.

Will probably see him play one more time at VP next season as rumours he wants to go to Watford to finish his career as that was where it all started for him of course.

He really has had a great career and its lasted so long at the top as well. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He really has had a great career and its lasted so long at the top as well. 

Think he played his best football at Villa. 

He has done well though. Could be back at Watford next season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Think he played his best football at Villa. 

He has done well though. Could be back at Watford next season 

Yeah I think so too, it's a shame that he almost didn't get the recognition he deserved when he was with us, especially for England, he was sensational for us, absolutely unplayable at times 

Deserved his big move but ultimately became a small fish in a big pond

• Like 1

Roma are my favourite Italian team and have been for a long time...
Really happy that Jose is in charge... He might actually be able to show what he can do without being handed a ridiculous transfer budget and actually man manage... Like he did back at Porto where he made a name for himself...

It'll be interesting to see how he does...

Glorious stuff tonight in Italy...Juve 0-3 AC Milan.

Top 4 is now out of Juventus hands with just three games to play.

I know Milan were also part of the super league stuff but I have a massive soft spot for their 2000s teams and they've barely been seen in major european competition for last decade. Agnelli one of the drivers of SL so getting what he deserves.

Pirlo surely sacked tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Glorious stuff tonight in Italy...Juve 0-3 AC Milan.

Top 4 is now out of Juventus hands with just three games to play.

I know Milan were also part of the super league stuff but I have a massive soft spot for their 2000s teams and they've barely been seen in major european competition for last decade. Agnelli one of the drivers of SL so getting what he deserves.

Pirlo surely sacked tonight.

Juventus still have Sassuolo and Inter to play out of the 3 and Bologna who are unpredictable

Poor Agnelli :D  

Juventus risks Serie A removal because of Super League

ROME (AP) — Juventus will be kicked out of Serie A if it doesn’t withdraw from the European Super League, Italian soccer federation president Gabriele Gravina said Monday.

While AC Milan and Inter Milan backed out of the ill-fated bid to form a breakaway competition, Juventus remains the lone holdout in Italy.

“The rules are clear. If Juventus is still part of the Super League when it enters next season, it can’t participate in Serie A,” Gravina told Naples radio station Kiss Kiss. “I would be sorry for the fans but rules are rules and they apply to everyone.”

https://apnews.com/article/serie-a-premier-league-europe-soccer-sports-4cbafa14b8c954200c62a05da9c448cc

Gonna throw it out now, but I think Fiorentina are nailed on for relegation next season.  Owner's just had a meltdown at the press, the much vaunted (and desperately needed) new stadium project has been sat in perpetual gridlock, recruitment has been an absolute disaster over multiple seasons but the Sporting Director Daniele Pradè is seemingly bulletproof, complete failure to tie down this season's only bright-spark Vlahovic to a new contract when it was clear at the start of the campaign that he a) had earned one and b) would have no shortage of suitors come summer.  Club desperately needs a root and branch change and nothing Commisso has done since buying it has shown he has the nous to undertake it, it's all very "last days of Lerner" at the moment.

• Sad 1

Would be really sad if Fiorentina go down. Even thou I'm a Sampdoria fan I have a soft spot for Fiorentina. 

Had some fantastic players over the years with Batistuta being one of my all time favorites. They also had some cracking kits and a few great Swedish players.

Hope they manage to find new owners then I guess.

And on another note some hopefully great games tonight with Juve vs Inter and Roma vs Lazio. Lots to play for there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Gonna throw it out now, but I think Fiorentina are nailed on for relegation next season.  Owner's just had a meltdown at the press, the much vaunted (and desperately needed) new stadium project has been sat in perpetual gridlock, recruitment has been an absolute disaster over multiple seasons but the Sporting Director Daniele Pradè is seemingly bulletproof, complete failure to tie down this season's only bright-spark Vlahovic to a new contract when it was clear at the start of the campaign that he a) had earned one and b) would have no shortage of suitors come summer.  Club desperately needs a root and branch change and nothing Commisso has done since buying it has shown he has the nous to undertake it, it's all very "last days of Lerner" at the moment.

They have a strange policy of signing highly rated youngsters and players that are past it though Ribery one of the better players. Needs complete overhaul

• Like 1

Spezia look to be safe 😁 Torino are in huge trouble if Benevento win vs Crotone as will be a last day shootout

Maybe Belotti is gettable then

Edited by Zatman

Â