Italian Football

Troglodyte

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The mafia controlling the waste industry and dumping everything into the Mediterranean no longer working?

I asked an Italian staying next to our airbnb, and he said that Neapolitans don't really care, their city might be engulfed in lava in 2 hours so everything is just 'whatever'. 

It's weird how Catania, right under Mount Etna, can manage to keep a tidy city while everyone in Napoli is busy making their city a stinking mess due to a volcano that likely won't hit them in Napoli but rather hit Torre Annunziata or Torre Del Greco further along the coast. I think it's a mentality thing.

• 3 months later...

Considering all he's done for them, this is appalling behaviour by whoever's running Napoli's TikTok account:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66933115

Victor Osimhen's agent Roberto Calenda has threatened to take legal action against Napoli after the club mocked the striker on social media.

Napoli shared a video on their TikTok account showing the striker missing a penalty against Bologna, with a high-pitched voice saying ''gimme penalty please" dubbed over the top.

The post has since been deleted.

"We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor," Calenda wrote on X.

"What happened today on Napoli's official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable.

"A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted. A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news."

Osimhen was seen questioning manager Rudi Garcia when he was taken off in the 86th minute of Sunday's goalless draw against Bologna.

Nigeria international Osimhen joined Napoli for a club-record 81.3m euros in the summer of 2020 and he was integral to helping them win a first Serie A title in 33 years last season, scoring 26 goals in 32 league appearances.

The 24-year-old - who was heavily linked with Chelsea and Manchester United this summer - has scored three goals in six appearances this campaign.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Apparently, there's another one:

They're both incredibly bizarre. The way they're trying to humiliate him (despite being one of the best strikers in the world and making a huge contribution to their league title) must ultimately come down to him being black.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Sad 1

- "How can we keep our best player happy?)

- "Should we publicly humiliate him on Social Media?" 

-"That doesn't seem like a very good idea."

-"What if we did it twice in a week?"

-"Brilliant! Get uploading!" 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Apparently, there's another one:

Even if not intended, they come off as blatantly racist. They're both incredibly bizarre.

I was expecting maybe their fans to do some racist stuff when he would eventually leave, but that’s slightly shocking that a football club can do this. Especially he’s one of the main contributors to their league last year. This is the thanks he gets, it’s sad.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Osimhen to Chelsea in January then I reckon.

I'd be on the phone to Real Madrid if I were his agent.  They've got a Karim Benzema shaped hole in their squad that Osimhen has the class to fill. 

It's a bit of a strange one as I do wonder who posts these club updates. I can't imagine Chris Heck oversees every Villa tweet so probably some rogue employees 

At end of the day I can see a compromise. Employee gets sacked and Oshimen gets a pay bump with a release clause 

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

This is one of the most bizarre things I've seen. Imagine Martinez making a rare error leading to a goal and then the club posted videos on social media mocking him. Deeply weird.

He's not black though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really interesting video from Tifo.

Now the tax break is over, it'll be interesting to see how that affects the Italian clubs in Europe over the next few seasons. Not a fan of the traditional big clubs, but seeing Atalanta and Napoli come to the fore over recent years has been refreshing. I hope that we don't see things default back to the Milan clubs and Juve.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve started getting into Italian football again. Enjoy watching the games more so than premier league . Going to start cheering on Lazio as my Italian team . Always liked them for various reasons although don’t like the racist side to their support. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve started getting into Italian football again. Enjoy watching the games more so than premier league . Going to start cheering on Lazio as my Italian team . Always liked them for various reasons although don’t like the racist side to their support. 

Lazio play good football but fans have issues. Atalanta is a team if want to enjoy football

On 07/10/2023 at 03:55, sne said:

Juve ending their contract with Pogba after his second doping test shows positive as well. Looking at a long ban for Pogba and a lot of money saved for Juve.

Wouldn't put it past them to be involved.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lazio play good football but fans have issues. Atalanta is a team if want to enjoy football

Yeah I like Atalanta too. Be a good game tonight with Lazio going to Bayern with a 1.0 advantage. 

Â