Italian Football

Troglodyte

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like Spalletti is on the verge of leaving Napoli after winning the league, only in Italy 🤣

Is it a similar situation to when Conte left Inter in 2021 that they've decided to cash in on their players instead of improving the squad?

Hope he isn't off to Spurs.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Is it a similar situation to when Conte left Inter in 2021 that they've decided to cash in on their players instead of improving the squad?

Hope he isn't off to Spurs.

Yeah, sounds similar, fallout with the owner as he probably want's to cash in on some of the players.  Which is ironic as one of the names favourite to replace Spalletti is Conte 🤣

• Haha 1

Coppa Italia final starting. If Fiorentina win they will qualify for Europa Conference. Unless they also beat West Ham, in which case they will be in Europa League, and 7th place (currently Juve) in Serie A will qualify for ECL.

36 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Perhaps the demise of Italian football is exaggerated. Inter, Roma, and Fiorentina are all in the 3 European finals this year. 2 for England and just 1 Spanish club. 

I'd argue it's a stronger league than Spain. And probably on par with German. It's a good league. 

43 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'd argue it's a stronger league than Spain. And probably on par with German. It's a good league. 

And yet the stadiums are falling apart and in terms of revenue they have fallen way behind. It's interesting to see that perhaps money isn't always everything.

Went to Napoli for a week with the missus, I can still confirm that they're shooting off fireworks, have packed their streets with flags, banners and blue ribbon and are still celebrating well into the night. Great atmosphere.

I genuinely like Campania but this year it was so full of garbage and dog poo that I might not come back. Something is wrong with the whole region's way of dealing with litter and the general tidiness of their historic city. There are no bins so people just throw plastic and litter everywhere, even in places like Pompei and Sorrento where you've got 2300 year old Roman ruins and frescoes covered in litteral "#¤%"#.

Napoli, and especially the Amalfi coast is still worth the visit but watch your step. I've never trodden in so much dog feces in my life, even if I was trying not to.

Edited by magnkarl

Â