Italian Football

Troglodyte

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The ref forgetting the rules to the benefit of juventus as they chase the CL and are a goal down with 8 minutes left

Its poor from BT too, they should call it out for what it is rather than go with that bullshit tag

He didn’t forget the rules though. It wasn't a penalty it was given as a free kick and he was sent off for a last man tackle. Medel is just a nutter 

• 2 weeks later...

Milan inching closer to the title. Would be some surprise that. Theirs to lose now but Inter still with a shot and possibly an easier schedule.

22 hours ago, sne said:

Milan inching closer to the title. Would be some surprise that. Theirs to lose now but Inter still with a shot and possibly an easier schedule.

Pioli showing what happens when you sack a manager early on if you dont feel he is up to it and replace with an actual manager and you wont be a laughing stock.

Mike Maignan at 10 million probably the signing of the season and is one of the best goalkeepers in the world

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pioli showing what happens when you sack a manager early on if you dont feel he is up to it and replace with an actual manager and you wont be a laughing stock.

Mike Maignan at 10 million probably the signing of the season and is one of the best goalkeepers in the world

Still let a few clangers in though.

I think Milan will mess it up somehow, rebic will score 5 own goals or summat.

Fingers crossed they win it though! 🤞

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Still let a few clangers in though.

I think Milan will mess it up somehow, rebic will score 5 own goals or summat.

Fingers crossed they win it though! 🤞

Salernitana I recall he had a nightmare. His save yesterday was brilliant from Cabral

Think he just reminds me of an old school keeper in that he has incredibly quick reflexes. Its quite rare that you see that in the modern game

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

No one saw Milan winning the Scudetto this year, well played to them. What a player Rafa Leao is too; made every goal yesterday with his pace, power, trickery. 

He's gotten better very quickly.

He was an absolute bambi-on-ice last year.  Now he's running at defenders with pace and purpose and he's much better for it. 

Still needs to develop his scoring instincts though as he's a bit of an Andy Cole with how many chances it takes for him to score - he'll be deadly if he improves that.

37 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's gotten better very quickly.

He was an absolute bambi-on-ice last year.  Now he's running at defenders with pace and purpose and he's much better for it. 

Still needs to develop his scoring instincts though as he's a bit of an Andy Cole with how many chances it takes for him to score - he'll be deadly if he improves that.

Huge transformation and I think he will be a no.9 in the next season or 2. he has the tools of pace and power like the original Ronaldo but is just not clinical enough yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

Redbird Reaches Agreement to Buy AC Milan From Elliott

Redbird Capital Partners has reached a final agreement to buy Italy’s AC Milan, the seven-time European football champion once owned by former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, according to people familiar with the matter. 

Redbird is set to announce the purchase of the club from U.S. investment fund Elliott Management Corp. as early as tomorrow, the people said, asking not to be identified because discussions are private. The transaction may value AC Milan at about 1.2 billion euros ($1.3 billion), the people said.

New York-based Redbird, founded by Gerald Cardinale, manages about $6 billion, according to its website. The firm is a shareholder in Fenway Sports Group Holdings LLC, the owner of English Premier League football club Liverpool FC and the Boston Red Sox US baseball team. It also holds a controlling stake in French football team Toulouse.

Redbird beat out competition from Middle East asset manager Investcorp in the battle for AC Milan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-31/redbird-is-said-to-reach-agreement-to-buy-ac-milan-from-elliott

• 5 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Gone back to a playoff game for the title if 2 teams are level on points

I like this idea, surprised the PL don't want it too, at Wembley the cash cow of course 

Or the Middle East, or LA, or Miami, or Singapore 

£££££££££££££££££££££££&

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Or the Middle East, or LA, or Miami, or Singapore 

£££££££££££££££££££££££&

Honest I'm not sure the PL or FA would do it because Wembleys corporate side is worth so much money 

The market growth angle could come in to play but as a stadium for 1 off events wembley seems as good as any

That's why UEFA love it so much 

• Like 1

Â