Italian Football

Troglodyte

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will cash in on Vlahovic and Milenkovic you'd think so that should be 60m +. Just depends on how well they spend it on replacements.

To be honest, with Milenkovic he's a bit overrated; seems to still have the reputation he got from securing a first team slot in his teens, where he was getting all these links to big clubs where the truth is a) it's not like there were better options at the back at the time (and still aren't, though Martinez Quarta's at least shown a bit of promise in fits and starts) and b) he's nowhere near the level of the sort of clubs he gets linked to.  For a player his size he gets bullied off the ball and beaten out at headers far too much, though for balance he's obviously still got age on his side and may very well benefit from getting out of a crackpot side, but I'd choke on my cornflakes if any of these mooted big money moves to the likes of a Liverpool or Manure actually happened.  To put it another way, I'd not have him here ahead of the likes of Mings and certainly not Konsa.  Aside from Vlahovic, the only player I'd say for sure would be capable of such a step up would be Drągowski, though for some reason he keeps slipping under radars which is fine by me; arguably the best goalie the club has had since Seb Frey. 

The problem underscoring all of this is even if we raised a decent bit of cash, the likelihood is it'll be absolutely wasted by Prade.  And not even necessarily on bad players, but there's absolutely no connect between the team and tactics the coach wants to play and who gets brought in, so we wind up blowing +£10m on Alfred Duncan and then having to loan him out because the incumbent coach doesn't fancy him (and naturally he goes on to put in perfectly serviceable performances at Cagliari), +£10m on Pedro who I don't think kicked a ball in anger before getting shipped back to Brazil, ~£10 on Pol Lirola only to try and shoehorn him into a position he doesn't suit and again loaning him out, and that's without going into blowing a large chunk of the wage bill on a scattershot of aging stars with no notion of how they'll actually fit into a system, which then becomes yet another crap-shoot in and of itself.  Then ongoing from as far back as 2017 there's been some baffling decisions at youth level to cut adrift players like Nicolo Zaniolo and Gianluca Mancini rather then offering them a route into the first team.

TL;DR - like I say, root and branch.

So anyone watch Juve-Inter then.......

One of best games for drama and intensity all season or indeed since BCD games became a thing.

Wrong final result and Juan Cuadrado is a massive massive cheat (even before the penalty he was somersaulting through the air desperate to get Inter players booked from minimal contact) but so much there to review particularly in second half.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So anyone watch Juve-Inter then.......

One of best games for drama and intensity all season or indeed since BCD games became a thing.

Wrong final result and Juan Cuadrado is a massive massive cheat (even before the penalty he was somersaulting through the air desperate to get Inter players booked from minimal contact) but so much there to review particularly in second half.

but people loved him that time Sergio Ramos got him sent off as he was an innocent guy :P 

Applying this to Juve instead of Lazio and looking at their results against the teams around them means that since Napoli won today and if Milan also win tonight then Juve need Napoli to not win against Verona in the last round if they are to get into the CL

Come on Milan and Napoli.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Applying this to Juve instead of Lazio and looking at their results against the teams around them means that since Napoli won today and if Milan also win tonight then Juve need Napoli to not win against Verona in the last round if they are to get into the CL

Come on Milan and Napoli.

Unfortunately, Milan play away at Atalanta, so very likely to lose.

I think Juve will finish 4th.

5 minutes ago, AXD said:

If Milan win tonight Juve can't catch them due to their head to head record. 3-1 & 0-3

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AXD said:

Dosen't matter if Milan win v Cagliari tonight. Benevento drew 1-1 so Cagliari have nothing to play for as they're safe.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dosen't matter if Milan win v Cagliari tonight. Benevento drew 1-1 so Cagliari have nothing to play for as they're safe.

Ah, i overlooked the game in hand for Milan 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Milan don't win tonight and in truth never looked like scoring.

Now likely have to win away to Atalanta....ouch.

Juve pulled back from gates of hell europa league.

Knew it! 

Gazzetta reporting that Conte is leaving Inter as the want to downsize the club, and cut costs

Madness after building a title winning squad in 2 years

Edited by Mozzavfc

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Gazzetta reporting that Conte is leaving Inter as the want to downsize the club, and cut costs

Madness after building a title winning squad in 2 years

It's been on the cards for a while, Inter's owners can't afford to sustain the current level of expenditure because they can't get their money out of China.  There were issues in January when they couldn't get Conte the signings he wanted, which is why Christian Eriksen was recalled to the starting XI after being a peripheral figure for most of his time in Italy, it worked out in the short term but there were reports that the Suning group (the owners) called a meeting the week after the title was confirmed in order to ask the Inter players to give up two months salary.  I'm guessing that went down like a cup of warm sick.   Don't be surprised to see an exodus from Inter now, if Conte's gone and the board as asking players to play for free then the top guys might be talking to their agents about getting out while they will have a lot of suitors in the market.  I'm sure plenty of clubs are looking at guys like Lukaku, Martinez, Bastoni and Barella. 

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Gattuso confirmed as new Fiorentina boss.

For this reason alone, I'm delighted...

he was badly treated at Napoli so could be a decent appointment

Â