Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Never. It was quicker to get to New York in 1980 than it is now. 

To make it worse,  they make the flights purposlely longer in some cases to cover themselves for any compo.

Airlines are no better than a drug dealer but with less morals.  They know people need to fly so they make it as bad an eperience as possible.

If I fly home to Brum,  fly time in the air 45 minutes.  Total travel time door to door is *******ing mental.  I live close to Schipol and the Airport in Brum (Sutton Coldfield).

On 24/08/2018 at 17:31, wazzap24 said:

@Pelle

This in my opinion, was his finest moment 

I'd also highly recommend searching for 'Alex Jones Supplements' on google, for added hilarity.

Look out especially for the 'before and after' video from his weight loss 'product'. Comedy Gold. 

Surely, this must be a joke, right? But I think I recognise "gay frogs".

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

To make it worse,  they make the flights purposlely longer in some cases to cover themselves for any compo.

Airlines are no better than a drug dealer but with less morals.  They know people need to fly so they make it as bad an eperience as possible.

If I fly home to Brum,  fly time in the air 45 minutes.  Total travel time door to door is *******ing mental.  I live close to Schipol and the Airport in Brum (Sutton Coldfield).

You're being disrespectful to drug dealers there! And mine definitely has more morals than the word removed that runs Ryanair! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Surely, this must be a joke, right? But I think I recognise "gay frogs".

Sadly not. he's was a bigly friend, supporter and confidant of the current penis elected as president

Huge chunks of the US seemingly believe this bollocks

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sadly not. he's was a bigly friend, supporter and confidant of the current penis elected as president

Ok, I'm both surprised and not. I guess the stupidness in this world doesn't surprise me that much anymore. But still.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Combine this with their notion that the earth is 2,500 years old or so then you have a small education problem. In the US they,  using their powers of highly tuned powers of deduction and logic, ended up with frogs,  adam, eve,  a hardly used good runner of a planet (2,500 on the clock,  looks older than that though?) and god burying dinosaur fossils.  

17 hours ago, BillyShears said:

Reminds me of getting home from work in Texas at 3am to find an injured Vulture on my doorstep. Dim lighting, dead of night, tired, out in the wilds, me and a vulture in a confined space. Said Vulture was effin massive too. He scrambled into the undergrowth and was there the next night too. Yes, I crapped myself.

The best thing to do when confronted by a vulture is play dead.  They'll leave you alone and fly off.

:trollface:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, villan-scott said:

If real life is in fact real life, and not some Matrix Truman Show concoction. 

There is a legit theory (I think, someone might be able to prove otherwise) that we are more likely than not, in a simulation.

I believe it's something like if we are going to have vast amounts of computing power in the future, enough to run a simulation of a universe or world or whatever, then we'll probably run loads. And then if the things in that simulation have conscience then they would do the same, and the cycle goes on forever.

So if there are such vast numbers of simulations, the chances are we're in one of them.

It's a bit like that episode of Rick and Morty.

Again someone might be able to post and say that that's been proved to be utter nonsense. But it's quite interesting at least.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There is a legit theory (I think, someone might be able to prove otherwise) that we are more likely than not, in a simulation.

I believe it's something like if we are going to have vast amounts of computing power in the future, enough to run a simulation of a universe or world or whatever, then we'll probably run loads. And then if the things in that simulation are conscience then they would do the same, and the cycle goes on forever.

So if there are such vast numbers of simulations, the chances are we're in one of them.

It's a bit like that episode of Rick and Morty.

Again someone might be able to post and say that that's been proved to be utter nonsense. But it's quite interesting at least.

It is interesting. I am certain that there is more to life and certainly the universe than what we know, or what we think we know. 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It is interesting. I am certain that there is more to life and certainly the universe than what we know, or what we think we know. 

Not sure,  if we can find*  the dark stuff (Matter , Energy) I would say we are almost there in terms of knowledge achievable from where we sit in space.  For the stuff we can see I think GR covers that nicely.

* It is there or it all doesn't work but some solid evidense like Higgs would be good.

• Like 1

:D I'm not sure we're involved with anything as grandiose as life the universe and everything?

Low brow reality/betting or a school project for multidimensional cosmic beings is my guess?

Â