Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Currently wondering why anyone would care if Jenny Jones posted on here let alone pretend to be her.

I had to mooney her as had no idea. A near 80 year old American minor TV personality apparently. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

On Absolute radio the other day the presenters were tickled when a listener described Absolute Radio as a channel.

Why do radio presenters say “on the show today”, or “welcome to the show” and that kind of stuff? 
It does my head in and I have to suppress murderous rage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Why do radio presenters say “on the show today”, or “welcome to the show” and that kind of stuff? 
It does my head in and I have to suppress murderous rage.

As a mod you could post a ‘welcome to the site message’ and what’s on the site today message each morning to give us asa a dose of showbizniss as David Nice would say 

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Right. Still wondering why anyone would pretend to be her or care that much if she did post on here.

Well that was what made it kind of convincing for a while.  Such an obscure person to pretend to be.

Then she found a moderate amount of fame with the bronze medal and the prank kind of started losing its edge.  The imposter pushed their luck a bit by posting just a she won the medal. 

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I believe she was also online here whilst also competing in the Winter Olympics final :lol:

Can someone like @limpidsee peoples IP addresses? He could settle it if baselayers had the same IP address as another member.

We could do it the way they do on TV crime shows. Collect some DNA from one of the posts and analyse it in less than 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Remember the guy who replied to everything like he was a pirate, that was quite funny to be fair. 😂

Captain Guttywuts or something. Yeah it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Remember the guy who replied to everything like he was a pirate, that was quite funny to be fair. 😂

No. 

All this stuff with @Baselayers and @villaajax has reminded me I've often gone and looked at the final posts of missing in action posters.

You would expect that most of the time there would be some kind of clue like a rant about other posters or a farewell but that pretty much never happens. It's usually just normal everyday posts then gone. 

Seems strange to me. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You would expect that most of the time there would be some kind of clue like a rant about other posters or a farewell but that pretty much never happens. It's usually just normal everyday posts then gone. 

Seems strange to me. 

19 hours ago, villaajax said:

I had a look and saw VT at the top and thought I'd have a look for old times' sake

How many notifications  did you have on the bell up top? A couple of thousand?

Edit: And welcome back!! :D

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

All this stuff with @Baselayers and @villaajax has reminded me I've often gone and looked at the final posts of missing in action posters.

Seems strange to me. 

The ranting ones tend to get deleted 

been many a poster gone out in a blaze of glory , a particular favourite was the one who likened Bickster to Hitler :)

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

i sorta remember the night “she “ appeared it was just so random and why would anyone pretend to be a snowboarder who no one had ever heard of .

give them credit though , the mention of the charity London Paris bike ride and sponsors meant they had done  their homework … but  It was the constant DM requests for Dick pics that always had me suspicious that it was Villaajax 

With the Lego and Subbuteo you know I always get a kick out of seeing anything in miniature scale 😌

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â