Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

23 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

We've been quiz champions for six years now. We nearly lost it two years ago - unjustly, because Gareth was quizmaster then and the question was "What type of alien is Mr Spock?".

Everyone put Vulcan, which is incorrect. Mr Spock is half-Vulcan, half-human, ok?

To be fair the answer to the question "what type of alien is Spock", the answer would be just Vulcan though, as Human is not alien to us?

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Capital of The Netherlands ?

That's one of those double bluffs.  People think it's a trick question, so they avoid Amsterdam and go with The Hague, even though it is Amsterdam (according to wiki it's even sworn into the constitution).

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why do UK plug sockets have on and off switches but the rest of the world don't seem to bother?

We've been through this before.  Because the rest of the worlds sockets suck massive donkey balls.

UK Sockets 4eva.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why do UK plug sockets have on and off switches but the rest of the world don't seem to bother?

Because we are civilised and the rest of the world are savages 

monocle.png

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Because we are civilised and the rest of the world are savages 

monocle.png

Not only that but Holland has an obsession with placing the sockets at waist level so the cables hang down.  It's **** madness I say madness. + There is a majot part of the pain scale that is just missing "How much did it hurt? "  

a) "It really hurt quite a lot"  Hmmmm,  not that helpful,  so like a sting from like stingers when you are fetching the ball ?

b ) "it hurt more than standing full weight on a upturned 3 point plug after jumping of the bed" How much compensation do you want,  do you have flashbacks like nam ?

23 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

We've been through this before.  Because the rest of the worlds sockets suck massive donkey balls.

UK Sockets 4eva.

Eh, ahem!   We have switches too.  I assume it's so that you can have the appliance properly 'switched off' (i.e. no standby lighty things or current going to it) without having to have the plug lying untidily on the floor.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2016 at 16:31, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

plug sockets

Why do people call them that. Sockets, electrical sockets, mains sockets - all fine. Plug sockets not fine. You don't call plugs "Socket plugs" do you?

Stop it, stop it now. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Why do people call them that. Sockets, electrical sockets, mains sockets - all fine. Plug sockets not fine. You don't call plugs "Socket plugs" do you?

Stop it, stop it now. :ph34r:

They're referred to as such on websites like Homebase and Screwfix. I think you need to write them an angry worded email. 

On 11/23/2016 at 08:31, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If I want to plug my toaster in and enjoy some delicious buttery toast whilst taking a bath/dump/shower than I should be **** allowed to. 

You can do that over here, but only once..

• Like 1

I often wonder what the significance of the series of nine digits - three groups of three - that appear in the top right hand corner of my screen when i'm watching live footy.They are fairly faint but you cant remove them from your screen with the "back up" button on the remote like you can the red button icon that also appears.

Those digits disappear and re appear frequently......i just wondered what they were for :wacko:

Â