Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

This is like pulling teeth.

What do you think Pako was? Some kind of cup competition mascot?

We finished the 08/09 season with 86 points. 2 league defeats. That would have won us the title this season.

Pako was just the fitness coach. Does that compute yet?

So your trophyless period of 2008-2010 minus Pako was better than your European Cup victory with him ?

Interesting .

I think I'd rather have that Pako fella running our club than vagina face.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I'm just providing information that you don't have. If you want to make an informed decision about one of your managerial candidates, I can actually be of use.

Well the information you're giving is not anything that we don't know or can't google which you have admitted as much yourself. If you look at the poll then only 2% of the voters want Rafa Beneathus so you are preaching to a small section of the site, and finally you do realise that it's not us Villa fans who are making the appointment right ? So I'm still unsure as to your "use".

Liverpool fans are so deluded that a lot of them actually thought they had a chance of recruiting Mourinho last summer when their club was spectacularly disappearing up Tom Hicks' poop chute.

Discuss.

Hate to admit it but I was listening to Talkshite on the way home today and one of their presenters was saying that Villa fans are deluded and we need a reality check if we think we are big enough to attract the likes of Ancelotti. He was basically saying that we are only good enough to get the likes of McLaren.

Worse than this was his talk of MON coming back to VP and even worse than this was a couple of idiotic Villa fans who rang in to say that they would have him back. One of the plonkers didn't even know where we finished during the last few seasons under MON and said we finished 5th so he is clearly a casual fan. There are some real kretins out there.

"Who would you have as your next manager?"

"Andy Gray"

:crylaugh:

Is that supposed to be funny?

Please make the appointment soon so I don't have to read the drivel in this thread.

Don't read it then!

Do you really think Randy would have distanced himself from Mark Hughes and let Martin Jol slip through his fingers to appoint some of the managers being talked about on here.As the owner he cares about the bottom line and money makes money get a shite manager in and lose a shed load of the stuff on matchday,get the right one in and he will have an extra five thousand season ticket holders and home games will be sold out. Speculate to acumilate and all that money jargon.

Thanks for proving my point.

Search the forum and you'll find I've debunked the Pako Ayesteran myth at least twice already. I'll do it again just for you:

Pako was the fitness guy. A bloody good one. And popular. But a bit of basic research will tell you that he left in the summer of 2007 and Liverpool's best form under Rafa came in 2009. That was when we finished second, twatted you lot 5-0, twatted Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate and twatted the Mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Where was Pako then?

And what did you win in 2009 besides a few one off games again ? :winkold:

This is like pulling teeth.

What do you think Pako was? Some kind of cup competition mascot?

We finished the 08/09 season with 86 points. 2 league defeats. That would have won us the title this season.

Pako was just the fitness coach. Does that compute yet?

Who cares....

Hate to admit it but I was listening to Talkshite on the way home today and one of their presenters was saying that Villa fans are deluded and we need a reality check if we think we are big enough to attract the likes of Ancelotti. He was basically saying that we are only good enough to get the likes of McLaren.

Worse than this was his talk of MON coming back to VP and even worse than this was a couple of idiotic Villa fans who rang in to say that they would have him back. One of the plonkers didn't even know where we finished during the last few seasons under MON and said we finished 5th so he is clearly a casual fan. There are some real kretins out there.

"Who would you have as your next manager?"

"Andy Gray"

:crylaugh:

Is that supposed to be funny?

It shows how deluded the callers were. :bonk:

I was listening earlier and had to turn off. The drivel they dish out sometimes is nothing more than you would hear on a rivals terrace.

As for the fans that they let on, im sure they must sort through them to find the thickest, part timers they can find.

...and i actually like the station too!

Yup, what a failure Rafa is:

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

Spain U-19 League (1): 1993

Spain U-19 Cup (2): 1991, 1993

Extremadura

Segunda División

Promotion (1): 1997–98

Tenerife

Segunda División (1): 2000–01

Valencia

La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

FA Cup (1): 2005–06

FA Community Shield (1): 2006

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Individual awards

Don Balón Award (1): 2001–02

UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05

FA Premier League Manager of the Month (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009

I'm tempted to make an "education in football" video and post it on youtube for some of you lot to view.

Coming up next on talkSHITE 'Are Villa a feeder club?'

Wow

Arent pretty much all clubs feeder clubs? Only around top 5 (in the world) can say they arent. If players would leave you for another club, you are a feeder club?

Yes he won some things in the past. So have many managers look at Sven. Just because you won something in the past doesn,t mean you will in the future. I saw what he did at Liverpool and he took that club and made it a shambles by the time he left. His transfers were shocking and he went to Inter and continued his downward spiral. He is not a manager I want anywhere near my club. He,s finished.

I'm tempted to make an "education in football" video and post it on youtube for some of you lot to view.

Go ahead. I need a laugh.

As long as it includes two defensive midfielders, and nicking cup games on away goals, Rafa is in.

At Valencia he was only a coach, did not buy players. Valencia spent BIG money and won the league in a period where Real and Barca werent, even recently relegated deportivo won the league.

At Plop, when he was given full control they finished 7th. The guy truely is a genius.

The amount of bickering on this forum is shocking. You kids really need to settle down. All of you (not just the two quoted).

Can't people play nice?

No matter how you slice it and dice it, Rafa as Villa manager would not be a bad appointment on paper. No one knows how it will turn out, but he's got the CV and silverware to his name.

The amount of bickering on this forum is shocking. You kids really need to settle down. All of you (not just the two quoted).

Can't people play nice?

Can't people stop posting lists of managerial achievements?

All needs to be taken in context.