Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Apparently, Rafa is a realistic candidate so if he is appointed, would accurate information not come in useful?

Says who ?

And the "accurate"information you provide would be irrelevant as we fans aren't involved in the hiring process.

Seriously, what could we "use" that information for ? To change the poll from 2% to 3% ?

Our very own Bickster and Chindie have given me far more interesting information about Benitez than you have and they're Villa fans . Benitez is nothing without his old assistant, but you don't mention that very often do you ? (which is strange for someone with the inside track on Beneathus. )

VT is only a tiny percentage of Villa fans and of that tiny percentage , only 2% would want him as our manager .

You're fighting a losing battle and calling people "**** mugs" whilst doing so .

Speak for yourself I prefer to get the bigger picture from people who actually know about the situation.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said about 50 pages back now my brother works in accounts at Villa Park, and as far as hes concerned CA to Villa is not dead and never has been. Though as he also says it will cost a fortune to get him in and his backroom team,then the transfer budget. The Boss was at the club today and Ashley Young is at the club tomorrow for talks. Im not ITK but if i hear stuff i will share it,thats all i can do.

Apparently, Rafa is a realistic candidate so if he is appointed, would accurate information not come in useful?

Says who ?

And the "accurate"information you provide would be irrelevant as we fans aren't involved in the hiring process.

Seriously, what could we "use" that information for ? To change the poll from 2% to 3% ?

Our very own Bickster and Chindie have given me far more interesting information about Benitez than you have and they're Villa fans . Benitez is nothing without his old assistant, but you don't mention that very often do you ? (which is strange for someone with the inside track on Beneathus. )

VT is only a tiny percentage of Villa fans and of that tiny percentage , only 2% would want him as our manager .

You're fighting a losing battle and calling people "**** mugs" whilst doing so .

Thanks for proving my point.

Search the forum and you'll find I've debunked the Pako Ayesteran myth at least twice already. I'll do it again just for you:

Pako was the fitness guy. A bloody good one. And popular. But a bit of basic research will tell you that he left in the summer of 2007 and Liverpool's best form under Rafa came in 2009. That was when we finished second, twatted you lot 5-0, twatted Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate and twatted the Mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Where was Pako then?

Tw at is such an ungly word, but i think it sums Mr Redman up perfectly. Do you not have some kind or plop forum to post on? Or have you been barred for being a tosser?

As i said about 50 pages back now my brother works in accounts at Villa Park, and as far as hes concerned CA to Villa is not dead and never has been. Though as he also says it will cost a fortune to get him in and his backroom team,then the transfer budget. The Boss was at the club today and Ashley Young is at the club tomorrow for talks. Im not ITK but if i hear stuff i will share it,thats all i can do.

Thats all you can do, cheers.

My opinion hasn't altered one jot from last night, I still expect Carlo Ancelotti to be unveiled as the new manager of Aston Villa.

Admittedly, I'm aware of one other manager definitely being in the frame. That person is Rafa Benitez, but I can't say how I know.

Hope your right and CA is appointed... Rafa would be good alternative tho.

Soooooo....

Mark Hughes leaves Fulham... and they appoint Martin Jol within a week... yet at Villa Park... NOTHING. Carlos is ruled out, I can't see Moyes leaving even though I would blow my trousers off with joy if he did...

How have Fulham managed to get Jol? Does he want a job with no expectations?!?

Fulham have upgraded, fair play to them - but that statue is still horrid.

I posted a similar question earlier, fulham have got a better manager now, if Hughes does come to Villa then that makes our expectations less than Fulhams

I'm not sure it's the right thread for discussing it, but what makes Jol a better manager than Hughes?

Err... Only he has been far more successful than Hughes

Oh right, I must have missed that period of Jol's career

in managerial terms, what has hughes won?

ever?

what has been hughes top finish in the league?

jol, while no master has won the dutch cup 2 times and finished 5th in the premiership, both things beat anything hughes has done.

i cant understand this love in with hughes, an average manager who has never done anything people like david oleary havent done.

hughes has been a manager for 11 years, yes thats right, 11 years. he is not some new manager learning his trade. ancelotti has only managed 4 years more than him and has won shed loads of trophies for his clubs.

And that is all Jol has achieved in a 20 year career?

From Wikipedia:

Blackburn Rovers (2004–2008)

Hughes quit the Welsh national side in September 2004 to take charge of Blackburn Rovers in the FA Premier League, the last club he had played for.[13] His key aim was to keep Blackburn clear of relegation which he succeeded in doing, whilst also taking the club to an FA Cup semi-final for the first time in over 40 years.[14]

In his second season, Blackburn surprised even the most optimistic supporters by finishing inside the top six of the Premier League and qualifying for the UEFA Cup, beating teams such as Chelsea, Manchester United (twice) and Arsenal along the way. After just missing out on the League Cup final, his team sealed their spot in Europe by defeating champions Chelsea 1–0 at home.[15]

On 4 May 2006, Hughes and assistant Mark Bowen signed new three-year contracts to remain at Blackburn until the summer of 2009.[16]

Hughes then set about creating a formidable side at Ewood Park. He entered the transfer market, bringing in players such as Benni McCarthy (£2 million), David Bentley (£500,000), Ryan Nelsen (free), Stephen Warnock (£1.5 million), Roque Santa Cruz (£3.5 million), and Christopher Samba (£400,000). Rovers finished 10th in the Premier League in 2006–07, and reached the UEFA Cup round of 32, where they were knocked out by Bayer Leverkusen 3–2 on aggregate.[17] Rovers faced Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final, their third consecutive semi-final since Hughes took charge. The match ended in defeat 2–1.[18]

He won the October 2007 Award for the Premier League Manager of the Month,[19] and eventually led Blackburn to a league finish of 7th in 2007–08, Hughes' final season in charge at Ewood Park.

During his spell in charge of Blackburn, Hughes' side was accused of being "over-physical" and "dirty" on multiple occasions[20][21][22] and the club finished bottom of the Premier League disciplinary table in all four of Hughes' seasons in charge.[23]

Some cracking signings there for the outlay...

Soooooo....

Mark Hughes leaves Fulham... and they appoint Martin Jol within a week... yet at Villa Park... NOTHING. Carlos is ruled out, I can't see Moyes leaving even though I would blow my trousers off with joy if he did...

How have Fulham managed to get Jol? Does he want a job with no expectations?!?

Fulham have upgraded, fair play to them - but that statue is still horrid.

I posted a similar question earlier, fulham have got a better manager now, if Hughes does come to Villa then that makes our expectations less than Fulhams

I'm not sure it's the right thread for discussing it, but what makes Jol a better manager than Hughes?

Err... Only he has been far more successful than Hughes

Oh right, I must have missed that period of Jol's career

in managerial terms, what has hughes won?

ever?

what has been hughes top finish in the league?

jol, while no master has won the dutch cup 2 times and finished 5th in the premiership, both things beat anything hughes has done.

i cant understand this love in with hughes, an average manager who has never done anything people like david oleary havent done.

hughes has been a manager for 11 years, yes thats right, 11 years. he is not some new manager learning his trade. ancelotti has only managed 4 years more than him and has won shed loads of trophies for his clubs.

And that is all Jol has achieved in a 20 year career?

From Wikipedia:

Blackburn Rovers (2004–2008)

Hughes quit the Welsh national side in September 2004 to take charge of Blackburn Rovers in the FA Premier League, the last club he had played for.[13] His key aim was to keep Blackburn clear of relegation which he succeeded in doing, whilst also taking the club to an FA Cup semi-final for the first time in over 40 years.[14]

In his second season, Blackburn surprised even the most optimistic supporters by finishing inside the top six of the Premier League and qualifying for the UEFA Cup, beating teams such as Chelsea, Manchester United (twice) and Arsenal along the way. After just missing out on the League Cup final, his team sealed their spot in Europe by defeating champions Chelsea 1–0 at home.[15]

On 4 May 2006, Hughes and assistant Mark Bowen signed new three-year contracts to remain at Blackburn until the summer of 2009.[16]

Hughes then set about creating a formidable side at Ewood Park. He entered the transfer market, bringing in players such as Benni McCarthy (£2 million), David Bentley (£500,000), Ryan Nelsen (free), Stephen Warnock (£1.5 million), Roque Santa Cruz (£3.5 million), and Christopher Samba (£400,000). Rovers finished 10th in the Premier League in 2006–07, and reached the UEFA Cup round of 32, where they were knocked out by Bayer Leverkusen 3–2 on aggregate.[17] Rovers faced Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final, their third consecutive semi-final since Hughes took charge. The match ended in defeat 2–1.[18]

He won the October 2007 Award for the Premier League Manager of the Month,[19] and eventually led Blackburn to a league finish of 7th in 2007–08, Hughes' final season in charge at Ewood Park.

During his spell in charge of Blackburn, Hughes' side was accused of being "over-physical" and "dirty" on multiple occasions[20][21][22] and the club finished bottom of the Premier League disciplinary table in all four of Hughes' seasons in charge.[23]

Some cracking signings there for the outlay...

Arguing over two managers who wont be villa manager? shouldnt this be elsewhere? I dont care about Jol. Move on.

Says who ?

Search the forum and you'll find I've debunked the Pako Ayesteran myth at least twice already. I'll do it again just for you:

Pako was the fitness guy. A bloody good one. And popular. But a bit of basic research will tell you that he left in the summer of 2007 and Liverpool's best form under Rafa came in 2009. That was when we finished second, twatted you lot 5-0, twatted Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate and twatted the Mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Where was Pako then?

Tw at is such an ungly word, but i think it sums Mr Redman up perfectly. Do you not have some kind or plop forum to post on? Or have you been barred for being a tosser?

I'm sorry, I can't take this post seriously because your avatar is a cute rabbit. :lol:

Speak for yourself I prefer to get the bigger picture from people who actually know about the situation.

Your childish 3am "scoop" prank destroyed any of the tiny credibilty you had as a poster i'm afraid. I'd actually rather read Redman's posts than yours and thats saying something.

Says who ?

Where was Pako then?

I'm sorry, I can't take this post seriously because your avatar is a cute rabbit. :lol:

Hes actually a very angry little man, especially when he doesnt get his daily dose of strawberry!

My opinion hasn't altered one jot from last night, I still expect Carlo Ancelotti to be unveiled as the new manager of Aston Villa.

Admittedly, I'm aware of one other manager definitely being in the frame. That person is Rafa Benitez, but I can't say how I know.

Hope your right and CA is appointed... Rafa would be good alternative tho.

Those two would be my top 2 choices, i hope its Ancelotti though as im serious quids in if thats the case!

Like I said Kendrick knows more than he's letting on in my opinion.

But if he knew more why would he not write it...Journalists want to sell papers and he knew something good what reasons would there be not to publish it?

To keep a good relationship with the club which will enable the paper to post far more in the future rather then risk everything on one article.

Where was Pako then?

And what did you win in 2009 besides a few one off games again ? :winkold:

Like I said Kendrick knows more than he's letting on in my opinion.

But if he knew more why would he not write it...Journalists want to sell papers and he knew something good what reasons would there be not to publish it?

He kept quiet about the Bent deal, so why wouldn't he do the same now? Maybe he has been told what to report and what not to report in exchange for other information in the future.

The last thing Kendrick wants is to upset the club and risk not receiving any more information so if they've said keep quiet, I'm sure he will.

its not ancelotti

I will back up my statements with no attempt at proving them. I will just state what is more than likely, pretending that i know something.

Really - is this necessary? But lets play the game, how do you know this?