Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how you slice it and dice it, Rafa as Villa manager would not be a bad appointment on paper. No one knows how it will turn out, but he's got the CV and silverware to his name.

Agreed. And he is 'high profile' enough to suggest we may be able to attract better players or at a long shot, convince some to stay.

I've said it before, but Rafa's ability to manage a club isn't what puts me off him - it's the fact that he's an egomaniacal, lying sack of shit.

McLaren is a better manager than he's given credit for, but he doesn't get that credit because he's become something of a laughing stock - I don't think you ever overcome that, once the media have nailed you down it's almost impossible to get back up - players aren't bright enough to see past it and fans won't give him time - if he comes here and succeeds it'll be the edge of a footballing miracle.

Where are you lot on finding a manager now? Is Ancelotti still in the picture?

Coming up next on talkSHITE 'Are Villa a feeder club?'

Wow

Talkshite in shite talking shocker.

Don't sell Young to the red fookers, that would really make their tiny heads explode.

Giovanni Trapattoni (born 17 March 1939), known as "Trap",[4] is an Italian football coach and former player, considered the most successful club coach in the history of Serie A

I wouldnt recommend the above as i dont think he is right for villa but smashes Rafa out of the water in terms of achievements. So lets not just go for 'my favourtie has won more than yours'

You can list all FSW's achievements, but I just don't like the bloke. Can't stand the football that LFC played under him, so negative and dull. Will never forgive him for the way in which he/LFC's pursued GB; and I don't like his stupid goatee beard.

FACT.

Yup, what a failure Rafa is:

Manager

Real Madrid U-19s

Spain U-19 League (1): 1993

Spain U-19 Cup (2): 1991, 1993

Extremadura

Segunda División

Promotion (1): 1997–98

Tenerife

Segunda División (1): 2000–01

Valencia

La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

FA Cup (1): 2005–06

FA Community Shield (1): 2006

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Individual awards

Don Balón Award (1): 2001–02

UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05

FA Premier League Manager of the Month (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009

I'm tempted to make an "education in football" video and post it on youtube for some of you lot to view.

You can cut and paste all you like from Wiki... the truth is WE DON'T WANT HIM. FFS look at the poll

Listen don't let Talk shite get to us as apart from Andy Gray and Collymore there all Villa haters .

I listen every day from 6am till 6pm as I drive for a living and the ginger prick on drive time is always slagging us off. I honestly thought about waiting for the word removed once in London and kicking him off tower bridge, but I think the arsehole would still be slagging us off as the current takes him out to sea so thought better of it.

He's a shock jock and relies on winding up fans as he's show is a phone in. Trust me he will be slagging Spurs off tomorrow when Modric announces he wants to leave saying there a Man Utd feeder club.

This is like pulling teeth.

What do you think Pako was? Some kind of cup competition mascot?

We finished the 08/09 season with 86 points. 2 league defeats. That would have won us the title this season.

Pako was just the fitness coach. Does that compute yet?

So your trophyless period of 2008-2010 minus Pako was better than your European Cup victory with him ?

Interesting .

I think I'd rather have that Pako fella running our club than vagina face.

Mate, you've got no business calling anybody childish after this farce.

Of course the CL victory was better but since when was a miraculous cup run any indication of progress? We finished 5th that season. Behind **** Everton.

There's no correlation between Pako's departure and Liverpool's downfall. It's time to just accept it.

Giovanni Trapattoni (born 17 March 1939), known as "Trap",[4] is an Italian football coach and former player, considered the most successful club coach in the history of Serie A

I wouldnt recommend the above as i dont think he is right for villa but smashes Rafa out of the water in terms of achievements. So lets not just go for 'my favourtie has won more than yours'

frank rijkaard is the guy i hope

Steve McClaren 2.50

Mark Hughes 3.00

Owen Coyle 3.50

Roberto Martinez 6.00

Rafa Benitez 6.50

David Moyes 11.00

Martin ONeill 15.00

Frank Rijkaard 21.00

Carlo Ancelotti 21.00

Alan Curbishley 26.00

Steve Bruce 29.00

Kevin Macdonald 34.00

Slaven Bilic 34.00

Gianfranco Zola 34.00

Louis Van Gaal 34.00

Walter Smith 34.00

Gary McAllister 34.00

Jurgen Klinnsmann 34.00

Sven Goran Erikksson 34.00

Didier Deschamps 41.00

Gus Hiddink 41.00

Ray Wilkins 41.00

Fabio Capello 51.00

Ray Graydon 67.00

Gorden Cowans 67.00

Jose Mourinho 67.00

Diego Maradona 67.00

Andy Gray 251.00

Alan McInally 251.00

Tony Morley 501.00

sky journo Graham Bailey posted this 10 hours ago and seems to have missed many people.

Randy Lerner will jet in today to sort out new #avfc boss,still no McClaren approach but that may change shortly, dont rule out Moyes…

and in a reply

Just what I am told, although McClaren is in reckoning, Moyes looks to be on Lerner’s list – but yet to be confirmed

*Meant to say from IanRobo's site.

We need Hughes and I hope we get him. Solid appointmet he'd be and he'd know this would be his most important Job and his success or failure would define his managerial career

He's a mercenary. He isnt even a proven winner either. Next.

I'm tempted to make an "education in football" video and post it on youtube for some of you lot to view.

Go ahead. I need a laugh.

As long as it includes two defensive midfielders, and nicking cup games on away goals, Rafa is in.

At Valencia he was only a coach, did not buy players. Valencia spent BIG money and won the league in a period where Real and Barca werent, even recently relegated deportivo won the league.

At Plop, when he was given full control they finished 7th. The guy truely is a genius.

More myths.

Seriously, do you want to know the actual truth or not? If you're interested, I'll tell you.

At this point everybody is talking shite about who will be the next manager, so I am content with waiting and hoping for the best. The only thing I know for sure is I want KMac to get a role on the new first team coaching staff. In my opinion it is an abomination that we had GMac as assistant instead of KMac this past year (although who knows he could have been offered it and turned it down). In addition, get Laursen in to sort our defense out please!

Go ahead. I need a laugh.

The amount of bickering on this forum is shocking. You kids really need to settle down. All of you (not just the two quoted).

Can't people play nice?

Amen.

Striking a lighter tone, this made me laugh: http://bit.ly/lZ5WsG

Who knows what the hell is going on here.

Carlo A – well, he would be a coup and would be terribly exciting. But would his style work for us, bringing youth through, inevitably having to handle some journeymen in the interim before we have a team packed with stars? I'm not saying it would or won't, and I'd love to see him here. But surely we have to agree that the board and Randy have to think these deeper, long term issues through. (Which we can overlook in our enthusiasm.)

Rafa – I never quite get the animosity towards him. I'd be intrigued to have him with us.

Hughes – bah! A careerist. That said, if Randy happens to be convinced by him, I'd be happy to go with that. (I still have faith in RL, I really do.)

The Curbishleys and MacLarens of this world – good god, no!

And Moyes – I'm surely not the only one who can't see his luminous appeal. What are his credentials, exactly? (I'm not saying I wouldn't like him here, but I don't see how his experience fits for us. Why he is 'the one'. Maybe it's just me.)

Let's see, people. And like that erstwhile Villa fan Pike might have been told: "don't panic". (Yet.)

There's no correlation between Pako's departure and Liverpool's downfall. It's time to just accept it.

With Pako = Champions of Europe

Without Pako = Zilch .

No Correlation .?