Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

After all this I wouldn't mind Benitez.. He wouldn't be my first choice, but really he took Liverpool so far and nearly won the Premiership with them in the 07/08 season. I wouldn't mind finishing 2nd and winning the FA Cup and the Champions League and everything else he managed there.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds stupid but i hear Moyes is a done deal through somebody who knows somebody at the Villa,you know the usual B.S but thought i would mention it..........

I just cannot for life of me see that happening at all . 2 years left on contract at Everton etc .

I agree with you 100% but they are adamant it's a done deal,then what's with all the waiting i ask,they say compensation etc.....if you fancy it 12-1 ;-)

I'm going to take a punt on Moyes.....It has all gone quiet with him after his ALLEDGED quotes......I just have a feeling that maybe just maybe, Randy has always had him as his number 1 target. If it does turn out to be him being interviewed, I think it will be pretty much safe to say the job will be his...But, I'm no ITK...just guessing...

I hope Your correct, but knowing Us we'll end up with McLaren.

I know it sounds stupid but i hear Moyes is a done deal through somebody who knows somebody at the Villa,you know the usual B.S but thought i would mention it..........

I just cannot for life of me see that happening at all . 2 years left on contract at Everton etc .

I agree with you 100% but they are adamant it's a done deal,then what's with all the waiting i ask,they say compensation etc.....if you fancy it 12-1 ;-)

Youre a bookie aren't you?

:lol:

Moyes would be great but the amount of bitter Everton fans who would invade this forum and rage about him leaving would be ridiculous.

Would be ten times worse than Sunderland fans complaining about Bent.

Would love you to get Moyes for obvious reasons.

He's got to leave Everton at some point, hasn't he? Nobody could accuse him of disloyalty if he walked out now.

Well always thought so too ...but he seems practically Everton itself now . Hes so intertwined with Kenwright etc plus Id imagine the compensation with him having 2 years left on contract there would cost quite a bit and having just settled pay offs with both O'Neill and Houllier i just doubt its something wed be thinking of.

Moyes would be great but just really can't see it

Simply put - i would be very very suprised if we got him now.

wouldnt we have to agree a compensation package with everton before we could even sit down with moyes?

this would surely have leaked to the media from the everton side so there is no way it is moyes being interviewed tomorrow

McClaren and Coyle joint favourite now..Both @ 5/2 with skybet. But we all know how much the bookmakers know don't we.

I used to work in a bookies and it takes a pitifully small amount of money on a next manager bet for them to start panicking. IIRC a bet of €25 or more on a next manager bet required a call to the trading department. Afraid of inside info. Bookies were stung big time when Howard Wilkinson got the Sunderland job.

Btw jurgen klingsman's name is floating around

I popped a fiver on him earlier in the week at 50/1 just out of blind madness. Be a lovely £255 back if it comes off :D

Didn't realise that Klinnsman had Premier League managerial exp.

Where did they say premier league managerial experience? The phrase is a manager with premier league experience. NOT premier league managerial experience.

Anyway, my bet was when I was pissed and thought fook it.

Oh, ok...So they will choose someone with Prem Exp playing wise. I see.

You really haven't been reading my posts regards Klinsmann at all have you?

I stated I put a punt on him when I was pissed and thought '**** it'. How the hell you've turned this into a debate about premiership experience is beyond me?!?

you are looking fare too DEEP into what I've said mate.

To be honest I have been wondering why everybody seemed to take Mat Kendrick's word as gospel, all of a sudden. Just cause he got one story right practically the day that it happened. He doesn't know anything. I guess we'll wait and see.