Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still 100% think it will be Ancelotti unveiled as new Villa manager. Today was the perfect way to snuff out what was pretty severe mounting expectation yesterday among the Villa fans. But it has been done in a way not to completely discredit the possibility and now gives the two parties breathing space to thrash out a deal.

Like someone said earlier, as in the case with Hughes, if Ancelotti really wanted to rule himself out of any jobs he would have issued a statement through his agent, like Hughes did. A few vague comments to an Italian rag mean nothing in my opinion.

Then there's the discrepency between what Carlo reportedly says about not hearing off any English club, and Mat Kendrick who is adamant Villa have been in contact.

Ancelotti says in those quotes that he needs a rest from the game, but one thing that will ALWAYS tempt a manager back into a job is if he knows he is wanted - and let me assure you, Ancelotti will be fully briefed on the fact that Villa fans have been positively buzzing about him for days, as will Lerner. Didn't he say the other week he really wants to stay and manage in England? And now he suddenly wants a year out to "watch" other managers? Pull the other one - don't believe that for a second. He is the only guy that would really unite this fanbase and send a message to the footballing world, and Lerner knows this, so if you think I'm going to believe a few vague quotes from a foreign tabloid you are mistaken.

Mark my words, I'm not ITK or anything of the sort, but we haven't heard the last of Ancelotti yet...

Also, I might be mistaken, but didn't he receive a smaller payoff from Chelsea so that they would remove the clause that said he could not manager another team for 12 months?

Why would he accept less money to remove this clause and then just decide to have 12 months off? Very strange.

Where did you read/hear about this clause? Could be very very relevant...

I think I first read it on here and then found this article about it. I'm not sure how reliable it is though.

ExpressandStar

Carlo Ancelotti today ruled himself out of the manager’s vacancy at Villa by revealing he will take a one-year sabbatical from coaching after leaving Chelsea.

The Italian has been heavily linked with the job and emerged as the fans’ choice for the position over the past few days, but that now appears unlikely after he confirmed his decision to take a break.

It is a blow for Villa owner Randy Lerner, who had hoped to persuade Ancelotti to take over the position and he will now turn his attention elsewhere.

Lerner had optimistically hoped to persuade Ancelotti, who had also been linked with the Roma job, to take over from Gerard Houllier following his departure from the club because of health problems.

The claret and blues hierarchy had been encouraged by the fact the Italian had expressed a desire to continue his managerial career in the Premier League.

It had been also rumoured that Ancelotti had clause in his Chelsea contract which might have prevented him from taking over another English club, although subsequent reports suggested this had been removed.

What is now clear is that Ancelotti can be discarded from the list of candidates for the Villa hotseat after revealing his decision to spend a year away from frontline management.

Ancelotti said: “I am in no hurry to coach and I don’t need to. I have not been contacted by any club in England and I have not spoken to Roma. It is all fantasy.

“I have enjoyed this experience of coaching in England and I will return to London to organise my life. Besides a six-month break, I have been coaching non-stop since 1995.

“I will take a year off and look around, study how my colleagues work.”

Lerner will now turn his attentions elsewhere with Steve McClaren, Martin Jol and Rafael Benitez all out of work and keen to take over at Villa.

I'm sure there was a better article that went into more detail about him accepting less compensation but I'm not sure where that is, sorry.

Well that rules out rijkaard then good, i reckon the prime candidate is rafa though id bet on that if i knew how too!

Pop into to Your local bookmakers with some cash and tell them!!! They will rip your hand off...

I know it sounds stupid but i hear Moyes is a done deal through somebody who knows somebody at the Villa,you know the usual B.S but thought i would mention it..........

I would be very happy with that. It has been surprisingly quiet on the Moyes front. :detect:

Btw jurgen klingsman's name is floating around

I popped a fiver on him earlier in the week at 50/1 just out of blind madness. Be a lovely £255 back if it comes off :D

Didn't realise that Klinnsman had Premier League managerial exp.

Where did they say premier league managerial experience? The phrase is a manager with premier league experience. NOT premier league managerial experience.

Anyway, my bet was when I was pissed and thought fook it.

I'm going to take a punt on Moyes.....It has all gone quiet with him after his ALLEDGED quotes......I just have a feeling that maybe just maybe, Randy has always had him as his number 1 target. If it does turn out to be him being interviewed, I think it will be pretty much safe to say the job will be his...But, I'm no ITK...just guessing...

Btw jurgen klingsman's name is floating around

I popped a fiver on him earlier in the week at 50/1 just out of blind madness. Be a lovely £255 back if it comes off :D

Didn't realise that Klinnsman had Premier League managerial exp.

Where did they say premier league managerial experience? The phrase is a manager with premier league experience. NOT premier league managerial experience.

Anyway, my bet was when I was pissed and thought fook it.

Oh, ok...So they will choose someone with Prem Exp playing wise. I see.

Does anyone think that Randy might be a bit wrong in only considering managers with Premier League experience?

I know nothing has been said now but that was one of the criteria when MON quit and now those comments from Kendrick?

Personally I don't think it should matter as long as the manager speaks good English and is comfortable working as a manager without a DoF.

Can managers at other clubs be interviewed? Or would we need permission to talk to them? If we are interviewing them then it would seem like they are free agents, so no Moyes!

I know it sounds stupid but i hear Moyes is a done deal through somebody who knows somebody at the Villa,you know the usual B.S but thought i would mention it..........

I just cannot for life of me see that happening at all . 2 years left on contract at Everton etc .

So? They would be compensated.