Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis been posted?

Villa Matt on Talk Sport has just tweeted;

@talkSPORTDrive: Here goes. Astonishing if true, but I've just been told "there is a chance" Martin O'Neill could go back to Villa. Ad" WOW

To be fair, Gerard Houllier has cleared the decks for MON. Getting rid of O'Neill's poorer signings. For me, I think he hit the glass ceiling and after the Carling Cup final, I thought to myself "is this it?, can we do any better with MON in charge?" Would you want to go back to his quirky ways and strange signings? That ship has sailed methinks. Time for Villa to move on.

Im with you 8)

Sweet Lord, is this how desperate it's become?

How come people are even allowed to live, never mind retain VT status, after quoting anything from Talksport, never mind Talksport 'Drive'??

In addition to this, GAAAAAAAHHHH!!

40/1 on a MON return, could be worth a cheeky 50p. MON is better manager than Steve McClaren. As twitter just reminded me, didn't Fergie Junior go back to Peterbough after falling out with the chairman? This shit is possible in this world. Initial reactions are **** off, but there are managers I'd rather not have at the club than O'Neil.

THis been posted?

@talkSPORTDrive: Here goes. Astonishing if true, but I've just been told "there is a chance" Martin O'Neill could go back to Villa. Ad" WOW

To be fair, Gerard Houllier has cleared the decks for MON. Getting rid of O'Neill's poorer signings. For me, I think he hit the glass ceiling and after the Carling Cup final, I thought to myself "is this it?, can we do any better with MON in charge?" Would you want to go back to his quirky ways and strange signings? That ship has sailed methinks. Time for Villa to move on.

Im with you 8)

And me too. MON burned his boats at Villa last summer. I remain completely convinced that he deliberately resigned to cause the club maximum damage. So there is no way back for me

Added to that I genuinely think he had taken the club as far as he could. Much better to bring a fresh face in to take us to the next level. GH had some good ideas but was not right for us.

40/1 on a MON return, could be worth a cheeky 50p. MON is better manager than Steve McClaren. As twitter just reminded me, didn't Fergie Junior go back to Peterbough after falling out with the chairman? This shit is possible in this world. Initial reactions are **** off, but there are managers I'd rather not have at the club than O'Neil.

My initial reaction is "**** off" and my carefully considered reaction after a moments thought is "**** off" too.

THis been posted?

Im with you 8)

Sweet Lord, is this how desperate it's become?

How come people are even allowed to live, never mind retain VT status, after quoting anything from Talksport, never mind Talksport 'Drive'??

In addition to this, GAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Gavin and Stacy has just started. It might put you in a good mood and calm you down a little :winkold: :lol:

it would be utterly surreal

Do people really think Lerner would have O Neill back after he had to come to an 'arrangement' (possibly some sort of compensation package) with a bloke who screwed up his job then walked away from it??

Would your old boss welcome you back to work after you'd done the same??

"that's it son, its your **** up, you've turned your back on it, I've had to pay you money for doing it.......Welcome Back!!"

-----------Not a Chance----------

Latest Odds

Steve McClaren 2.75

Mark Hughes 3.50

Rafa Benitez 4.33

Roberto Martinez 6.00

David Moyes 11.00

Frank Rijkaard 13.00

Martin Jol 13.00

Carlo Ancelotti 15.00

Alan Curbishley 26.00

Steve Bruce 29.00

Kevin Macdonald 34.00

Slaven Bilic 34.00

Gianfranco Zola 34.00

Louis Van Gaal 34.00

Walter Smith 34.00

Gary McAllister 34.00

Jurgen Klinnsmann 34.00

Sven Goran Erikksson 34.00

Ray Wilkins 41.00

Didier Deschamps 41.00

Gus Hiddink 41.00

Martin ONeill 41.00

Fabio Capello 51.00

Ray Graydon 67.00

Gorden Cowans 67.00

Jose Mourinho 67.00

Diego Maradona 67.00

Andy Gray 251.00

Alan McInally 251.00

Tony Morley 501.00

Managerial Honors

Steve McClaren - None

Mark Hughes - None

Rafa Benitez -

Real Madrid U-19s

Spain U-19 League (1): 1993

Spain U-19 Cup (2): 1991, 1993

Extremadura

Segunda División Promotion (1): 1997–98

Tenerife

Segunda División (1): 2000–01

Valencia

La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

FA Cup (1): 2005–06

FA Community Shield (1): 2006

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Roberto Martinez - Swansea City

Football League One Winners: 2008

David Moyes - Preston North End

Football League Second Division

Champions – 1999–2000

Frank Rijkaard - Barcelona UEFA Champions League 2005/06

La Liga 2004/2005, 2005/06

Supercopa de España 2005, 2006

Galatasaray 2009–10 Turkish Cup Quarter-finalist

Netherlands UEFA Euro 2000 Semi-finalist

Martin Jol - Roda JC KNVB Cup (1): 1996–97

AFC Ajax KNVB Cup (1): 2009–10

[edit] With Everton

FA Cup finalist: 2009

Who would you really want?????????????

My initial reaction is "**** off" and my carefully considered reaction after a moments thought is "**** off" too.

Yeah I still have **** off floating around my head to be honest, trying to tell it to **** off but it ain't helping.

MON back at VP??!! He walked out on the club 4 days before the start of last season!!

If it's true RL vetoed James Milner coming back because he was worried he might do it again, then why would Randy sanction MON coming back?!!

Again conflicting reports that are illogical and frankly don't add up.

None of us know what's going on, but that doesn't mean nothing is going on!!!