Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Don't worry it will happen. Steves probably just working his way through another rosseta stone course.

The mans a proven winner and will be worth the wait.

Feck off you blue nose fanny and get a life

Judging by that chavvy retarded comment I think you should take your own advice.

Someone likes a different manager than the majority and they get abused.

Is there any way I can report this child to the mods please.

They are listed on the right take your pic

You are a nose. Clearly obvious to me and a few others

on here, so take your 13 fingers elsewhere

You don't realise how incredibly stupid you look. You sound like an inbred Norfolk farmer who has seen an outsider in the village you don't recognise.

I have a different opinion than you so you tell me to f-off. Frustrated little facist.

Considering that nothing is going to happen until the end of this week, this has at least cheered me up a bit...and they say we're obsessed with them?

Chin up Valhalla, Brighton away this season!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else not thought it strange that Valhalla has a picture of Karen Brady as his display picture?

Am i the only one on here that would give her one?

Or am i just desperate? :shock:

Sorry to break it to you my friend, but yes, you are desperate :)

Has anyone else not thought it strange that Valhalla has a picture of Karen Brady as his display picture?

Beggers cant be choosers, and i reckon she does a lot of begging :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'd still give her one - but it would probably involve using a sledgehammer :bonk:

*Raises hand slowly* Can't help myself when watching the Apprentice.

I'd BANG IT! just the once though.

I'm with Chris, I think I probably would, although I would probably spit on her half way through.

Take this with a huge dump of salt, but Albanian, Dutch and Turk media are reporting that we've been in contact with Rijkaard.

this was reported before GH stepped down

if he walks through the door at avfc I think my heart will skip a beat, this guy is in ancelottis league, this will make the misfits at our club think twice about banging on about playing champions league football.

I doubt the board have yet to contact any manager.. I would believe that they waited on the medical advice 1st before making the decission on Houllier.. Now I would think they have contacted various advisors over the selection of a potential replacement.

This week I would imagine the board to draw up a list and start to contact the managers and their agents/clubs etc..

The club have already said that Hughes is basically ruled out, his leaving of Fulham was nothing to do with them. They made this clear as soon as he left Fulham to quash any specualtion that may appear.

Ancelotti has been spoken to by the press, he has said he wants to take a year out and again has not been contacted by the club.

Rijkaard and a few others may have sent their agents to enquire about the possition and let the club know of their availability. But again its doubtful the club have contacted any manager as of yet.

The interesting thing is that Moyes has been quiet and his comment in the press saying

'As far as I know I'm here and I'm the manager. I want to have a club where I can give the supporters something, I want a good fresh challenge when we come back next summer and hopefully that will be the case.'

Is very interesting...And I think after all the noise on many fan forum sites excited in prospect of him joining Villa last time we were looking for a manager,may just tip the scales in our favour for Lerner to go all out and get his man.

But as I say I dont think much has been done as yet...Most of them will have been on holiday since the season ended. Is Lerner even in this country at the moment?

The more I think about it logically the more I realise that the board cannot be considering McClaren for manager.

If one of the prerequisites of the job is having experience of managing in the PL then they are obviously placing great credence on the record that the prospective manager has in the PL. If this is the case then clearly both Hughes and Jol have better records and are also, like McClaren, free agents. So they would both be ahead of McClaren on that score.

Then take into account the absolute PR disaster that appointing McClaren would be, compared to... well just about any of the other candidates coupled with the almost universal negative reaction that would be engendered within the fanbase and the appointment of McClaren would appear just pure folly.

It's ok folks, McClaren won't be manager.

I'd have to go back for seconds i'm afraid, hard!

Warming to Rijkaard. People on here going on like he's terrible but he did well in Turkey when you look at where Gala were when he took over. Cleared dead wood out of there too. Big name as well, which is what everyone seems to want.

I'd have to go back for seconds i'm afraid, hard!

Oh no...Once would be enough for me

I'm with Chris, I think I probably would, although I would probably spit on her half way through.

Isn't it a dude?

The more I think about it logically the more I realise that the board cannot be considering McClaren for manager.

If one of the prerequisites of the job is having experience of managing in the PL then they are obviously placing great credence on the record that the prospective manager has in the PL. If this is the case then clearly both Hughes and Jol have better records and are also, like McClaren, free agents. So they would both be ahead of McClaren on that score.

Then take into account the absolute PR disaster that appointing McClaren would be, compared to... well just about any of the other candidates coupled with the almost universal negative reaction that would be engendered within the fanbase and the appointment of McClaren would appear just pure folly.

don't want to alarm you but somebody here did say though that Lerner and McClaren "get on" or words to that effect!

Steves club record is good, you could argue he has done a lot more than Hughes has. Yes most people would be against him at first but I think most would settle down and give him a chance.

Matt Kendrick was only speculating that the next manager must have Premierleague experiance.. Its has "not" been quoted from the club this time around..

So Rijkaard,Deschamps and many others etc could well be in the frame.