Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Has anyone else not thought it strange that Valhalla has a picture of Karen Brady as his display picture?

Am i the only one on here that would give her one?

Or am i just desperate? :shock:

*Raises hand slowly* Can't help myself when watching the Apprentice.

I'd BANG IT! just the once though.

I'd have to go back for seconds i'm afraid, hard!

Don't you lads have any standards eh? :winkold:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Kendrick was only speculating that the next manager must have Premierleague experiance.. Its has "not" been quoted from the club this time around..

So Rijkaard,Deschamps and many others etc could well be in the frame.

Still had to get Deschamps in there huh? He's signed a new contract today. so won't be coming anywhere near B6. Want a hanky?

Has anyone else not thought it strange that Valhalla has a picture of Karen Brady as his display picture?

Am i the only one on here that would give her one?

Or am i just desperate? :shock:

*Raises hand slowly* Can't help myself when watching the Apprentice.

I'd BANG IT! just the once though.

I'd have to go back for seconds i'm afraid, hard!

Oh no...Once would be enough for me

If i enjoyed it, i might be persuaded to go back for another :lol:

Matt Kendrick was only speculating that the next manager must have Premierleague experiance.. Its has "not" been quoted from the club this time around..

So Rijkaard,Deschamps and many others etc could well be in the frame.

Didier you only said today that you're staying at Marseille for another season. Don't go and do a Downing.

I would be happier with Rijkaard than McClaren thats for sure....

It doesn't bare thinking about having Schhhhteve McClown at the helm come August. I'd be extremely disgruntled if the board believe for one minute that out of all the managers out of work; he is the most qualified to take a club of our stature forward....

The more I think about it logically the more I realise that the board cannot be considering McClaren for manager.

If one of the prerequisites of the job is having experience of managing in the PL then they are obviously placing great credence on the record that the prospective manager has in the PL. If this is the case then clearly both Hughes and Jol have better records and are also, like McClaren, free agents. So they would both be ahead of McClaren on that score.

Then take into account the absolute PR disaster that appointing McClaren would be, compared to... well just about any of the other candidates coupled with the almost universal negative reaction that would be engendered within the fanbase and the appointment of McClaren would appear just pure folly.

It's ok folks, McClaren won't be manager.

Steves club record is good, you could argue he has done a lot more than Hughes has. Yes most people would be against him at first but I think most would settle down and give him a chance.

Steves record with Twente is good, his record with Boro is average at best. Despite the heavy backing he recieved as manager he achieved only one top ten finish, where as Hughes has never finished outside of the top ten when he has had a full season in charge at a club, with much smaller resources, Man City aside.

So yes you could argue, but your case would be weak.

I want Moyes but he's got not ambition and will just rot at Everton.

I then swayed to Anceloti and Wilkins but he's ruled himself out. Now for me the only realistic man for the Job is Mark Hughes. I like him as a man and loved him as a player.. as a manager I'm unsure but he seems to have done well wherever he's been and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't stand for any of the shit the players through at Houllier this season. He's young got ambition and more passion than any other manager in the league.

There's no way on this earth Randy will appoint a fat Spanish waiter or a Wolly with a Brolly with a Dodgy Dutch accent !!

Who cares what Rijkaard has achieved outside Barca - look what he achieved in it!!

That could be us inyears to come.... He can lay the foundations for brilliance... ultimately leading us to world domination. In the football world...

Rijkaard please :D .... now Ancelotti is a no.

The more I think about it logically the more I realise that the board cannot be considering McClaren for manager.

If one of the prerequisites of the job is having experience of managing in the PL then they are obviously placing great credence on the record that the prospective manager has in the PL. If this is the case then clearly both Hughes and Jol have better records and are also, like McClaren, free agents. So they would both be ahead of McClaren on that score.

Then take into account the absolute PR disaster that appointing McClaren would be, compared to... well just about any of the other candidates coupled with the almost universal negative reaction that would be engendered within the fanbase and the appointment of McClaren would appear just pure folly.

Steves club record is good, you could argue he has done a lot more than Hughes has. Yes most people would be against him at first but I think most would settle down and give him a chance.

Steves record with Twente is good, his record with Boro is average at best. Despite the heavy backing he recieved as manager he achieved only one top ten finish, where as Hughes has never finished outside of the top ten when he has had a full season in charge at a club, with much smaller resources, Man City aside.

Steve got England playing again,best football since 66 in my opinion. Borough fell apart after mclaren left. I think he over achieved there.

Main thing I have against Hughes is his habit of walking out on clubs. We have already had one tosser do that and I wouldn't be keen on another.

Steve would respect this job and be in it for the long term.

Steve got England playing again,best football since 66 in my opinion. Borough fell apart after mclaren left. I think he over achieved there.

Main thing I have against Hughes is his habit of walking out on clubs. We have already had one tosser do that and I wouldn't be keen on another.

You're brilliant, do you do requests??

Steve got England playing again,best football since 66 in my opinion

Your kidding, please tell me this is a wind up :lol::lol:

'Steve got England playing again,best football since 66 in my opinion.' Nothing anyone can say to that apart from.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wave::wave::wave: bye

'Steve would respect this job and be in it for the long term.

I like Rijkaard.

Even more so, I like the fact that he's been at Barca, Galatasaray and Holland. Succesful or not, I can't help thinking he would bring quite a bit of experience and a lot of their winning ethic to VP. He would hardly be awed by the task, or the probable level of expectation, so I think he could hit the ground running so to speak.

We need someone to instil a kind of winning mentality in our lot and maybe he could be right for us. If he is'nt, well the alternatives (given that Moyes and Ancelotti are seemingly beyond our reach) hardly fill me with much hope.