Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

THis been posted?

Villa Matt on Talk Sport has just tweeted;

@talkSPORTDrive: Here goes. Astonishing if true, but I've just been told "there is a chance" Martin O'Neill could go back to Villa. Ad" WOW

To be fair, Gerard Houllier has cleared the decks for MON. Getting rid of O'Neill's poorer signings. For me, I think he hit the glass ceiling and after the Carling Cup final, I thought to myself "is this it?, can we do any better with MON in charge?" Would you want to go back to his quirky ways and strange signings? That ship has sailed methinks. Time for Villa to move on.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one pushing for McClaren is Graham Taylor....I just hope the club dont listen to turnip head.

Have some respect son, that 'Turnip Head' stopped this club going the way of Sheffield Wednesday :angry:

The only thing I want to know is why quite a few want Moyes. It surely can't be because he has such a great managerial record. What is it with him that makes him such a strong canditate compared to for instace Rijkaard?

Moyes has no Ambition!

I was convinced by someone I trust that Ancelotti was going to be announced this week ! Hence this mornings post on here.

I was also told that the comments from the Italian "rag" (La Stampa, in Italy they have all the authenticity of the Daily Mirror)

about him wanting 6 months off and studying colleagues working methods have been re hashed from a previous interview given sometime ago - and they've also been duplicitous reports as to whether we've been in touch or not, so apologies for coming over as another crap ITK - it wasn't my intention & I think I'll now leave it to folk who have more information than I do !

THis been posted?

Villa Matt on Talk Sport has just tweeted;

@talkSPORTDrive: Here goes. Astonishing if true, but I've just been told "there is a chance" Martin O'Neill could go back to Villa. Ad" WOW

To be fair, Gerard Houllier has cleared the decks for MON. Getting rid of O'Neill's poorer signings. For me, I think he hit the glass ceiling and after the Carling Cup final, I thought to myself "is this it?, can we do any better with MON in charge?" Would you want to go back to his quirky ways and strange signings? That ship has sailed methinks. Time for Villa to move on.

Im with you 8)

The only thing I want to know is why quite a few want Moyes. It surely can't be because he has such a great managerial record. What is it with him that makes him such a strong canditate compared to for instace Rijkaard?

Moyes has no Ambition!

exactly, I hope we appoint Rjikard or Hughes and we smash them next season just to show him the choices he made and what he has to live with, then again I could be gettin a bit carried away!

Steve McClaren 2.75

Mark Hughes 3.50

Rafa Benitez 4.33

Roberto Martinez 6.00

David Moyes 11.00

Frank Rijkaard 13.00

Martin Jol 13.00

Carlo Ancelotti 15.00

Alan Curbishley 26.00

Steve Bruce 29.00

Kevin Macdonald 34.00

Slaven Bilic 34.00

Gianfranco Zola 34.00

Louis Van Gaal 34.00

Walter Smith 34.00

Gary McAllister 34.00

Jurgen Klinnsmann 34.00

Sven Goran Erikksson 34.00

Ray Wilkins 41.00

Didier Deschamps 41.00

Gus Hiddink 41.00

Martin ONeill 41.00

Fabio Capello 51.00

Ray Graydon 67.00

Gorden Cowans 67.00

Jose Mourinho 67.00

Diego Maradona 67.00

Andy Gray 251.00

Alan McInally 251.00

Tony Morley 501.00

Mon never, no, no no no. And if Mr lerner even considers it then he should join Mon with the owl and the pussycat.

I expect to have a manager who we will be pleased with and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Having MON back would be like rekindling some old relationship........they don't work. Amusing theory though.

We need to set our stall out and employ someone who can drive us forward, with style and not just keep us going round in mid-table circles. Rijkaard has a few of the attributes we need and possibly vice-versa.

I'd rather have Mark Hughes than Martin O'Neill.

Yes, me too. If only becasue we wouldn't quite know what Hughes brings to the party, whereas MON would want to host it, before promptly walking out before the washing up was done.

Steve McClaren 2.75

Mark Hughes 3.50

Rafa Benitez 4.33

Roberto Martinez 6.00

David Moyes 11.00

Frank Rijkaard 13.00

Martin Jol 13.00

Carlo Ancelotti 15.00

Alan Curbishley 26.00

Steve Bruce 29.00

Kevin Macdonald 34.00

Slaven Bilic 34.00