Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just asked the guy why would we wait until the end of June for a manager...he's reply was that Hughes has been the number 1 target from the off and will be sorted before the end of the month????

Love how this ITK info has only surfaced since Ancelotti ruled himself out.

As I pointed out in an earlier post I would have loved Ancelotti, having said that Moyes has always been my first choice.....FFS sake I also stated I was not ITK.

MatKendrick

I know for a fact #avfc did sound out Ancelotti's advisors (despite his no contact/fantasy comments), but he's said 'no'

Hmmmmm who to believe, the man himself or a man who makes his living off writing stories.

Actually, technically you only have a choice of 'a man who makes his living off writing stories' and 'a man who make his living off writing stories'.

Unless you have seena spoken interview with Ancelotti ?

Why does no-one realise they can both be true? Villa have spoken to representatives of Ancelotti's, as Kendrick said, but have not spoken directly to Ancelotti, only to his advisors, as Ancelotti has said. It's not that complex.

That's got nothing to do with my comment.

My comment was based on the OP's assumption that Matt Kendrick's comments shouldn't be believed because he's a 'hack' whereas the comments from Italy which also appear in a newspaper, somehow hold more credibility because they are attributed to Ancelotti.

Well i did vote for Carlo though if all this is true about us approaching him...him thinking about it over the weekend..... him saying he's not interested.... then well quite frankly i'm glad he's not coming as he is obviously nothing more than a cheque book manager & hasn't the bottle to take on what must surely be a more exciting though much bigger challenge than his previous jobs.

So now i would like to see any from:

A: Moyes, Hughes, Rafa,

B: Jol, Martinez,

C: Ranieri, Rikjaard.

D: McLaren, Dr Spock, Orinoco or Bob the builder.

Benitez over Jol, Martinez and Rijkaard....hmmmmm ok then

Yep! Because Rijkaard would be an out & out gamble & hasn't the best track record either. Martinez i do like though he only just kept Wigan up by the skin of his teeth which worries me & Jol? Well i do like him though am not sure whether he could really take us any further as he showed with Spurs who for me are a similar sized club to us.

Rafa on the other hand has a more proven track record, knows the country & Premiership well, still lives here & has bags of experience plus a point to prove after his Inter debacle & of course his run in with the Liverpool heirachy who did not help his cause by all accounts.

Sounds like you disagree which is fine just my opinion.

The way I imagine it'll work out is Randy will fly in, sell Young to Man Utd and come up with some plans for managers. Will fly back to USA and leave Faulkner to sort it about and he'll fly back over when they need to sign on the dotted line. It'll be another fortnight at best. We all know how we like to take things slowly.

Call me crazy, but what odds on Wenger deciding he fancies a new adventure? My guess is based purely on his love of a claret tie with blue shirt, and ponchont for developing youth and spending money, and an annoying sense in the back of my head that you never know.

**** me I'm not even pissed to think that?! :D

Not the first time I've heard the Belfry mentioned with regards to Villa, but I can never work out why.

No one ever says 'Drayton Manor Park'

I thought Newhall was the preferred choice due to its privacy? Belfry is way to public for something like this