Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i did vote for Carlo though if all this is true about us approaching him...him thinking about it over the weekend..... him saying he's not interested.... then well quite frankly i'm glad he's not coming as he is obviously nothing more than a cheque book manager & hasn't the bottle to take on what must surely be a more exciting though much bigger challenge than his previous jobs.

So now i would like to see any from:

A: Moyes, Hughes, Rafa,

B: Jol, Martinez,

C: Ranieri, Rikjaard.

D: McLaren, Dr Spock, Orinoco or Bob the builder.

Benitez over Jol, Martinez and Rijkaard....hmmmmm ok then

No one can moan about the boards ambition as the board did try to get Ancelotti

He has been quoted today that nobody has contacted him, so no they haven't

Contact could just be a simple asking about is he interested, he may not of seen it as contact, alot has been reported that contact was made.

If we can't get a top top manager (Ancelloti) then I'd honestly prefer us to go for Martinez, Lambert or Poyet. I'd rather have a young hungry manager who'd be grateful for the chance and get us playing attacking football. Hughes/Jol/Moyes are much of a muchness to me, I wouldn't be disappointed but I think all three have proven what they can do - pretty much what we've done for the last ten years. Time for a bit of a risk.

I'm sort of coming around to this way of thinking as well. There are some very bright managerial prospects out there (the three you mention in particular, plus maybe Coyle), but one of these would be a huge gamble that could easily backfire.

True but I actually think that the risk of disaster is much higher with a manager who has a big reputation to protect and an ego that splits the dressing room. I've met Poyet and know people who work with him on a daily basis and they all love him because he's so hungry, passionate but also extremely approachable and respected, he's the epitome of the modern manager and I suspect Lambert and Martinez are similar characters. I just think we need something a bit different because, let's be honest, if MON failed to break the top 6 I can't see Moyes et al doing it.

I don't understand the Benitez claims to be honest. Good manager perhaps a while ago but has completely lost it since then. He also has no charisma.

You're doing the guy a massive injustice but I won't go into it again.

Hardly his record pretty much shows that. I'm not taking away from him what he has won as a manager in the past.

He was managing Liverpool with his hands tied.

Madrid, Juventus, Bayern all approached him at one time or another. He could have gone and maintained his record. But he didn't - he stayed to fight for Liverpool.

And this is his reward - his record is tarnished and now not even Villa want him (no offence but you're not Madrid, Juventus or Bayern).

I'm a little perplexed that The Fat Spanish Waiter's name is still floating around, and now Ancellotti has ruled himself out, he appears to be the bookies favourite

Have Villa ever actually done anything at the Belfry?

The ITKs always seem to use the Belfry as some sort of place for Villa to unveil new signings etc.

But as far as I can remember I've never seen anything done there.

Mac McCarthy wrote:

May i suggest to you all, to check out the Belfry ? i have been given some trusty info that Villa are about to shock everyone ? !

Mourinho or Alex Ferguson it is then... well, I would be quite happy about that.

I'm a little perplexed that The Fat Spanish Waiter's name is still floating around, and now Ancellotti has ruled himself out, he appears to be the bookies favourite

I got the feeling Lerner wanted a manager who had actually won something in this league. Hence why we went for Houllier.

With Ancelotti out that leaves Rafa as a target following that line.

I got the feeling Lerner wanted a manager who had actually won something in this league. Hence why we went for Houllier.

With Ancelotti out that leaves Rafa as a target following that line.

Which, as a carling cup winner, would also explain McLaren featuring quite highly.

Not the first time I've heard the Belfry mentioned with regards to Villa, but I can never work out why.

Because a few think the rest of us are idiots, that's why.