Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I had some info the other day suggesting things might not be so "positive" in the manager search and I am starting to think I should have listened to what had been said to me. Instead I believed the ITKs etc on here. Only one other person was given the info by me and he would back me up on that too. If this SM thing does come off I might reveal some info as it would be in the interest of the fans to know.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some info the other day suggesting things might not be so "positive" in the manager search and I am starting to think I should have listened to what had been said to me. Instead I believed the ITKs etc on here. Only one other person was given the info by me and he would back me up on that too. If this SM thing does come off I might reveal some info as it would be in the interest of the fans to know.

Do it now ya cock tease

I've sat in a darkened room for the last hour and have come through the pain.

Ancelotti clearly doesn't have the hunger to manage us to the CL so we need a youngish talented manager with the energy to sort us out. Moyes it is!

Will people ShutTFU about Jol. Here's a list of managerial honors.

Roda JC

KNVB Cup (1): 1996–97

AFC Ajax

KNVB Cup (1): 2009–10

Two tin pot domestic cups. He couldn't win the league with Ajax FFS. I remind you THIS IS ABOUT OUR NEXT MANAGER NOT WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR MATE.

I despair at the amount of numpties we have following us.

ahem, i would contend that there is only 1 numpty here.

I guess you would like Ron Atkinson over Hughes based on your criteria?

For all the anti McLaren and Raffa posts, both are good managers. Raffa in particular would be good for the club.

For me, with Ancelotti out of the frame, its Benitez 1st choice, with Jol or Moyes as second choice, and I would risk Rijkaard if none of those three were available. I don't want Martinez, Hughes or McLaren, but I do think McLaren would do a good job for the club. Is Claudio Ranieri available, he has some gravitas and would be popular with the fans?

Hadn't thought about ranieri. Wouldn't mind him.

For all the anti McLaren and Raffa posts, both are good managers. Raffa in particular would be good for the club.

For me, with Ancelotti out of the frame, its Benitez 1st choice, with Jol or Moyes as second choice, and I would risk Rijkaard if none of those three were available. I don't want Martinez, Hughes or McLaren, but I do think McLaren would do a good job for the club. Is Claudio Ranieri available, he has some gravitas and would be popular with the fans?

Hadn't thought about ranieri. Wouldn't mind him.

NO NO and NO

He was pretty unspectacular at Chelsea. For someone who has a mission on to lead us hopefully to the top 4, I'd be reluctant to give the job to someone who spent ages managing in England and couldn't even order a cheese and ham toastie in English.

Roda JC

AFC Ajax

Two tin pot domestic cups. He couldn't win the league with Ajax FFS. I remind you THIS IS ABOUT OUR NEXT MANAGER NOT WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR MATE.

Make that two numpties then coz I can't see the whole Jol thing either.

Oh and yes I would give my left arm to see the football we played under Atkinson at Villa Park again

Guys I would like to point out I'm not ITK but am posting this as the guy who told me to back Houllier at 16/1 has just text to say.... Get on Hughes 100%. I would like to point out this guy knows a few people at VP but when pushed he clammed up. I will have £200 out of the £800 I got of the Houllier tip off....just got 3.9 on betfair.

Roda JC

AFC Ajax

Make that two numpties then coz I can't see the whole Jol thing either.

Oh and yes I would give my left arm to see the football we played under Atkinson at Villa Park again

Agrred mate Big Ron's team was the best footballing team I have ever seen at VP....been going down since 1984 how unlucky am I.

Guys I would like to point out I'm not ITK but am posting this as the guy who told me to back Houllier at 16/1 has just text to say.... Get on Hughes 100%. I would like to point out this guy knows a few people at VP but when pushed he clammed up. I will have £200 out of the £800 I got of the Houllier tip off....just got 3.9 on betfair.

Sounds plausible.

Hiddink seems to be getting closer to Chelsea so that isn't an option for Hughes.